Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 818, 819, 820 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:51 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I think she's doing a Diploma in Community Services.

Trip sounds really good, enjoy.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:09 am

stui magpie wrote:
I think she's doing a Diploma in Community Services.

Trip sounds really good, enjoy.

From what I’ve heard of her, that’s a brilliant choice, good on her, world needs people that care in the right jobs,

And cheers, ta

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:07 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Kids came over tonight, grandson was like a new kid. Couple of weeks eating proper food instead of sugar filled crap has worked wonders.

Son has a meeting with DHHS on Wednesday to see what's happening. Hopefully he gets custody, she's apparently not on their Xmas card list. The mother rang up again tonight, the kid showed a bit more interest, asking her where she was, but not much. He's not suffering for lack of his mum, that's clear

The daughter is back doing uni again and her GF is doing her masters in social work, so they're doing time between her place and her place, mixing work, study and inner city living stuff. Good on em.

Everyone liked dinner so I'm happy with that, even the little bloke/

Great stuff Stui, we're gunna make a smashed avo, almond latte man-bun wearing hipster out of you in no time Wink Razz

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:09 pm

Next fortnight (next pay period) I'm getting a $5.95 per hour pay rise. Not too bad: still underfunded for the work we do and the decision making responsibility we have but better than a poke in the eye.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:16 pm

watt price tully wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Kids came over tonight, grandson was like a new kid. Couple of weeks eating proper food instead of sugar filled crap has worked wonders.

Son has a meeting with DHHS on Wednesday to see what's happening. Hopefully he gets custody, she's apparently not on their Xmas card list. The mother rang up again tonight, the kid showed a bit more interest, asking her where she was, but not much. He's not suffering for lack of his mum, that's clear

The daughter is back doing uni again and her GF is doing her masters in social work, so they're doing time between her place and her place, mixing work, study and inner city living stuff. Good on em.

Everyone liked dinner so I'm happy with that, even the little bloke/

Great stuff Stui, we're gunna make a smashed avo, almond latte man-bun wearing hipster out of you in no time Wink Razz

I don't mind avo and grew my hair while I was unemployed so I'm sporting a pony tail at work and mullet at home, but I draw the line at the almond lattes. Wink

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:30 pm

Anti-abortion activists fail in legal challenge to scrap buffer zones

The High Court has thrown out a last-ditch legal challenge against laws that ban protesters from harassing patients and staff outside abortion clinics.

In a unanimous decision, the court rejected challenges by anti-abortion activists Kathleen Clubb and John Graham Preston against laws introduced in Victoria and Tasmania.

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/victoria/anti-abortion-activists-fail-in-legal-challenge-to-scrap-buffer-zones-20190410-p51cp3.html
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:09 pm

^

Good. I used to walk through those sanctimonious (I'm using that word again) cnuts when I worked in Wellington Parade. I'd never wanted to slap a stranger more until I started back in the city and had to cope with all these cretins walking along while looking at their phones

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:06 pm

^ yeah I used to have to walk through them when I attended the clinic for hormone replacement therapy after having a hysterectomy for cancer at 25. They used to obstruct me, yell and thrust disgusting pictures at me and accuse me of murder Rolling Eyes

I fckn hate them!!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:15 pm

^

The fact that (I assume) you didn't lash out and pound them into street pizza speaks volumes for you. When you would've liked to have kids but can't due to cancer and being accosted like that..............you're better than me.

ronrat 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:47 am

Morrigu wrote:
^ yeah I used to have to walk through them when I attended the clinic for hormone replacement therapy after having a hysterectomy for cancer at 25. They used to obstruct me, yell and thrust disgusting pictures at me and accuse me of murder Rolling Eyes

I fckn hate them!!

The right to life mob put stuff in our letterbox when I was about 14. My mother who had 2 stillborn children and miscarried another was in tears at the photos of a foetus in a bucket. My Dad was furious and rang the number on the leaflet and went ballistic. He then drove to the campaign office and had collected all the stuff from our neighbours and said if they ever pulled a stunt like that in our neighborhood of about 20 houses the dogs would be set on them. The woman said what houses are the dogs in. Dad says come down again they would find out. He said all the women in the office were crying and "you are a bully". Dad says no I ma not but having lost 3 babies before they were born is enough to make me feel you are a bunch of insensitive old molls. The local Vicar at the polling booth refused to let them put up posters in the school grounds as he too was not amused.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:26 pm

Today is the start to my new roster - 2 weeks on 2 weeks off. To make it even better, our department is taking over the maintenance of the Port & Rail facilities in Port Hedland. What this means is - today @ 1515hrs, I fly to Hedland with a crew (Sparkie, fitter & Chippie), we do a week there and then drive (6 hrs) to the mine to complete the swing (1 week) before flying home. My next swing is 2 straight weeks at the mine. The following swing, I fly to site for the 1st week, then drive to Hedland for the 2nd week.

The roster repeats from there with 6 plumbers, sparkies etc rotating between site & Port Hedland. A nice bit of variety thrown into the mix.

The interesting bit is my crew, all a fair bit younger, with plans of hitting the pub to watch the footy tonight, and on the weekends.
The superintendent see's me as being the responsible one. This is going to be interesting Smile

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:45 pm

hehe, enjoy!
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:03 pm

think positive wrote:
hehe, enjoy!

Just found out, the YMCA South Hedland Aqautic centre is only 1.7k from our camp. Spoke to someone there just now, open all year round and 27 degrees. Asked him if it gets busy in the arvo, he said "mate, you'll have the pool to yourself" Cool
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:16 pm

Skids wrote:

The interesting bit is my crew, all a fair bit younger, with plans of hitting the pub to watch the footy tonight, and on the weekends.
The superintendent see's me as being the responsible one. This is going to be interesting Smile

Just don't let em do anything really stupid, like getting pissed and driving or starting a blue in the pub, and the super will love you. Wink

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:16 pm

Fkn DP's Evil or Very Mad
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 818, 819, 820 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 819 of 866   

Jump to: