Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

2008 Dale Thomas Thread

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DThomas Sagittarius

Daisy! Black & White blood runs through him!

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 10:37 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

God I still can't believe we beat the Cats! This is like winning a premiership!

Daisy's goal an absolute ripper of a goal! Goal of the Year contender.
When he kicked that goal I was so amazed that I was left speechless!

50th game 18 touches, 6 marks and goal of the year! What fantastic match from Daisy! Plus he was playing on last years Brownlow Medallist!

DThomas Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 1:15 pm

Here is the video of his goal.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=dNUCgtoPPLA

DThomas Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 10:39 pm

I just got back from the game, and what a game it was!
Daisy's goal was just amazing! I was going nuts in the stands while he was running! Everyone knew he was going to kick it!

Fantastic effort from Daisy, 3 goals and 20 possies. Two thumbs up from me!

DThomas Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:43 pm

Another nice goal from Daisy on the run. Not as good as last weeks though.

Found an article on Daisy about him taking speckys.
http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/pie-in-the-sky/2008/06/08/1212863457454.html

DThomas Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:45 pm

Found Daisy's blog yesterday. He started it up about 4 weeks ago so more stuff is soon to come!

http://dalethomas.bigblog.com.au/index.do

DThomas Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:01 pm

Daisy's latest blog.

Quote:
Catching up after the Carlton game
Tuesday 17 June, 2008 - 17:08 by Dale in Default

It’s been a few weeks since I last posted an entry and to be honest life has been pretty good. After our victory over Geelong we came out and thumped West Coast and then defeated Melbourne before stumbling against our big rivals, Carlton.

The game against West Coast was one which we were wary of. Regardless of where they are on the ladder the Eagles are a dangerous side and they had proven that the weekend prior when they knocked off Adelaide. We went into the match confident but cautious and pulled out a huge result that did plenty for our percentage.

The following week we took on the Dees in a game they always seem to get up for and, as usual, they threw down the challenge before we repelled them.

Melbourne had been having a great run against us in the long weekend games and it was a statistic we really wanted to turn around.

Then came the Carlton game and the Blues really turned up ready for a fight. It’s a frequent occurrence for teams to really turn up ready when it comes to playing Collingwood. I don’t know what the fixture means to the Blues, but I do know most sides love to take the opportunity to attempt to knock us off and their fans love it when they do.

The old adage you either love or hate Collingwood is certainly accurate and while as a kid I was on the other side of the fence, I have really come to respect the history and passion of the Collingwood Football club.

For those Pies fans out there who want to know why I wear number 13, when I was drafted I had first choice of the numbers and 13 was the second available after 2 (which had been worn by Shane Woewodin). I wanted to stamp myself on a guernsey and with Shane being a Brownlow winner I chose number 13 and went with it.

As a kid I had played in number 7 or 39, so make what you will of the combination of having played in 7 and 13 at different times of my life.

This week we are taking on the Western Bulldogs. It’s an important game for us to win heading into the mid-season break, as a win will not only get us closer to the third placed Bulldogs but give us some more confidence.

It won’t be easy because the Bulldogs have been playing good footy all year and are the only team to have beaten Hawthorn. I think a lot of their success can be put down to a strengthened roster, their style of play and a lack of injuries.

Rob Murphy has been great for them this year after spending a chunk of last season out with injury. Jason Akermanis is another playing as well as ever, but I am sure our backs will make sure they handle Aker.

Honestly we are not where we wanted to be at this stage of the season and were hoping to be a top four side, but our start to the season made that difficult.

Off the field I am getting ready for my birthday and also for a puppy. My mum and sister are buying me a British Bulldog that I am looking forward to taking for a run. Hopefully he can keep up.

Dale

DThomas Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:41 pm

Daisy had a great game. Could of played his best game but got heavily tagged in the 2nd half.
Two speckies and 3 goals in 2 quarters is absolutley brilliant!
I expect him to have another big impact on Saturday against Adelaide.

DThomas Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:15 pm

His latest blog

Quote:
A good win at a terrible ground
Friday 11 July, 2008 - 16:12 by Dale in Default

We had a great trip to Sydney and got the result we wanted. It was a good game on both a club and personal level.

As a team we needed the win to push closer to the top four, which is definitely a goal, and also keep our winning streak over the Swans alive and stretch it to five games. I think being able to beat them consistently bodes well for the immediate future, especially if we do end up playing them in the finals.

It was also a good game for me, booting a couple of goals and taking a couple of good grabs. The marks were simply a case of being in the right place at the right time.

I was told about the surface at ANZ Stadium being shifty before the game, but once I was out there I couldn’t believe it. The ground was patchy with lush green grass in sections but muddy or sandy in others.

I think the way the footing could be best described would be to say it’s like going out for a kick on dewy grass in joggers. You don’t know when the ground is going to give way or hold firm.

I think that was part of the reason for the low skill level on display in the first half of the game as the players tried to get used to the surface.

Thankfully this week we are back to the MCG and a very good surface. I won’t be comparing it to ANZ Stadium because that would be an injustice to ‘The G’.

Obviously the Barry Hall/Shane Wakelin incident got plenty of coverage afterwards but from our end it didn’t take away from the game. I’m sure Shane felt it warranted a free kick and Sydney are dealing with Barry’s situation.

As I said this week we are back home at the MCG taking on the Adelaide Crows, who are a quality side and not dissimilar to Sydney in the sense they play a very tight game and are good right across the park.

You always know you have been in a contest when you have played the Crows and this week won’t be any different. On a personal note I am hoping to push up the park a bit and spend some time in the middle, but we’ll see what happens.

Both sides will be fired up for a big game, especially as the winner could finish the round just two points outside the top four with Sydney taking on the Hawks.

Also if we win we can create a bit of space for ourselves from Adelaide and the likes of St Kilda and Carlton.

I’m getting my dog this week, so in anticipation I have cleaned up the house and made sure I put paper down all over the place.

Rod, thanks for the comment on the post – it was good to get the job done.

Dale

DThomas Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:24 pm

Ash10 wrote:
Doesnt seem like he knows how to house train a puppy

Kept quiet on TFS last night.But then again,they hardly provided much conversation to the panelists outside of Browny's trip Confused

If you listen to him on The Squawk he is cracking jokes left, right and centre. If he was good mates with someone on the Footy Show he wouldn't be so quiet.
I want to sign up for the BigBlog and ask him some questions about footy but you have to be with bigpond. Evil or Very Mad

DThomas Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:56 pm

Ash10 wrote:
That sucks.
Yeah has he been on the squark this year?I dont usually bother with it

He was on 4 times last year hasn't been on yet this year. Every player in the team gets to come on at least once this season they said.

DThomas Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:25 pm

Latest Blog

Quote:
Life is dogs and footy

Friday 18 July, 2008 - 09:59 by Dale in Default

I’ve finally got my new Bulldog, Missi and she is great with the exception of the damage she has been doing round the house, but that’s part of her being a puppy.

She’s a pretty cool dog. She runs around for half an hour or so then falls asleep, which is when I get to clean up her mess.

Missi also snores, so I was sleep deprived for some of the week It was like I had a 40 year old guy sleeping in the same room, unbelievable!

Speaking of animals a few of the boys and I have sold Royal Riff Raff recently, but I still have my harness racer Village Slickers who has been going well running 4th last week and 2nd this week.

Hopefully Village Slickers can crack it for another win soon, as we have just changed the trainer.

In the other part of my life, footy is going well.

Being able to knock off Sydney and Adelaide in consecutive weeks is no mean feat and in doing so we have snuck up to within two points of the top four.

I have said before a top four finish and two bites of the finals cherry is our regular season goal and we will keep grinding away at that.

I think the heavy track the week before in Sydney took its toll on the boys last week as a few of them were cramping up late in the game against the Crows.

As for the game it was a good win, which I felt we deserved. We were certainly aided by the injury to Brett Burton and, while you never like to see any player get injured, when he went off there was a bit of relief in our camp as he was red hot throughout the game.

This week we have had a short week as we prepare to take on the Kangaroos on Friday night.

The short week simply means we really focus on getting over all of the soreness from last week and have a few more massages than normal.

As for the Kangas, well we have to be wary of them. They are coming off a narrow victory over Port Adelaide and will be fired up to force their way into the eight this week.

It’s always the teams on the edge of the eight who present a big danger because they are scrapping that hard to get in, or stay in the eight or stay that they always have that motivation.

We lost to them earlier in the year in a game we could have won and it’s one of those that could have really cost us so this week we will look to turn that result around.

I think Mick Malthouse puts it best when he says “ninth position is the easiest spot to finish in” and to me there is not much difference between finishing ninth or 16th.

Dale

Kingswood 

//

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:57 pm

Ash10 wrote:
Couldnt get this weeks stats as the AFL site is stuffed,

i love this guy's workrate off the ball..

its really under-appreciated.

great picture thanks
Kingswood 

//

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:29 am

^hahaha i would love to see footage of him on before the game
DThomas Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:02 pm

Ash10 wrote:
Here is also a link to the videos Dale has on his blog that has been put together by a girl on YouTube:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=pSmbVjdv4WM

Also,if you didnt catch Before The Game tonight,Dale was a guest and got this week's Tool Of The Week for the 1st video on his blog.

And he also managed to break his tool award Wink

Girl? I uploaded those videos!
Anyway Daisy was one of the best for the Pies today 11 possies in the first quarter, went quiet later on but still got 21 possies.

DThomas Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:55 pm

Ash10 wrote:
With a name like fluffyduck,I assumed you were a girl!I'm so sorry!

Haha that's alright. It was just some random name that I thought of. If I could change it now I would definately change it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: