Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Straight "Yes" or "Gone": will Collingwood still make the Fi

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hiya-and-Higher 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2001 4:46 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

In...
...just.
We are good enough to surprise a few yet.
For some reason we have struck several teams at the top of their form...Geelong, Brisbane, Hawks.
Even the Crows played the best they had all year up to that point.
We are in a slump, but that won't last.
Maybe with just a few games to go the boys will snap to...
Regain consciousness.
Give it everything you got!
There's nothing to lose!

I@n S 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2001 5:30 pm

Doubt it. I think MM has lost it in the last few games!

Millane42 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2001 2:56 am

Honestly i would say every game except the fremantle and essendon ones are 50-50. so therefore 3 wins 3 losses. The comp is so close that any side in the positions 2-12 can win on the day.

11 wins 11 losses, with a good percentage and the result of other games, maybe we will be there. But either way look at it this way, it's our best season since 1997 so far, if we win 11 it's our best since 1994 when we won 12. the team have given their all and we're not done for yet.

C'mon Pies lift!

MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2001 3:33 am

This year.....IN......just!

Next year? The sky's the limit!

GO PIES!

Marg

mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2001 4:25 pm

I agree with Leggs that we have really come a long way this year, and that at this time last year any one of us would have been rapt with what we've done.

There's a culture at Collingwood that the only success is a flag. Same for Essendon and Carlton. Some of the other teams are just as happy to say "Yeah! We made the finals", or "Geez we put in a good 3rd quarter". We're not like that. We want a flag and we EXPECT a flag, no matter what.

But I also think the reality is, it won't happen this year. And not even next year. But I'm very confident that 2003 is going to be it. We have a great young side who are improving all the time and can only get better. I will be VERY happy to even get one finals match just for a bit of extra experience this year.

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2001 10:35 am

Do we deserve to be there....yep...look the annoying thing about the final eight is half the competition have got to get there and at the end of the day the ones who dont get there have failed now im not being critical of collingwood when saying this.

Our draw is not fair its unjust to think a team who finished 15th last year has to play the top 4 teams of the competition twice in each year.When the others seem to scrape into the final eight by only playing some of the top 4 clubs only once.

I get pretty narky come september and collingwood are not there it's a lonely month when that happens as we all know.

If we do get into the eight i dont expect our magpies to storm there way into a grand final.

If collingwood do make the finals i will be on a mission to stick it up all those dirty hideous scumbag collingwood haters, i wanna be in there putrid faces i wanna show em the finger right up close so every one will think im tryin to pick there noses.

Im sick of copping so much crap every september if i had the dosh i'd piss off overseas for a month.

At the start of this season we were all insulted with peoples predictions of collingwood collecting another wooden spoon and those bastards can get stuffed if we dont make it to the first week of the finals them bastards will snigger once again.

Lets get there please who gives a goose's arse if we should be there or not,we gotta a lot of payback to attend to, im sweating on repaying a little in 5 weeks.

Go pies stick it up the moronic twits !!

DONT BRING A KNIFE TO A GUNFIGHT...sean connery...the untouchables !!...DARREN MILLANE SIMPLY THE BEST...BETTER THAN ALL THE REST #42..GO OUR GLORIOUS BLACK AND WHITE MAGPIES FOR EVER UNTIL DEATH!!

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2001 2:24 pm

Summed up succinctly Joffa, my learned fellow. We get screwed in the draw, a point I think Gary Lyon made in the article mentioned on the thread here.

Making the finals was a little out of our reach I thought at start of year, but we are in position to make the finals, and I'm fairly confident we will. It'll begreat to make the 8 and stick it up those moronic cretins in the press who predicted a spoon, jumped on our bandwagon, then stuck the boots in again.

Go Pies Go!

timagpie 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2001 2:38 pm

We all know that derme (germie) is a tosser who can write for *hit in the press but there is another journo i can't stand in the press and that is rohan connerlly the aged. I know he follows essenscum and his article about COLLINGWOOD have been so biased against us he can get stuffed.
HThe headline he used was magpies run out of steam what a dick head its only a from stump not just running out steam and it was just great Gary Lyon wrote a factual article which was probably the best article written on COLLINGWOOD this year. It sure beat the *hit out of mike sheans gutter crap also does anybody notice that the "experts" in the media are strating to get very envyous of COLLINGWOODS progress this season hense try to sweep the magpies under the carpet which you don't do. Eg: wallsy and germie

GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD UNITED FOREVER AND EVER AMEN GOD BLESS THEM ALL

Broadie 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2001 2:14 am

I've been holding off on contributing to this one, but the first sentence of Joffa's struck a chord with me:
We deserve to be there, but I have a bad feeling the draw will conspire against us.

If we do miss, it may be a great spark for next year, simply because missing out after being in the 8 for so much of the season is bound to hurt badly - coming 15th is embarassing, but being so close to finals and just missing is the type of inner pain that drives teams towards success (look at the hunger in the Essendon side, driven by the fact they should have been in GF and probably premiers in 96 & 99).

Broadie
Mr Pieman 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2001 11:46 am

My heart says YES but my head says GONE......cause we have a tough run into the finals.

If we had beaten those "should have won" games against the Kangas and Swannies then we would have been there 4 sure.

CARN THE PIES

mike b 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2001 1:22 am

I think we are in trouble. I felt the signs against Adelaide, when we got home in the fourth quarter on Buckley's boot. The last few weeks, the kids have run out of puff (not to mention Buckley, Fraser and Richardson have all been carrying injuries). The young ones are feeling the pinch and the ruck/midfield is struggling (couldn't even beat Thompson and Croad last week!).

I'm with Legga, if someone had said to me "take 10 wins and a stepping stone to the 2002 finals" at the start of this year, I would have been happy - and that's where I reckon we will end up. One finals match (for experience) this year would be a bonus.

An easier draw would also help, but the club makes money playing the blockbusters - anyway, playing the tough games today will make us a harder unit in the future.

Broadie 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2001 5:26 am

After last night, I'm not sure I can agree with myself anymore.

Broadie
Danzy Rocks!!! 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2001 5:41 am

We deserve to be in the 8...but that doesnt mean we will make it.
The draw is unfair, but if we cant beat the "good" teams now, how are we going to beat them in the finals???

the great number 17
*miss_magpie* Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2001 8:29 am

Why does it seem collingwood are a case of the jeckyl and hyde?
At the start of the season I would've expected a 100 point win over Fremantle, but instead I had my doubts about us having the capabilities to come out on top. Don't get me wrong i've got confidence in them, but it just seems that our consistancy is killing us!
In the third quarter my heart had stopped... completely. Even in the fourth when we were coming back i still had doubts..
If Collingwood can play the way they did at the start of the season, I think we can definately make the finals, if they keep playing with low confidence, shaky skills and can't maintain the speed that we all know they're capable of, then I can't see us getting too far.
With us struggling to hold our place in the eight, we are going to need to lift out game a hell of a lot, especially with the run home we have been set to.

_-~`*#24-Tarks & Johno-#26*`~-_
*miss_magpie* Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2001 8:30 am

... oh yeah in answer to the actual question in the topic... I think "yes".. but it's a very, indefinate yes.

_-~`*#24-Tarks & Johno-#26*`~-_
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: