Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

A good article by Gary Lyon

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dantheman 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2001 4:47 am
Post subject: A good article by Gary LyonReply with quote

http://afl.com.au/news/story_240678.htm

stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2001 7:17 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read it and I think it's an accurate assessment.
I totally agree with Gary Lyon.

Magpie Gal 19 Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2001 9:26 am

I thought itwasavery good articleby him, BUT I Rather thepicture any day!! (The one of Nicky Davis against the wall)[] 

NICKY DAVIS KICKS ARSE!!!!!
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2001 11:59 am

Was a pretty 'unemotional' assessment of the pies. Big point I thought was don't be too upset if we miss finals this year, and it was interesting to see him give Judkins & co some kudos, especially in light of this weeks 'burning' thread about recruiting.

timagpie 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2001 3:50 pm

Garys article summed up our postion perfectly. He was exactly spot on when he said that there have been to many clubs in recent season that have made fleeting apparances in the finals only to end up at the bottom of the ladder the next year. Just look at melbourne.When we make the finals thats it for 6 more years.
The article also painted a very clear picture of what Collingwood have been doing since 1999 and what they are going to do over the next 5 years.
Collingwood this year and since 1999 have simply set themselves up for a black and white dynasty. Which 2000 and 2001 will be looked apon as the where it all started years.
ALL I CAN SAY IS WATCH OUT COLLINGWOOD HERE THEY COME TO ARRIVE TO A BLACK AND WHITE DYNASTY. LOOK OUT AND WATCH OUT ESSENDON.

GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD UNITED FOREVER AND EVER AMEN GOD BLESS THEM ALL

timagpie 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2001 2:46 pm

It was a great aritcle by Gary Lyon. Didn't you just love the last paragraph how 2000 and 2001 will be looked upon as sound investment for September action for years to come.
I am now adiment that the COLLINGWOOD BLACK AND WHITE DYNATY IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER.
Anybody if an essenscum supporter is been his arrogant self tell him that when essenscums little act on center stage is finished COLLINGWOOD THE MAGPIES ARE ALWAYS WAITING IN THE WINGS TO TAKE OVER.
The eras thus far. It was west coast, north melboure/kangaroos, essendon Next please COLLINGWOOD

GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD UNITED FOREVER AND EVER AMEN GOD BLESS THEM ALL

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2001 3:19 pm

I admire Gary. The article was probably spot on but it's nothing that hasn't been said before...hopefully it will give the boys a kick up the ass so they can get into top gear and make the finals this year. But good things comes to those who wait, all that said though...patience is for people who have too much time on their hands

JDF
Hiya-and-Higher 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2001 5:32 pm

Gary Lyon writes well doesn't he?
And yes we as supporters who have watched the ups and downs, know it to be true...we are on a threshold of success, with a super team of coaches and players who are committed, passionate...and best of all ---> *exciting!*.
Read the David Buttifant article on the Collingwood site. To me it shows clearly why you have to look at a season with some intelligent perspective...and not like the media would have it...all or nothing...that you are either champs or no hopers.
Everyone has their magic moments and their dumpster moments...the fun comes when you battle on and find success through effort.
The legend of Phar Lap had its power from mostly trotting along last, and then streeting the field in the home straight to win. Essendon created such a legend for itself last week.
Climbing Everest is not easy...and winning premierships is not unlike climbing Everest....experience, skill, toughness, rehearsing the campaign, overcoming adversity...you are born with the potential but you have to develop it.
That's where I see our club right now.
3 cheers for everyone involved!
I'm having a great time!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: