Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Olympic Park

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Legga 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2001 7:35 am
Post subject: Olympic ParkReply with quote

Well, it looks official. We are on the move.
They are saying that the Govt. has got the $25 million for the redevelopment, and that the Pies are to be the Marque tenant.
The training facilities seem like they are second to none, and will put us in the same league as the interstate clubs. Another great inititive by Eddie, and to think that not only do we have the best up and coming team in the league, but we will also have the best training facility in the state. Every young player will be hoping to get drafted by us, and I bet you start to see established players asking to be traded to Collingwood. I really think that we are coming out of the dark times that have befallen us recently, and we are once again becoming a financial and competitive power again.
IT'S ALWAYS GOOD TO BE A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER, BUT IT'S ABOUT TO GET BETTER!!

The room service guy 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2001 8:06 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I'M EXCITED!!!!!

THE RUP IS ON FIRE!!!!!!!!!!

stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2001 8:12 am

"Only the best for Collingwood"

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2001 8:33 am

It is with great sadness for myself to acknowledge the need to move on with the times it will be sad to think of victoria park as another bye gone chapter in my life.

I was initiated to this most wonderful football club at a very young age at victoria park.

I can remember emma 8 weeks old in her pram in the rush stand
at good ole vicky park.

And dear old mum bashing the shit out of another middle aged woman with her brolly and dear old dad being so bloody legless he couldn't walk.

SO many mmories so many good times, i do get sentimental when reflecting on victoria park, it is very much the true meaning of collingwood it is what we all are,if one was to write a song about collingwood people one of the lines would have to be ' there's a little bit of vicky park in us all'

I understand the need to move on but lets not ever forget the wonderful history of victoria park and it'people and it's football club.

So it looks as though with misty eyes i have conceded change, i want collingwood to become the best,to have the best and if it means leaving home to achieve that, well so be it.

But im a little sad not with anger, im sad because in a little way a part of myself will remain forever with the old girl so lets not be too quick to wipe her from our minds to do so will be ignoring the fantastic historical importance that victoria park and collingwood have had on australian rules football and more importantly peoples lives.

Its been great knowing you old girl and i for one will never ever forget you.

DONT BRING A KNIFE TO A GUNFIGHT...sean connery...the untouchables !!...DARREN MILLANE SIMPLY THE BEST...BETTER THAN ALL THE REST #42..GO OUR GLORIOUS BLACK AND WHITE MAGPIES FOR EVER UNTIL DEATH!!

Melsa5 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2001 10:40 am

I too have wonderful memories of the old girl Joffa. Who can forget the Plugger v Monkey show in front of the cheer squad. Or the Nicky Winmar saga. Or the cold wet days on the oval trying to hold the huge banner up.

I too can remember as a 8 year old, when my uncle tried to take on 5 Nth Melbourne supporters out in the outer. Gee the stoushes that were out there, would count up to many.

But it is time to move on. We may loose the old girl but not the memories Joffa!

This is exciting times for the Pies, and we are to all move together as one.

junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2001 10:54 am

do you know why my signature is "everyone's a winner hot pies"? this was a classic line that was uttered by a pie fan who was absolutely off his face one cold afternoon at vic park. he just kept repeating it over and over again in his drunken slur; it was so funny that it's stuck in my head ever since it's just one of the indelible memories I have of the place.

"everyone's a winner hot pies"
~Madness~ Aries

...The Cat...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2001 11:43 am

YAYYYYYYYY

bring it on i say....
the social club is good there...and im sure it will bring more people to the social side of things....hehehehe

yayyyyyy

*drinks a beer for OP*

GeorgeQ 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2001 2:14 pm

Like so many people I have such fond memories of Victoria Park, it is such a big part of the past for me. The people, emotions, and relationships formed at Vic Park have helped make me the person I am today. Perhaps someone articulate like Alf or Junkboy could write a book detailing ordinary supporters experiences at Vic Park, similar to those in this thread by Joffa, Junkboy, Melisa.

Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2001 2:23 pm

I'm giving this move 5 big Kevs.

timagpie 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2001 5:03 pm

ONLY THE BEST FOR COLLINGWOOD
COLLINGWOOD THE ENVY OF THE NATION.

GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD UNITED FOREVER AND EVER AMEN GOD BLESS THEM ALL

Dantheman 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2001 5:15 pm

Yeah, going to Vicpark was the best.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: