Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Wakelin!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaicosForever 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2001 5:12 pm
Post subject: Wakelin!!Reply with quote

What the hell are we doing with Wakelin running around like a headless goose in the side. Kudos to young Kinnear he played a fair game and virtually held backs together tonight along with clement, but if there was a single player who was doing all the good work a dis-service it was Wakes. I hate critiscing players especially when I'am emotional like this but he has been pathetic in the second half of the year and I'am amazed he was selected in favour of Presty tonight. Presty would have provided a more'genuine' contest with Pavlich,but Wakelin looked like he was out of his depth and was being given a touch up by a seasoned vetran. Rather the rookie gave the vetran a right flooging. Gimme Presty any day. Wakelin...u are the weakest link...no pun intended!!

Louis

the prez 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2001 6:00 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair point Louis.Everytime he gets the ball and tries to set something up he gets caught and coughs up the footy.his peripheral vision is awful.He's a liability in the side at the moment.I don't doubt that he's a good defender but I think he's definately no.3 behind Presti & Richo.He's an important link in a strong backline but when he has to shoulder the load he's exposed.I spose he's a bit of a luxury for us as a defender when he's playing well as he was earlier in the year.Needs to work on his decision making badly or he may be shunted down to Willi where he can have that extra time to make a decision.

GO WOODS

MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2001 12:35 pm

I must admit that I was really worried with Wakelin's game. He definitely wasn't reading the game very well and was making quite a few errors.

After seeing Presti playing for Williamstown today I'd really like to see him back in the senior side. He certainly didn't star but he had a solid game which is just what our backline needs, especially when Richo is out.

GO PIES!

Marg

timagpie 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2001 2:55 pm

wakelin game is starting to become 1 demensional where he runs out of defence and just kicks it with out weighing up the options first hence causes turnover. I don't think he has a great deal of height either and is better postioned on the back flanks or on the ball.
Another aspect about defence I find that malthouse wanting a more running type defence hence oping for betherus and kinnear instead of richo and presti. Richo and presti are tall thats it but they aren't a hell of alot fast. They are just tall.
Rup played a blinder in defence and could have indivailly put our finals campaingn on track with his 1 per centers.

GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD UNITED FOREVER AND EVER AMEN GOD BLESS THEM ALL

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2001 3:11 pm

The reason Malthouse likes Wakelin is that he tries to provide run out of defence Sometimes it looks good but sometimes it does not. We need Wakelin and Presti firing for us to make the finals. Ben Kinnear also needs to fire up.

APA

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL
~Madness~ Aries

...The Cat...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2001 3:14 pm

hmmm he did have an absolute "Barry Crocker" didn't he Wako.

ahhh well, i must say, there wasn't too many far behind him in the "Barry Crocker" stakes...hehehehe

Was anyone playing on McManus there last night??

I mean even Bucks had a bad one, i think we had better all walk away, shake our heads and forget last night happened hey???

OHHH yeah, before I go, been thinking of this for a while now...WHO THE HELL IS OUR FORWARD COACH? because im telling ya shades of Sav are coming into Chrissys game....and with that i mean, leading under the ball, too soon? shit, i think Tarrant is a superstar, but i think there is someone at the coaching level there that needs to have a good look at themselves...

cheers

Lockyer24 Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2001 4:39 pm

Tazz and Benny Kinnear great effort boys you made me eat my words. Wakelin ahead of Presti, our match committee what were you thinking..

Legga 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2001 7:15 am

I was told that Presti came off in the Dorks game because of a foot injury, and although he played for Willi, wasn't quite 100% for the Freo game. Richo needs to get fit and firing in a hurry, because we really need him in defence. If the match committee would let Benny K string a few matches together, he would get the tempo of the game provide valuable assistance to the others in the backline. Unfortunately, Wakes had a shocker, and hasn't been the same in the second half of the year. Don't forget that he missed all of 2000 with the Achilles injury, so maybe he's feeling the pinch at the moment.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: