Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Essendon players out of contact

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
timagpie 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2001 4:18 pm
Post subject: Essendon players out of contactReply with quote

Did anybody notice on www.afl.com.au that essendon will have a battle on their hands to keep some of their main line players.
Due to the salary cap and pay cuts for the players.
The negotions are put on hold till the end of the season.
This is great finally some thing going against essendon and finally some bad news for them. Finally they might have to off load some players.
Misti and wellman sound like that they might be one of them.
Hopefully COLLINGWOOD pick up these players that have been overloaded.

GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD UNITED FOREVER AND EVER AMEN GOD BLESS THEM ALL

@shLicuria 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2001 4:26 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I WANT SOLOMAN!!!!!!!!

How kool would it be to have him??

i mean other than him being hot and all... there is also the fact he is an ace playa.. and he is really good friends with chrissy tarrant

SOLOMAN SOLOMAN SOLOMAN!! hopefully we can get him...

the thing is "timagpie" the bad thing is the drafts... i mean we want good players.. but who's gonna go, for us to get the players we want??

i HATE draft time.
Has to be the worst time of the year.
Makes me depressed... already lost some of my favs last yr... don't wanna lose more... but i spoze to get better we gotta let some go eh?

Luv da 1 da only da @sh Licuria

[This message has been edited by @shLicuria (edited 27 July 2001).]
timagpie 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2001 4:45 pm

Misiti and/or wellman this would be graet because this would allow more flexiblity in our midfield and also defence.
Stop looking at the players as how good looking they are and judge them on what COLLINGWOOD need and look at it from a teams point of view. Solomon to me seems egmamatic and is hot and cold player we don't need that type of player and misti and wellman are alot more consistent.

timagpie 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2001 4:55 pm

COLLINGWOOD recriutment department really need to strike it lucky with all of these essendon players out of contract. We really need to snap up these players does any body know if this is a posssibility.

timagpie 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2001 5:07 pm

misiti and wellman to Collingwood. Also on www.afl.com.au it did say that there was a top leading player involved also i wonder who this player could be.
Time Collingwood got aggressive about their recruiting and snapping players up I want a more progressive recruiting at the end of the season.

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2001 7:27 pm

Solomon will be a magpie next year

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL
junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2001 3:16 am

solomon's a great player, but c'wood needs key position players so I would prefer wellman over solomon, or luke mcpharlin from hawthorn who will be out of contract this year.

"everyone's a winner hot pies"
junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2001 3:17 am

or darren gaspar, who will also be out of contract.

"everyone's a winner hot pies"
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2001 3:36 am

Why would we want Sean Wellman ?? I think Chris Tarrant exposed Wellman on Anzac day. Does Sean Wellman really play as a key position player ?? Or does he simply stand loose on the wing and get easy positions as part of Essendons game plan ??

Darren "Doctor Who" Gaspar is a great player but how much would he improve our side by ?? Plus look at our history of trading with Richmond. Here are the players Richmond have "kindly" traded to Collingwood or we have picked up in the draft who originated from Richmond..

1. Matthew Francis
2. Stephen Ryan
3. Steven McKee
4. Brad Smith

Now that list would tell me that we should not be trading with a team like Richmond.

You want a player like Dean Solomon as he is tough as nails and has the mongrel in our team that we require. Solomon never takes a backward steps and never shirks an issue. Solomon and Burns would form quite an agressive half back line and would be capable of providing a lot of attack from defence.

APA

yarra falls end 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2001 6:30 am

Yeah, lets waste a shitload of money & maybe a couple of draft picks on Solomon. I think he is totally overated, and would probably struggle in a lesser team.
In any event I reckon Essendon will probably make sure that if
they have to off load players they will do so to the lower clubs
in exchange for high draft picks.

John Greening the legend

ytry4 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2001 9:03 am

Anyone know exactly how both the drafts work?

I mean, will we need to give Essendon a few draft picks/players in return for a couple of their players?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if a player is out of contract, he either has to nominate for the pre-season draft, where he will be picked up by the lowest finishing club. Otherwise, the two clubs have to strike a deal with each other on who and/or what draft picks will be traded. Is this the way it works?

'The heart of a club lies not in its location but in each and every one of its fans'
---------------------------------
BLACK & WHITE - For those who bleed Black & White

Rohan Coventry Tateson 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2001 9:04 am

Recruiting a big name/s over the summer is a must for the club. Malthouse commentated on how we need more experienced players to carry more of a burden for the side.

The priority is a key defender and a ruckman.

Obviously Essendon is a target, but despite what you hear, not as many players will depart from there. The attraction of playing in a great side that is destined for more success might see some players taking pay cuts.

Solomon must be chased because he will help some weaknesses in the backline. At the same time Essendon are not going to let him go lightly and we must be willing to offer a player plus a draft pick. Sheedy expressed a desire to trade for Lane last year. Lane plus a draft pick might be a suitable offer for him.

The other consideration must be a ruckman. If Beau McDonald is out of contract we must tangle a large carrot at him. If we had a decent ruckman this year we would of won at least 3 to 4 more games.

May the St Kevin's Old Boys Prevail.

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2001 9:22 am

Actually i think Solomon would excel in a team like ours. Well if they are to agree to a trade Solomon has to agree. Now lets take a look at the lower clubs this year :

StKilda : Who would be willing to go there ??

WCE : Wow must be a big incentive to be coached by Ken Judge....lol

Fremantle : No coach and the worst team going around.

Or you can come to Collingwood and play footy with one of your best mates in Tarrant and be coached by Malthouse.

Now i dont think that would be a difficult decision to make. If the clubs cant come to an agreement then he could go into the pre season draft and Essendon would get nothing for him.

We already have Rogan Josh and McKee and another ruckman called Richards. Carl Steinforts brother Patty plays at Richmond and hasnt played a game yet. He would be a player we could pick up for nothing. As a junior he was really good and was taught by Simon Madden and is meant to be a good tap ruckman. The thing is ruckman take time to develop. I think our problem is more our midfield. If you look at Essendon they dont have a great ruckman do they. But what they do have is a dominating midfield which is unstoppable. They simply read the oppositions tap outs which is something we can do if we wanted to.

J. Johnson
B. Caracella
J. Misiti
J. Hird (when required)
J. Blumfield
C. Heffernan
M. Mercuri

This is where i believe we need to improve. I believe we have some young players capable of developing into these roles. But if we got one more quality midfielder i beilieve this would bolster our team more.

APA

Black_White 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2001 11:34 am

I want Porter.
Simple, easy, we need a ruckman before we need any other player. And a young up and comer like Porter would be the answer.
Maybe Eddie could win him in a bet with big Jack?

-Craig

FAITH

~Madness~ Aries

...The Cat...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2001 12:02 pm

I have heard on numerous occasions that they are interested in Rioli from Essendon...

Id like to see Hammil, or Everett, and Gasper? yeah well, looking at that list of previous trades? ummmm NO

im sure we will get a few goodies...
lets just wait and see what REALLY happens hey? ehehhee

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: