Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Draft Judgement Fallout

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pie no sauce 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 1999 4:56 am
Post subject: Draft Judgement FalloutReply with quote

I saw the following comment on the AFL site,

"The Melbourne salary cap saga will come to an end today, but it won't be a happy one for the Demons. The club is expected to lose draft selections and be fined heavily - up to $650,000 - for widespread salary cap breaches. ... But opposition clubs, particularly Essendon, which lost draft selections and was fined because of breaches, have argued that the Demons should be hit hard."
No matter how much you dislike the D's one has to feel sorry for them and their supporters.
BUT,,,Essendon. My b&w blood boils when I think about their similar "crime" and their position. Does anyone know what exact penalties they received. I must have missed it because I was keen to see just how much they'd be stung. When did/do they lose their draft picks?
The real peeve is that their on top of the goddam ladder and a monty for the big cup!!! So soon after such a crime and supposedly having been duly penalised.
AFL FORGIVE ME BUT I DON'T GET IT????

Mr_Plow 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 1999 2:09 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel sorry for the Melbourne supporters but definately not the club. If they hadn't cheated to get Jeff White maybe we would have been able to snare him. They deserve all they get and more.

I'm not sure how much Essendon were fined but the AFL took away their first 2 picks for the national draft and they are not allowed to trade to get a pick in those first 2 rounds.
ha ha ha

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: