Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Willo's new role?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2 PIES IN CAIRNS Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 1999 9:47 am
Post subject: Willo's new role?Reply with quote

In Damien's report of the game v Richmond he says what a great job Willo did as a stopper on the duck. ( Haven't seen a tape of the game yet - will do so tonight- but I believi you Damien). It got me thinking that rather than continuing to canvas the idea of using him as a swap for the likes of the spider from St Kilda, he can be used in certain games as a tagger rather than the one being tagged. He is obviously capable of performing this role and still drifting forward to kick a few of those goals on the run as he apparently did v the Tigers. There are others around the club we can use in swap deals and , yes, while I can't see North letting him go, I think Harvey should be closely looked at.

------------------
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 1999 11:20 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

i wouldn't say willo was strictly a tagger on the weekend. he was also pretty instrumental with some play of his own, especially in the third quarter. i think daffy just had an off day. after all willo's not very fit right now so shawry might've wanted him to just run with daffy rather than dash all around the place. in any case i have no idea why anyone wants to get rid of willo. he's a bloody champion and we need for those brilliant team-lifting goals he kicks, and just his general presence.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 1999 2:47 am

Agreed he wasn't strictly used as a tagger, but I recall late in the 1st qtr, seeing Willow get his first touch and thinking to myself that he wasn't going that well - then I noticed that he was playing on Daffy who had not had a kick at that stage so I reassessed my opinion of his performance up to that time. He certainly got better as the game went on and became much more attacking, kicking that brilliant goal coming out of the centre later in the game. Daffy is in the top ten for kicks in the league I think, but Willow showed that when you play him close and there are no easy stats, he goes missing.

------------------
Damien
TBirdsRGo 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 1999 5:43 pm

Could his new role be at the WC with Pies getting Fraser Gehrig in return?
eye 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 1999 1:59 pm

I was having a chat with Gehrig's dad the other day. He informed me that Fraser's manager is trying to get him at Collingwood. In fact that's where he wanted to play from the start.

foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 1999 5:28 pm

gherig on our forward line sounds very, very tantalizing. think about how athletic that half-forward line would be with tarrant, mal, gehrig, pebbles, even kinnear or tuckey. and then we've got wasley who can play on a flank, browny providing a bit of bite in a pocket, oborne developing into a champion crumber, and the savmeister one out at FF. truly sounds like a spectacular forward set-up.
Pie no sauce 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 1999 6:36 am

It's got me drooling, even tho I can't realistically imagine the best-toasted-lame-ducks letting a talent like that go.

Fletch 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 1999 10:36 am

WOW I have always been a big fan of Gehrigs, he is definately a top player and will improve even more hopefully at Collingwood. I dont agree however with those fans out there who think Mal is a better forward just think if we had some better tall defenders Mal could play on the smaller forwards and I have no douht he would completely shut them down.

BTW Im the new guy so take it easy on me(just kidding) for those wishing to contact me:

e-mail= fletch1@angelfire.com
ICQ= 41857487

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: