Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Team Selection v. Hawthorn - Round 1

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nick 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 1999 4:17 pm
Post subject: Team Selection v. Hawthorn - Round 1Reply with quote

Forward: Licuria A.Rocca Lane
Back: Hassall Graham Hay

Half Forward: Wasley Brown Buckley
Half Back: Vandenberg Croad McCabe

Centre: Crosisca Williams McDonald
Taylor Crawford Lekkas

Half Back: Watson Schauble Burns
Half Forward: Lord Holland Chick

Back: Freeborn Venables Richardson
Forward: Harford Thompson Dixon

Followers: S.Rocca Orchard Wild
Salmon Woods Treleven

Interchange from:
Coll: Crow Davis Gardiner Godden Monkhorst Olarenshaw Tarrant
Haw: Barlow Collica Cox Lloyd Obst O'Farrell Robran
davidpr Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 1999 7:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I have reviewed the two teams and noticed a couple of old Collingwood boys in Hassall and Woods lining up for the Hawks. Woods is as courageous as they come and Hassall has tremendous speed and agility (although he sometimes tried to do more than he should have). Why did we let these two boys go?

Mick 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 1999 4:19 am

Alternate line-up (unlike Shawry's close to how they'll appear on the field) :

B Orchard A Rocca Godden

HB Brown Schauble Freeborn

C Olarenshaw Buckley Crosisca

HF Watson Richardson Tarrant

F Lane S Rocca Crow

R Monkhorst Burns Williams

Int Licuria Venebles McDonald Davis

Olarenshaw should be on the field or in the magoos - he left Essendon because they sat him on the bench all the time !
Licuria has shown good form pre-season and deserves his chance.
Orchard & Freeborn played seniors with finals teams last year and slot in nicely.
Davis deserves a chance - he's shown good form not just potential in pre-season - the rookie to pick at the moment.
Does anyone know where Tape & Patterson are ?
Disgaree that Wild is in our best side and the first side of the year will be as close as we get therefore haven't picked him.
What do people think of Wasley ? I reckon he needs at least 4 good consecutive games in the magoos before we elevate him to a spot next to Brownie.
Shame to see Venebles picked ahead of Kinnear & Presty - obviously they haven't stepped up. But given our lack of depth in the height department he will get games earlier than his development at Collingwood.

How many weeks before Walker returns ?
I reckon he needs 6 good seconds games before he's considered - what do the rest of you think ?

Can we win - s$%t yeah !!

Pie no sauce 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 1999 10:05 am

Mick (McGuane?)?
Great peice of draughtmanship mate, your re-ordering looks pretty impressive. Re your questions :
Olarenshaw, hasn't done much from reports I've seen but I do agree.
Licuria & Orchard are goers I reckon (& hope)
Freeborns premiership status is good but so was Scotty's. I've watched a couple of videos of him playing with North, and for us against the Swans, he doesn't inspire but if you buy a merc theres no point in leaving it in the garage.
Davis is another potential champion so everyone is holding their breath.
Wasley has received good write-ups in the preamble games and looked good (albeit briefly) against the Swans.
I agree with your comment on the venerable Venables but he's obviously got a fire in his belly and maybe it's grit content that got the call. Presti is a huge disappointment to me as I really thought he might become a McKernahan type. (I'm still hoping - maybe he's a late maturer.)
I disagree with Walker, I reckon they're keeping him off the hard grounds and out of the first couple of weeks of hyped aggression. He's capable of starring so long as he stands and therefore should star or drop in the firsts only in my opinion.

petro 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 1999 11:22 am

Would you believe that they are both are in the res and Wild is in the seinors.

Mick 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 1999 11:13 am

Pie - I think we are on the same line of thought here.
Still can't believe they dropped Tarrant but played Wild(Shawry's love child) and McDonald(old side theory on this one). Tarrant has performed just ok but surely a better long term prospect than these two.

I must have been watching another game when we played the Swans because I reckon Wasley's man O'Laughlin chopped him to pieces and was the match winner. Also disagree re Lee Walker - I just think we are setting ourselves up for a fall by pinning any hopes at all on him. He's 25, played 16 games (no BOG's but one sensational half against Port we all love to cling to), 4 knee reconstructions, has played about 2 games (practice only) in 2 years - he's gotta be a long way off senior footy doesn't he ?

Finally I do agree with your call about Venables - maybe they see some hardness in him that we haven't had in the side since Ned retired. Lets hope so.

Go Pies !!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: