Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

We need cheerleaders

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 1999 3:34 pm
Post subject: We need cheerleadersReply with quote

Went to see the Melbourne Storm play on Sunday and something suddenly hit me....the AFL needs cheerleaders. The melbourne Storm cheerleaders were a lovely bunch of young girls and I really appreciated their dancing skills. I know we've had the Bluebirds and the Swanettes before but the 'Magettes' has a nice ring to it I reckon.

------------------
Damien
Mich@el Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 1999 12:22 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Damien, Damien, with comments like that you remind me of another Damien of the Monkey variety. I really hope you are joking! Cheerleaders hey? I think rugby can keep their Yankee stolen crap!
Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 1999 10:35 am

If Collingwood is going to have cheerleaders we use the "Dollie Greys". That will at least make us unique !
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 1999 10:48 am

After seeing highlights of the gridiron in Sydney on the weekend I am further convinced that we need cheerleaders. hubba hubba.

Using the Dolly Greys is a nice thought but most of them were probably in their heyday when Lou Richards was captain.

Damien.

PS: Michael, I'll take the comparisons with the big Monkey as a compliment.
Pugsville 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 1999 6:21 am

NO WE DO NOT NEED CHEERLEADERS.

North used them last year for some games, I don't know if they still do, or if the swanettes or bluebirds are still going but who cares. Australian Football has it's own traditions the cheer squads and the banners the reserves. Razzle Dazzle, chrome plate it is not suitiable for all things. It's like all those new jumpers and team songs. Simple block designs look good, complex suiggles don't. Some of the newer designs might look good on paper or promotional shots but wait till there is mud everywhere and see how they look. We taken too many bad ideas from the american sports system already (salary caps, drafts, winning) You know the absolute shame o the destruction of fitzroy by the forces of evil was the fact that it said losing was unacceptable. There is a long tradition in football you go out and give your all for the jumper. If you lose well you weren't good enough, you nurse you bruises, bitterness and hatreds till the great wheel turns. Next we'll get some sort of mecry rule, (it's happening with the TV coverage already) 10 goals down at half time call the game over. It's like leaving the football early. You DO NOT LEAVE EARLY. If you support your team you support your team when they lose. IF you don't appriecate defeat you'll never understand victory. It's the questions and themes about character that make Aussie rules the great game that it is. Razzle dazzle, winning, eveness, grayness, coporate money ...blah.

No we don't want cheerleaders, we are not carlton.

pugs.

foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 1999 11:30 am

speaking of supporting your team, could we maybe get some bloody supporters at the game this friday? where are you all!!! god, 47,000 against richmond is pathetic. i expect 80,000 this friday, because we're going to be bloody competitive, who knows we might just win. i want to see waves of black and white, not just little specks in a sea of red and black. last saturday was pathetic in that regard. you could hardly hear the collingwood supporters! thank god we won. whatever happens i'll be there in my no.16 jumper (go wazza!), and everyone else better be there too, or i'm gonna be angry.
I@n S 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 1999 2:08 pm

Cheerleaders... NO THANKS. I don't think its time to go as low as North melborne thankyou very much
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: