Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 817, 818, 819 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:41 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
Yeah, ditto LD, hope everything is sorted and you're OK.

Maroondah Hospital?

On a different note and back to something i posted about before, I was speaking to my son during the week and he was saying he expected to have custody of his son soon. He'd been in contact with the bird his ex was supposedly staying with and apparently she'd dumped the kid there and taken off. Allegedly she's hitting the gear hard and gone right off the rails.

The boy told me he could just take the kid, but was happy he was safe for the moment and if DHS took the kid, if that's not the wake up call she needs then nothing will work.

So Friday arvo he rang me, DHS had rang him and told him to go get the kid, he now had full custody.

He's coming over with the kid tonight for dinner, so I'll quiz him more then. He seems to think he has it worked out, but I'm used to his plans coming unglued, so I'm hoping for the best.

I know the intent will be there, he's bloody good with the kid, far better parent than his ex. What worries me is he works 50-60 hours a week, is supporting his 19yr old unemployed half brother (who at least provides some support as he's also great with the kid) and he doesn't have a great track record of coping with pressure.

I'm really happy he has the kid and he's safe, bit of history repeating in some ways. I probably should feel more sorry for his ex, but she brings shit on herself *. I tried hard when I had her living here for 2 years to get her to understand, but no dice.

* bringing shit on herself doesn't refer to the DV issue. I have NFI what happened there and other than assuming Ice was involved somehow I'm not speculating.

Well done hope it continues to go to plan

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:22 pm

COOOOOLLLLLIIIINNNNNGGGGWWWWOOOOODDDD!!!
yeah baby!

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:45 pm

^ This! Very Happy
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:25 pm

Just watched the replay in a pub in Melton, I’m skunked and so $$%^%%$ happy!!
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:52 pm

The son came over today around lunchtime.

When he said he was coming around lunchtime, I didn't take that as I was supposed to prepare lunch for the grandson, but we got there.

He's walking a tricky line at the moment, DHHS haven't formalised anything yet (hopefully this week) so he can't plan beyond 1 week at a time which doesn't help organising childcare.

He has a good network helping him. A lesbian couple who the kid has known since birth had him for a few days last week and a few days this week. The sons unemployed half brother looked after the kid Thursday and Friday last week which doesn't bother me as despite being practically useless and a cone head, he's really really good with the kid.

Babymumma has been agitating the pot, or trying to, with multiple texts and ringing up trying to bluff, but the son is dealing with it all really well, or so it seems.

He's set himself that the kid is staying with him and is working on figuring out how to do that while still working full time. History fkn repeats.

I'm so proud of his intent and his actions so far, and that his sister is right behind him. I made a few fck ups trying to raise them but something worked.

Exposing my inner arsehole for a moment, I'd pay money to see his exe's face when she realises that not only does she lose custody of the kid, but there goes all the money and she's back on basic newstart allowance and has to look for a job (or get pregnant again which I wouldn't put past her)

Life is complicated but positive. Smile

Oh, and I also bought some bluetooth headphones today. Work brilliant.

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:25 am

Good on him, hopefully he'll see the benefit of needing to go F/T at work instead of casual once he becomes a single parent. Getting paid if he's sick, or the kid's sick, will definitely be a plus!

As for the ex, not only will she have to get a job if newstart isn't enough, she'll then have to pay your son child support! Ha, that'll hurt!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:00 pm

LOL, that would definitely hurt.

I can't see her getting a job, she's basically unemployable unless she has a complete attitude overhaul. I'm tipping she'll swiftly find a wallet with a penis attached and try to get potted again.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:28 pm

So i finally got my act together and mapped out our Griswolds European vacation! Hubby tends to procrastinate, so i showed him, he made a couple of minor adjustments to Germany, and then said, dont like the end, lets cruise the islands instead. so i had a look and picked a couple, he comes back for another look and says that one, book it! huh, like now? i dont even have flights!! book it, book the balcony room! well ok then!! so i guess we are really going! Qantas even had a currency sale on so i got some pounds and euros too! Ill book the flights during the Easter sale!!

i watched junior in her first game of the season, Shes now vice captain and got a pay rise to boot! they lost by a couple, but they played well, meanwhile the B grade mens footy team won 225 to 1 point! which apparently was a rushed behind! can you imagine!! spewing i didnt get there earlier, apparently it was just about an all in brawl!!

meanwhile my eldest came home with the news that the Bank shes contracted out to, want to buy her contract with the consulting group out, and have her permanently - with a bloody big raise and a yearly bonus to boot! im so damn proud of this kid, iespecially considering its such a male dominated area, She is just going on in leaps and bounds!

well its been a great week! Now i just need the boys to bring it home and mend the crack in my soul! Go Pies!! make this day perfect for me! cheers, i hope your week is just as good as mine!!

Last edited by think positive on Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:04 am; edited 2 times in total
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:11 pm

Is Junior playing Netball or footy? Congrats to the elder, it's good when you see a kid start to realise their potential.

So what's the basic itinerary for this European vacation? England and Germany?

My daughter went off the track on her trip to Europe, shunned the big cities mainly and spent most of the time in the small rural areas. Crete would be one place I would definitely go to after seeing her photos and talking to her. Portugal would be another. Zero interest in seeing London, I could be encouraged to visit Essex and buy the local constabulary a round of drinks for arresting my great great grandfather and having him sent to Australia.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:18 pm

KARMA!!!

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-04-07/suspected-poacher-killed-by-elephant-eaten-by-lions-south-africa/10979436
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:24 pm

^

Girls, your daddy died cos he was fkn stupid.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:58 pm

Kids came over tonight, grandson was like a new kid. Couple of weeks eating proper food instead of sugar filled crap has worked wonders.

Son has a meeting with DHHS on Wednesday to see what's happening. Hopefully he gets custody, she's apparently not on their Xmas card list. The mother rang up again tonight, the kid showed a bit more interest, asking her where she was, but not much. He's not suffering for lack of his mum, that's clear

The daughter is back doing uni again and her GF is doing her masters in social work, so they're doing time between her place and her place, mixing work, study and inner city living stuff. Good on em.

Everyone liked dinner so I'm happy with that, even the little bloke/

ronrat 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:24 am

Morrigu wrote:
KARMA!!!

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-04-07/suspected-poacher-killed-by-elephant-eaten-by-lions-south-africa/10979436

I hope the Lions are over their heartburn. Should have left the rest to Hyenas. And fed the other 4 mongrels to a pack of wild dogs.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:07 am

stui magpie wrote:
Is Junior playing Netball or footy? Congrats to the elder, it's good when you see a kid start to realise their potential.

So what's the basic itinerary for this European vacation? England and Germany?

My daughter went off the track on her trip to Europe, shunned the big cities mainly and spent most of the time in the small rural areas. Crete would be one place I would definitely go to after seeing her photos and talking to her. Portugal would be another. Zero interest in seeing London, I could be encouraged to visit Essex and buy the local constabulary a round of drinks for arresting my great great grandfather and having him sent to Australia.

cheers Stui, wrapped about the elder for sure!! youngster still playing netball, but its a club so they have netball and footy, and its on at the same time. and i love footy so... i usually have a peak! the seconds actually won 230 something to 1 rushed behind, and the seniors 220 to 2!! i think these thrashings are pretty common though, read in the paper today about the lions who had not won since round 10, 2015, and had been regularly beaten by heaps, and often had not scored, they won yesterday by 30 odd points and everyone ran out to celebrate! the onions got me for sure!!

. So we head to london, spend a day looking at the main sights, visit with my cousin and head to Ilfracombe, Devon, where i was born, my elder sister was born there too, we were literal trailer trash, So 2 nights in Devon, as its just beautiful, seaside towns, looks amazing, and we drive past stonehenge to get there, so ill drop in for a pic!! then drive to Bedford for a night, and then catch the train to Paris for 2 nights. catch the train to Nuremberg, take a river cruise and drive around the test tracks, and by happenstance the next day they have an old timers grand prix, which hubby will just love, and i wont mind at all! thats all definite, but not booked, then im planning on 2 nights in Berlin, a couple in Nuremburg, then Munich, and then to Innsbruck for 2 glorious nights which i cant wait for!! then to Venice for a couple of nights, jump on the ship which is 7 nights down to Santorini, and back, stopping everyday, including Athens and the place where they had the original Olympics, then to Rome for a couple of days, and if its not too far id like to see Pompei, and fly home from Rome.

Im with your daughter, i always shun the cities, i prefer the back country, but its not really viable, im nervous i admit, just with all the shit going on, and the talk of thieves, and its been an exhausting couple of years, so i jumped at the ship suggestion!! Ill see what i want to see, and have a nice rest, hopefully take some great shots, and yeah, put a couple of ghosts to rest. I dont know why thats important to me but it is. I didnt want to come here, even though now Im glad we did, but i still remember the 7 year old clinging to her mates when She had to say goodbye!!

(im already planning the US trip next year following the sprintcars for the 60th anniversary tour!! wasnt even my idea!!) we are not getting any younger, i want to travel to the places with long haul flights before it gets too much, then ill think about New Zealand and Australia!

cheers!

Last edited by think positive on Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:08 am; edited 1 time in total
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:13 am

stui magpie wrote:
Kids came over tonight, grandson was like a new kid. Couple of weeks eating proper food instead of sugar filled crap has worked wonders.

Son has a meeting with DHHS on Wednesday to see what's happening. Hopefully he gets custody, she's apparently not on their Xmas card list. The mother rang up again tonight, the kid showed a bit more interest, asking her where she was, but not much. He's not suffering for lack of his mum, that's clear

The daughter is back doing uni again and her GF is doing her masters in social work, so they're doing time between her place and her place, mixing work, study and inner city living stuff. Good on em.

Everyone liked dinner so I'm happy with that, even the little bloke/

Good stuff mate. great to see your family doing it for the little one. he will be a great joy to you im sure. Whats the daughter doing at Uni?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 817, 818, 819 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 818 of 866   

Jump to: