Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

any one selling a computer ??or know of a cheap one ?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2001 6:44 am
Post subject: any one selling a computer ??or know of a cheap one ?Reply with quote

In 3 weeks time i will no longer have a job as i will be retrenched oh well it's the way things go today ! so i am looking for a CHEAP computer to buy because my original computer spat the dummy so therefore i had to rent one. presently im looking at downsizing all my finances.so this one has got to go,

So please if anyone has a cheap working computer to sell please let me know it would be much appreciated.

DONT BRING A KNIFE TO A GUNFIGHT...sean connery...the untouchables !!...DARREN MILLANE SIMPLY THE BEST...BETTER THAN ALL THE REST #42..GO OUR GLORIOUS BLACK AND WHITE MAGPIES FOR EVER UNTIL DEATH!!

ck_nd Pisces

Pie Minister

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2001 6:52 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

hey Joff,

try the trading post... another option is to suss out any businesses that are upgrading their systems. Last year my accountant was upgrading their computer systems and they were selling 'puters for 100 bucks, that was 'puter, 15" monitor and keyboard... so if you keep your eye out for perhaps a company that is upgrading their systems you might be able to find one even cheaper than most second hand 'puters sold privately.

Is there anyone on this board that the company they work for is upgrading their system?

Also can try government departments and universities - they upgrade often thanks to our hard earned taxpayers money... so there is another option.

Hope this helps,

Carol

Don't ask yourself what the club needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and go do that, because what Collingwood needs right now is people who have come alive.
Spook 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2001 9:05 am

Joffa,

Try this website: http://www.comtrader.com.au/

Plenty of 2nd hand systems are listed here...it's also worth a visit to the Sunday computer markets (the dates and locations are also in that link). Quite often they sell extremely cheap systems of the type that Carol mentioned.

As always, prepare to haggle!

Good Luck!

Buckley Surfers 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2001 3:55 pm

Joffa, as you are a brother in arms you may well be in luck. I know of a machine going at the moment that is high powered and extremely well priced. Email me at driver@magpies.net when you get a chance and I will send you specs and other details. Price will be an absolute ripper too. It would cost you less than if you bought the components wholesale and put it together yourself.

But in return I only expect one thing - make sure you fire up the Army good and prper this Sunday. We all need to make sure that there are no passengers and that everyone pulls their weight now we are at the business end of the season.

WE'RE COLLINGWOOD - AND THEY'RE NOT!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: