Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

R.I.H. Sir Joh Bjelke-Peanut

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
YouthPolicy 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Eunos wrote:
London Dave wrote:
A corrupt politician.

Theres another kind?

you can always tell the ones that are lying.... their lips are moving
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:40 pm

emdeem wrote:
... I suppose you think ANZAC day is overated.

Your comment was very unAustralian but that probably doesn't worry you anyway does it?

WHERE DO YOU GET OFF CALLING ME UN-AUSTRALIAN

I'M A BLOODY AUSTRALIAN AND I'LL ALWAYS STAND UP FOR BLOODY AUSTRALIA

I'M THE LAST OF THE AUSTRALIANS ... AND PEOPLE LIKE YOU CAN PISS OFF BACK TO AMERIKA WHERE YOU BELONG

As for Anzac Day ...

1. Anzac Day belongs to the people who've returned from wars. It's a day of reunion for THEM ... and it's a day of remembrance for those who didn't return. It's got nothing to do with "patriotism" and flag-waving bullshit.

2. The Gallipoli campaign itself was a disgraceful waste of human life and should never have happened.

3. It is absolutely OBSCENE to play a game of football on Anzac Day and it is to the ongoing SHAME of the Collingwood Football Club that we continue to commit this sacrilege year after year.

4. In recent years Anzac Day has been turned into a full-scale celebration of jingoistic so-called "patriotism" and flag-waving nonsense. Nowhere is this more evident than at Gallipoli itself, where the green and gold army descends upon the sacred site every year for what is no more than a giant piss-up. The more over-blown it has become the more it has cheapened the solemnity of the day. And if you think my views are some sort of way-out leftie ravings, maybe you should read some of the letters in the mainstream press this week. I'm not the only person who's offended by all the hype and bullshit.

5. I would suggest that it's no coincidence that as Australia sucks up more and more to America, our celebration of Anzac Day becomes more and more American in nature.

Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:55 pm

Dr Alf Andrews wrote:
emdeem wrote:
Your comment was very unAustralian but that probably doesn't worry you anyway does it?

WHERE DO YOU GET OFF CALLING ME UN-AUSTRALIAN

I'M A BLOODY AUSTRALIAN AND I'LL ALWAYS STAND UP FOR BLOODY AUSTRALIA

I'M THE LAST OF THE AUSTRALIANS ... AND PEOPLE LIKE YOU CAN PISS OFF BACK TO AMERIKA WHERE YOU BELONG

As for Anzac Day ...

1. Anzac Day belongs to the people who've returned from wars. It's a day of reunion for THEM ... and it's a day of remembrance for those who didn't return.

Read your posts Alf before you begin to rant and rave. Nobody called you un-Australian. IT was remarked that your post was un-Australian. Anzac day belongs to all of us who are the decendants of those who went and fought and to all who appreciate what these brave souls done for us.

And as for you being the last of the Australians, lets hope you are in fact the last of your kind, because the last thing this place needs is angry, hatefull knockers. May God bless you Alf and help you to see the good in someone or something at least once.

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:01 pm

Dr Alf Andrews wrote:
As for Anzac Day ...

1. Anzac Day belongs to the people who've returned from wars. It's a day of reunion for THEM ... and it's a day of remembrance for those who didn't return. It's got nothing to do with "patriotism" and flag-waving bullshit.

2. The Gallipoli campaign itself was a disgraceful waste of human life and should never have happened.

3. It is absolutely OBSCENE to play a game of football on Anzac Day and it is to the ongoing SHAME of the Collingwood Football Club that we continue to commit this sacrilege year after year.

4. In recent years Anzac Day has been turned into a full-scale celebration of jingoistic so-called "patriotism" and flag-waving nonsense. Nowhere is this more evident than at Gallipoli itself, where the green and gold army descends upon the sacred site every year for what is no more than a giant piss-up. The more over-blown it has become the more it has cheapened the solemnity of the day. And if you think my views are some sort of way-out leftie ravings, maybe you should read some of the letters in the mainstream press this week. I'm not the only person who's offended by all the hype and bullshit.

5. I would suggest that it's no coincidence that as Australia sucks up more and more to America, our celebration of Anzac Day becomes more and more American in nature.

Every year my mother and I make our pilgrimage to the Anzac Day March. My father is no longer with us.

I wear my father's medals in his honour and I also carry his photograph so that he is the person that is marching, I'm just carrying him.

I also wear my Grandfather's medals from the 1st World War.

My Mother wears a minature set of my father's medals as his War Widow and she also wears her father's medals from the 2nd World War.

My father's cousin was awarded a VC and MC posthumously in the First World War.

http://www.diggerhistory.info/pages-vc/cherry-vc.htm
http://www.awm.gov.au/units/people_541.asp

After we march to the shrine in rememberence of all these and others, we make our way to the MCG to the Anzac Day Match.

I stand and cry during the last post. It's close to my heart. I sing the National Anthem and I watch the football.

Anzac Day is a day of rememberence to me and i'm damn proud of my heritage and my ancestors!

Last edited by Proud Pies on Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:22 pm

Good on ya and God Bless Proud Pies. There you go Alf, now thats and Australian.
raymond35 

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 11:19 pm
Post subject: Re: R.I.H. Sir Joh Bjelke-PeanutReply with quote

Dr Alf Andrews wrote:
Great to hear that the perpetrator of the Cedar Bay invasion is now as dead as a maggot-riddled cane toad.

He who fed the chooks will now feed the worms.

They say "something is rotten in the state of Queensland" ...

... but d-d-don't you w-worry about that ...

It's just Sir Joh Bjelke-Peanut's rotting corpse ... stinking like a skunk.

Rot In Hell, you piece of maroon filth.

pathetic.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: