Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

my day at subi oval if youre interested.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ed healey 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2001 12:54 pm
Post subject: my day at subi oval if youre interested.Reply with quote

My wife and I went down to Perth for the game,stayed at a motel in perth city and got the train to subi and back,Id already made a speed camera flash and i fear a red light camera got me at a mt lawley intersection so the weekend was already over budget as a boy from the bush is not used to these contrivances to relieve a driver of his pocket money,will keep a lock on the mail box so no bills re above can be delivered.
Got to subi and to my amazement it was only $15(i expected more) to get in each and we got a seat behind the point post 4 rows from the front.
I picked that spot because mistakenly I thought the pies cheer squad would be behind the city end goals,I was wrong there.
Being an old fart member I was used to standing on the wing ,can in hand and offering useful advice at full voice to anyone that cared to listen.
No can do.Thats progress.It was $4 for a plastic cup of mid strength and 89 steps had to be negotiated before regaining ones seat,I will have a new strategy next time.
The goal scumpire in front of me was a blind school reject and I must say that I now know why some people have been critical of our ruckperson,the non leaping stunning steve,enough said.
I had not been to a collingwood game since the MCG at 1986 and we lost that one,so the result was much appreciated but when all dackers had a loud orgasm when they hit the front in the 3rd qtr I have had better moments.
Not the best game ive been to and quite frankly all these changes to stadiums make it worse as a viewer in my view.
Gopies I was looking forward to meeting some of the cheer squad from the board but never mind Im here anyway.

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2001 3:48 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the 21st century, Ed.

Yeah. The footy's not what it used to be. I'm just glad the Pies could win one for you. I must say, it looked pretty doubtful for a while there.

**floreat pica**

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: