Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

General comment

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mich@el Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 1999 10:47 pm
Post subject: General commentReply with quote

After reading an article by Jake Niall, I was impressed by what Malthouse said. I think he was on the money when he said:

"There is not going to be a lot of pressure put on Chris Tarrant because he is such a young player. We've got to be very careful. As I said, we've only got 12 players 25 and above and I would say that most of those will play nearly every game of football, barring injury, because we need them to stand up.''

This seems very different to Shaw's philosophy from last season. It is just what I think needs to happen, our older players being used in conjunction with the young guns.
ZED 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2000 7:49 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

MM knows the young guns need that winning environment to blossom.

[This message has been edited by ZED (edited 31 December 1999).]

foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2000 9:48 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the fact that The Age dedicated their entire back page today to collingwood, and to tonight's match, works to nullify the Herald Sun's opinion that 'nobody cares' about the millenium match. in today's Herald Sun the 'millenium match' was nominated for a 'Proudfoot' award. not only were the awards completely brainless, but the Herald Sun proved it's own hypocrisy on the subject of Collingwood - an hypocrisy so blatantly preached by one Mike Sheahan - by printing a large article on Rhyce Shaw and Collingwood only pages before announcing that 'nobody cared' about the millenium match.

someone down at the Herald Sun editorial office needs to get their head in gear. the entire editorial staff, especially Mr. Sheahan, should either admit their dire hatred for collingwood or stop printing propaganda pertaining to the apparent 'fact' that the magpies are powerless and deserve no respect. both options are desirable in my view. both just excite the traditional Collingwood blood inside me.

what other football club would have an entire page devoted to them in late december - traditionally the time when everyone forgets about football? only Collingwood, the greatest club of all. can't wait to see the pies kill those blues tonight.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: