Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Judkins

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2001 10:10 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me a break Guys, Healthy debate? Rohan bases his arguments on pure crap.
Read my reply post which is the last reply on the third page.
Another player I forgot to mention on that reply was Sav Rocca.
Sav is a great guy, but No Club and I stress no Club want to do a trade for him. Secondly he was on 280 thousand dollars a year.
At the Kangaroos he is on a base of 80,000 and the rest performance. When Collingwood asked him to take a pay cut he rejected it flat out, and actually wanted an increase on his $280,000. Give me a break.

he may be okay for a couple of years but Sav is getting slower.
who would you take out of the side anyway Tarrant? Molloy? A.Rocca?

Rohan has no idea on the fact behind what Noel Judkins does.

From what I am told more players will be offloaded at the end of the year.

So give it a rest Rohan.

bolta 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2001 10:38 am

here here !!!! rohan give it a rest - you are embarassing all CFC with your antics !!!! Unitl anybody has worked behind the scenes we do not know what goes on !

Rohan Coventry Tateson 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2001 1:24 pm

Member,
Here are the facts.

Gehrig always wanted to come to Collingwood. Collingwood was courting him all last year. It was interesting to note that he was one of only a handful of West Coast players in attendance at a recognition function for Malthouse.
The same manager of my cousin James Walker manages him. West Coast was willing to deal with Collingwood but we didn't want to exchange anything of note for him. As a result the talks broke down.
The discussions didn't fail because of West Coast's relations with Malthouse. Infact the guy involved with the discussions, Garry Merrington (father of Carlton’s Adam), is one of Malthouse's best friends.

My point about Schauble is not understood by you. I was arguing that we didn't get enough value for him.
We traded him for Mark Kinnear and a draft pick. Schuable was worth more than a player that hadn't played more than 10 games. Sure we picked Leon out of it (never argued this); my point is that we need a key backman before a forward pocket who touches the ball rarely.

He didn't want to move to Sydney for lifestyle changes. He was entrenched in Melbourne and was finishing off commerce at Melbourne Uni. I know this because a number of my mates are Old Xaverians and I did the same Uni course as he did.

My point about Stevens is that we took Wasley instead of him. Your right in what you say how he wanted to stay at Port but this was last year. I was talking about how we had the opportunity to draft him but took Wasley instead.

That stuff about Williams having a feud with Buckley and having gambling debts is pure speculation. Maybe you should follow your own words and talk about facts. Maybe Eddie can enlighten on this one.

McKee is an interesting one. He is 23 and has been on the scene for a while. One of my best friends played at Richmond, Chris Bossong, and through this friendship I knew a few Richmond players. Just before we has traded he was told that he would be delisted, as he was a 3rd or 4th backup ruckman at Richmond. Collingwood were the only club that would take him on and what a mistake that has been.

May the St Kevin's Old Boys Prevail.

mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2001 1:28 pm

How many "last posts" will you make on here Rohan????

Lockyer24 Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2001 5:42 pm

We offered a high draft pick and West Coast overlooked it for the absolute champion DAVID SEIRAKOWSKI.
Im sure we offered better than that. Neil Balme told the public West Coast wouldnt deal with us no matter what..so I think youre talking shite Rohan.

Lockyer24 Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2001 5:45 pm

How can someone with so many high profile friends have absolutely none on here? only joking Rohan

Rohan Coventry Tateson 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2001 6:01 pm

Lockyer 24,

Balme only said that to save face. There was a lot of backlash over not getting Gehrig and the board had to save face because they had a upcoming annual meeting were recruiting was a major topic.

We will never know what was involved because no one has made it public.

I'm only taking what I heard from my cousin. He is a more credible source because he is managed by Gehrig's manager than John Doe off the street.

McGuire will never divulge the dealings and that is his right. Time will see if it gets out, people still to this day don't yet what was involved to get Buckley!

What you hear in the press and what actually happens are two completely different things.

cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2001 6:35 pm

And wot makes u think that your cousins manager told him the truth...hey Rohan???????

And if u know wot was involved in getting Buckley... why stop there let us all know.......

BE LOUD......BE PROUD

[This message has been edited by cobood (edited 24 July 2001).]
Rowdy26 

chomp - new strawberry!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2001 7:57 pm

Why is it some peoples intention in life to simply stir up controversy all the time.

Tarkyn Lockyer is an absolute gun... to even propose that he should be used as trade bait is talk that will do more damage than it will do good. Tarkyns spirit, work ethic and everything about him represents what Collingwood is endeavouring to be. He may not have the outstanding natural physical attributes of many surrounding him but his endeavour is second to none and I wish all Collingwood players were more like him on several fronts.

My dad might not have played for the pies, nor my grandad, uncles, cousins or even distant relatives... and no i dont claim to have inside connections to people in the know at the club or anywhere in AFL in general. I aint rich and never went to no private boys school.

However I consider myself part of Collingwood, and am angered so much when I read negative threads and comments by the same people all the time. Maybe, just maybe, the club is actually doing something right. I can assure you that from my position behind the boundary line cheering the Magpies on every week since I can remember I have never been as excited with what is happening at Collingwood than at present.

It hurts when I hear "supporters" undeservingly belittling the players, the club and those associated with the club. I expect it from the opposition but cringe when it comes from those who claim to be Collingwood through and through.

There is such a thing as constructive criticism or comment but often this line is overstepped as certain person(s) seem to insist on doing here and dragging there name and those associated with it into mud.

*** Rupe, Tarks, Johnno, Ranger would be in my team anyday ***

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2001 2:00 am

Rohan,

I understand the whole Gehrig situation.

Wasley was taken ahead of Nick Stevens for one reason you ding bat.

That years draft you could only take one 17 year old.
The 17 year old that we picked was Tarrant. Therefore we couldn't go for a player like Stevens. I know its hard to cop but that is the Reason.
Stevens is a gun.
It seems like you only have snippets of information and add stuff that you think is correct.

Gehrig had the oppurtunity to come to Collingwood all he had to do was say I want to play at collingwood and thats it, I dont want to play at St-kilda then west coast would have had to let him go there even if they didn't want to deal with us.

But it was also his managers influence who is good freinds with Blight and the huge signing on fee that pushed him towards St-kilda.

So don't just drop names to me and think that you know all the intricate details of the situation.

send me more I love giving true facts

Spongo 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2001 5:00 am

I hardly think that a guy who racks up 37 touches in a game we lose by seven goals is a miss. Also, when considering the pereformanceof the recuiters we must remember that not every draft is of the same quality. Also, I think that players like Betheras and prestigiacomo are vital because they are willing to remain with their opponenets. We will have noticed that when we turn the ball over we are very quickly caught out on the rebound because too many of our guys have pushed too far forward. One more thing, this guy (RCT) only ever seems to bag what Collingwood does, sounds to me like hes more of a richmond supporter than a collingwood one. As far as lockyer going to WCE, who the hell for? who would we want from that rabble they call west australian football? Richardson has rarely been beaten wihtout being spectacular and wakelin has given us a third tall defender who can rebound off HB, along with lonie, who i think does a little too much rebounding and not enough defending at times, but he will learn. Just remember, we won fewer games with all of the players you people said we gave away for nothing and we got lonie withthe draft pick we got from North for Olarenshaw, so I think we can claim the points on that one.

Thank you and goodnight  

Rohan Coventry Tateson 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2001 6:32 am

Ok,heres my response.
Never said we should of got Gehrig,was just commenting on the deal.

The thing about Lockyer may be wrong. But what I am trying to say is that in order to get quality players you have to exchange quality. We need a Ruckman like England need a few batsman.
Burns is not of the same value because injury's have cut him down and hardly any clubs would go for him now.

What would you rather have? A ruck like Porter or Gardiner, or a midfielder that is behind O'Bree and Buckley. A key ruck is of more importance than a midfielder who can be replaced in the future by players such as Didak.

Legga 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2001 11:17 am

To member,
I am impressed with your knowledge of the inner workings of the draft, but I will pull you up on one point. At no time was Danny Roach considered a top 10 draft choice. By his own admission, he had a poor U/18 carnival, playing in the b division, played very average over a 2 year stint with the Mariners and was considered to be a fair way behind his best mate Brad Green. Judkins himself said that he can develope into a good footballer, and that he is a bit of a project player. I can tell you that one other club that I have friends at (in the Football dept.) didn't rate Roach in the top 20 for the '99 draft, and were surprised we took him so high.
That is fact!

Kate 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2001 5:30 pm

Oh Rohan,

I am again embarrassed for you and your supposed knowledge of the "inner workings" of the club and apparent 'facts' about why this or that happened, why so and so did this, who said what, and what is actually true.

I'm sure your brother's mates' cousin's best friend has whispered a couple of gems your way- and I just know you're one of those righteous knobs who takes it as gospel and jumps on their soap box with quotes like "well I went to uni with him, so he MUST have told ME the full story...." or "My cousin slept with his manager's dog..." and "I know what REALLY happened because some other tool told me so (because he wants to sound like he has any idea by big noting himself)".

I am quite frankly embarrassed at what you have claimed as fact and your preaching about "what actually happens differs from what we hear in the press..." argument. Because you would know, of all people. I am sure that football's biggest power players would be running to you to confide in and let in on all the juicy gossip, so you can come snivelling to the Forum with it.

I can assure you that the "facts" you have let us in on are complete crap and nothing more than the stories people who PRETEND to be in the know spread just so they have have a slightly different version so people assume it must be the 'real' truth.

It may surprise you to learn that the rest of us are not actually loser supporters who sit here just hoping that someone with a club connection will give us the 'inside scoop'- a lot of people have more knowledgable connections than you may think, and I don't mean someone's mate who knows someone who once talked to a player involved who told them some bullshit to shut them up.

Melbourne- Australia for that matter, isn't that big. Pretty much everyone knows someone, or is related to someone who does or has played footy. It's just that the rest of the population don't assume we all of a sudden know 'the real story about what goes on'- we have the discretion and brains to shut up.

[This message has been edited by Kate (edited 24 July 2001).]

Rohan Coventry Tateson 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2001 5:39 pm

Are you Kate Balme?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5   

Jump to: