Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 770, 771, 772 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:35 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
Decided to head up to the house in Toc to check how things are and do a couple of jobs.

Garden is going great, the lawn clippings i used for garden mulch to inhibit weeds has mostly worked, and i got the old wood stove in the kitchen going without setting fire to the house (so far). From the old piece of newspaper in the firebox, it hasn't been lit since 1999, but works finey, chimney draws well and it doesn't smoke out the kitchen although it adds some much needed warmth.

When i had the place restumped, that changed the flow of the gutters so instead of going to a downpipe it just overflowed at the lowest point. So i got up on the ladder today and sure enough the gutter is full of water. Drilled a couple of holes to let it drain, tomorrow I'll cut a bigger hole and relocate the downpipe to that point, which just happens to be right above the laundry drain. Very Happy

Might give the lawns a quick mow once the frost has thawed and, if all goes to plan, get in 9 holes of whack-phuc

Good stuff, Stui. Theres something civilized about restoring an old and dilapidated property. Put up more pics when you get time.

Hope your backs better, TP, and good luck with the elder care. Bloody backs are like Clapham Junction, everything goes through there.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:23 pm

Cheers Mugwump, thankfully back is fine, I did a Pilates DVD yesterday, and now the DOMs are far worse than the hip/back pain! I need to keep at it, I was overdoing it and hurt my hammys early last year, now I need to get back to it!
As for the olds, no good news Im afraid, my FIL has 10-15 % vision, and the monthly needle in the eye ball is only just holding it at bay. Next month Im going to need help with him, when I went to get the car he wondered off. He asked me about 10 times who is having Christmas, are we going camping, and will my team make the finals. Meanwhile the oncologist said my MIL s lungs arent too bad but her liver is really bad. All he can do is assign a palliative care nurse. My only hope is she doesnt suffer too much, and that they both go close together. Married over 60 years...
They are good people. Cheers.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:50 pm

^ with two parents myself aged 88 and 89, I can relate to that, TP. Extreme old age can be very cruel. Good luck with it, and great that you are doing what you can to help them.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:51 pm

Glad to hear it.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:32 pm

Mugwump wrote:
^ with two parents myself aged 88 and 89, I can relate to that, TP. Extreme old age can be very cruel. Good luck with it, and great that you are doing what you can to help them.

cheers mate, they were both born in 1930, so yes same age as your parents. Bills Mum was 94 when she died, still living at home. i went to visit her with my eldest on my hip and 5 months pregnant with junior, and as i drove up the ambulance was just leaving. She was an amazing woman. Hubbys parents have always been good to me, so anything i can do...

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:46 pm

so this morning we had a scheduled power outage (not to self, hot water maybe solar, but it needs a pump to get it to the shower, brrrr) and rather than stay home and drive myself nuts turning on lights that dont work i took off for werribee free range zoo for some shooting practice with junior!

i seriously love love love this 105mm Sigma Macro lens,

please lord, get rid of these feral school kids!

you reckon its 5 oclock somewhere??

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:22 pm

Got an audition tomorrow for a small acting role in a TV commercial.

They want someone big to play a 40's style New York cop. If I get it, it's around $3k for a days work.

I've checked out the competitions profiles, there's one bloke there who has the look down pat I reckon, so I won't count my chickens (or cash) just yet.

K 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:34 pm

think positive wrote:
... i took off for werribee free range zoo for some shooting practice with junior! ...

Lovely photos, TP, esp. the hovering bee.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:51 pm

So went to the audition today. Interesting experience.

Handful of people in the waiting area, some discussing past acting roles and where they may have met before.

Person comes in, does a name check and who is auditioning for what role, me and another bloke go in together. I'm auditioning for the cop, he's auditioning for the role of a delivery driver who's just stacked his van.

First they do mugshots, she has the digital video/still camera connected to a laptop. We stand facing the camera with a little whiteboard with our name on it held across the chest, just like a prison mugshot.

Then she gives us a run down of the scene. No script, just improv, but with a clear setup. I'm a cop, he's a delivery driver who's just had his van rolled in a hit run. He's manic, I'm to calmly question him until I see something out of the corner of my eye and, ignoring him, I turn my head to follow the car being advertised as it drives past while he continues to yell.

We shoot one take, the guy auditioning for the delivery driver is good, get's right into it. I just channel dealing with semi hysterical so called managers in Health to remain calm and detached as instructed.

First take went well, the tone of voice suggests it went better than she expected, go into the second take with s couple of suggestions for me, all good. Did well, got good feedback, but clearly this is a serious production and I'm up against people who have real acting experience and they were doing auditions today and tomorrow, so I won't pin my hopes on getting it, but it was fun and an experience whatever happens.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:16 pm

K wrote:
think positive wrote:
... i took off for werribee free range zoo for some shooting practice with junior! ...

Lovely photos, TP, esp. the hovering bee.

thanks mate, my camera and junior are seriously keeping me sane right now!!

well done Stu, and break a leg!!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:36 pm

Arrived in Darwin bit after lunchtime today. I'm staying at Palms City Resort on the esplanade, which is wlking distance to most of the stuff to see.

The villa is really small, but nice, with its own balconey overlooking the pool area.

After i checked in, went for a walk for a couple of hours to get my bearings, slow walk as my right hammy is playing up and you could crack brazil nuts on my calves at the moment..

Interesting joint. Its a little like cairns, but a lot nicer and less tacky, I'm struggling at the moment to relate it to places ive been. The first comparison that came to mind will sound weird but it was el Paso. Big joint with no fkn people or cars. Went for a walk down the mall, you could've fired a cannon and not hurt anyone. Restaurents and bars everywhere with 6 or 7 people max. Maybe all the tiurists are at their hotels in the pool or on day trips but if this is peak tourist season, WTF?

I'll get a better idea when i hobble out later to get dinner

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:57 pm

stui magpie wrote:
So went to the audition today. Interesting experience.

Handful of people in the waiting area, some discussing past acting roles and where they may have met before.

Person comes in, does a name check and who is auditioning for what role, me and another bloke go in together. I'm auditioning for the cop, he's auditioning for the role of a delivery driver who's just stacked his van.

First they do mugshots, she has the digital video/still camera connected to a laptop. We stand facing the camera with a little whiteboard with our name on it held across the chest, just like a prison mugshot.

Then she gives us a run down of the scene. No script, just improv, but with a clear setup. I'm a cop, he's a delivery driver who's just had his van rolled in a hit run. He's manic, I'm to calmly question him until I see something out of the corner of my eye and, ignoring him, I turn my head to follow the car being advertised as it drives past while he continues to yell.

We shoot one take, the guy auditioning for the delivery driver is good, get's right into it. I just channel dealing with semi hysterical so called managers in Health to remain calm and detached as instructed.

First take went well, the tone of voice suggests it went better than she expected, go into the second take with s couple of suggestions for me, all good. Did well, got good feedback, but clearly this is a serious production and I'm up against people who have real acting experience and they were doing auditions today and tomorrow, so I won't pin my hopes on getting it, but it was fun and an experience whatever happens.

Sounds great, best of luck with it.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:01 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Arrived in Darwin bit after lunchtime today. I'm staying at Palms City Resort on the esplanade, which is wlking distance to most of the stuff to see.

The villa is really small, but nice, with its own balconey overlooking the pool area.

After i checked in, went for a walk for a couple of hours to get my bearings, slow walk as my right hammy is playing up and you could crack brazil nuts on my calves at the moment..

Interesting joint. Its a little like cairns, but a lot nicer and less tacky, I'm struggling at the moment to relate it to places ive been. The first comparison that came to mind will sound weird but it was el Paso. Big joint with no fkn people or cars. Went for a walk down the mall, you could've fired a cannon and not hurt anyone. Restaurents and bars everywhere with 6 or 7 people max. Maybe all the tiurists are at their hotels in the pool or on day trips but if this is peak tourist season, WTF?

I'll get a better idea when i hobble out later to get dinner

Interesting.... look forward to reports. I have never been there and always wondered what its like.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:02 pm

Can you imagine being there and wondered what its like?
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:49 am

Just picked this up Very Happy

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 770, 771, 772 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 771 of 866   

Jump to: