Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Security is out of control ... Joffa evicted.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2001 7:46 pm
Post subject: Security is out of control ... Joffa evicted.Reply with quote

Tonight we saw an appalling example of the power that security personnel at the football have.

We were in the middle deck of the Ponsford. During the first quarter Joffa got into a shouting match with a few Richmond people down at ground level. Nothing out of the ordinary. Completely harmless stuff.

Security personnel came into the Cheer Squad area late in the first quarter. One particularly over-zealous female security officer spoke to Joffa who, apparently, just reminded her that we were actually at the football, that his actions were entirely appropriate for the football, and that she should go elsewhere (or words to that effect).

In what was undoubtedly the greatest example of security over-kill I've ever seen at a football match, Joffa was evicted from the ground. He missed the second and third quarters but returned for the last quarter after the gates were thrown open.

Soft, security. SOFT !!!

It is obvious that Joffa is being targeted by security. He did nothing out of the ordinary at all. But because one particular security officer decided to make it her own personal crusade and to make an example of him, Joffa was forced to miss over half the game.

This comes only a few weeks after the reported debacle at Football Park, where I'm told Joffa was also threatened with eviction for standing up to lead the chanting.

I think it's time these frustrated wannabe cops were put in their place.

They obviously have no people skills whatsoever and no basic common sense.
They create a confrontation just on their own personal whim. They have no understanding whatsoever of the nature of the football fan.
They have no understanding of how passionate a football supporter can be.

They expect someone like Joffa to suddenly become meek and apologetic just because they've spoken to him.
As if Joffa, in a fired-up state of mind, is going to say, "Oh, I'm terribly sorry. I shall refrain from such verbal attacks in future. Rah, pip!"

Of course he's going to tell her to "f... off". Why shouldn't he?

She's an ignorant twat who'd be better off getting a real job instead of trying to be the custodian of middle class manners at the M.C.G.

This is OUT OF CONTROL. No wonder football crowds have become as boring as the faeces of certain noctural flying creatures.

How far is this going to go?
How much more power are these fascists going to get?

I find it absolutely terrifying to think that I could be at a crucial footy game one day ... in the heat of battle ... charged up in a frenzy trying to cheer the Pies home ... and then have some goon tap me on the shoulder and say, "You're out, mate."

**floreat pica**

pants42 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2001 8:11 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Alf,this happened also last week at subi, a pies bloke leading the chant was turfed out for cheering too loud!!mate i feel for joffa and all passionate followers, i want to go back to vic park u know what i mean,.where we are not ruled by p.c facists,i reckon this should be brought to the attention of the club if this harrassment continues it could result into a ugly scene which will reflect badly on our club and supportors

Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2001 4:18 am

I too witnessed that debacle last night. That redcoat has shit for brains, maybe she should be ushering the ballet instead. For crying out loud (or should that be shouting out loud) there was no harm in any of it. This is against the spirit of football and the man (sorry, person) in the outer. What do they want us to do, yell out "Yay Team" and finger tap? I really could not beleive this shite took place.
One consolation in this was the promotion of Alf as cheif chant leader. Although he had to move from his customary position, did a splendid job. Well done ! It was good to see Joffa make a comeback for the last quarter. But no passionate Magpie Supporter deserves this.

MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2001 4:59 am

I was there too and it really sucked. That security woman has no idea at all about football or cheer squads! I was in the Collingwood Cheer Squad in the 80's and those stupid security idiots would have had a heart attack if they'd seen what used to go on back then.

Verbal abuse was constantly thrown back and forth between cheer squads sitting only metres apart. And this usually resulted in punches thrown at some stage during or after the match!

What do security think a cheer squad is for? One of the great sights in football is a team's supporters shouting and jeering their team to victory, particularly in a tight match. How would the players feel seeing all their supporters sitting in the stands, sipping tea and occasionally whispering a subdued Go Pies! What crap!

Security guards need to be put in their place and reminded of what football and football supporters are all about. Something's gotta be done!

GO PIES and GO the Collingwood Cheer Squad!

Marg

foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2001 5:15 am

yeah, it was a deadset joke. i wish they'd just leave us alone. i was hoping we'd kick 10 goals in the third quarter so joffa could make a triumphant return at 3 quarter time - but it didn't happen.

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2001 5:18 am

Joffa you belong with us in the Outer Cheersquad.

APA

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2001 6:11 am

JLC,

This has got nothing to do with outer "cheer squad" versus the Cheer Squad.

This is about Security versus Terrace Culture.

It wouldn't matter where Joffa was sitting, he would still be targeted by Security. They evicted him last year when he was in the unofficial squad. He's a marked man.

I think it's grossly improper of you, JLC, to try to use this as an opportunity to poach our Captain. I suspect you're really only interested in collecting your fee as Joffa's manager. Let me think ... 10 per-cent of the transfer fee ... that's, er ... 10 per-cent of nothing by my calculations.

I've got a better idea ... why don't YOU join the Cheer Squad.

**floreat pica**

junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2001 11:04 am

I arrived late at the game and was looking around for joffa so I can come and say g'day at half time, but he was no where to be seen. now I know why. this is a farcical situation. it's as if those who dare to cheer are living in a perpetual police state. these goons must have no life so they come to the game and wield their faux authority over ordinary fans. I think a letter needs to be drafted to the AFL, MCC and MCG.

BTW joffa, I did get a glimpse of you...nice bow tie

"everyone's a winner hot pies"
Black_White 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2001 11:50 am

Eddie? , Eddie? Where are you Eddie. This matter can only be resolved by personal intervention from YOU.

You have this persons I.D. number (see previous posts) so how about you do something about it?

You've sung with Joffa and co. (Moron park) so you have displayed the passion required to set these security idiots straight.

Our C/S is the 2nd most important thing on match day, please protect them.

-Craig

FAITH

~Madness~ Aries

...The Cat...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2001 1:14 pm

ya wouldn't get me within coeeeeee of the cheer squad...

*laffs*

and hides

Chipper_Toon 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2001 6:14 pm

We will all be theatre goers before we know it. This is a disgrace.

However, you will be interested to know that in the English Premier League you can be evicted for as little as giving a one fingured salute.

You know what i think? We should make huge examples of ourselves next week and see what happens.

"it only happens once a season, but it is very rare" Tony Shaw, Fri 3rd August, 2001

magpie24 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2001 3:58 am

Just one question on this topic?

Did the Richmond scumbags get evicted to, or were they allowed to do as they want.Like in the earlier game against Richmond they walk around as if they own the G and SECURITY let them!!!!

I was above the C/S Fri nite and there were a heap of police looking down on yous untill they got what they wanted!

******WE WILL RISE IN OUR WAY*****
cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2001 11:09 am

Madness...... its yur loss!!!

BE LOUD......BE PROUD

cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2001 11:20 am

Chipper_Toon......

I think #142 IS a reject security from the EPL... She threatened a person in the cheersquad for giving the 1 finger salute before she swooped on Joff.
She might've quietened us on Friday..... but wait till next Sunday...... They haven't seen or heard anything yet!!!!

Are you all with us!?!

BE LOUD.......BE PROUD

Dantheman 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2001 2:06 pm

Seems to me that the security response has improved since last year's Richmond game when the pigs dragged Joffa out of the ground.

If you can't shout your head off at the footy then it's completely stuffed.

I mean you've got the ads on the MCG scoreboard being shouted in your face at every spare moment before and during the game, but your not allowed to barrack for the actual footy!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: