Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

New Year's Eve

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neil Appleby 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2000 5:01 am
Post subject: New Year's EveReply with quote

Wow.....multi-media, multi-intelligences arrive on the bulletin board!!!
On the same day we got
* "Eddie and The Temple of The Duds"
* "Twin Duds" - the sad drug induced ravings from Sly.
Now this is entertaining!!
I fear you lost most of the happy readers Sly after you got to The Log Woman...but who's complaining?
Now reflecting on the game.
We were probably nuts for playing it but worth the risk I think.
If we'd been even nearly competative it would have continued the optimism that has been palpable since the end of the '99 season.
To play in front of such a large TV audience and play as badly as that was BAD.
That was as bad as I've seen Collingwood play ever.
Now in all the analysis I've read here, we have blamed Eddie(ridiculous), Malthouse(just as stupid),Richardson (maybe), Patterson(well at least he had a go).
What bothers me really is this suspicion I have of my team lacking real heart and a sense of occasion.....we seem over the past 6 or 7 years to have developed this tendency to just lack real competitiveness.
Carlton really embarrassed us the other night.They humiliated the players AND us supporters. When was the last time we humiliated Carlton???
I remember a game at Waverley in the 80's when we pole-axed them but ...wow..in recent memory we've looked insipid against them.
Yes, sure we've had dud teams but the lack of real committment gets to me.
I can't imagine Carlton ever playing so poorly for so long...it wouldn't be tolerated.
I'm sure we're on the right track now and we will build a strong team, but it won't happen in 2000. We should be looking to 2002 and beyond.
Meanwhile, let's hope that the other night was the bottom of the barrel and it's steadily up from here.
It's so important for our young supporters to see something this year...we're loosing much ground against Essendon in the young supporters stakes and a few really gutsy, fighting victories this year would restore some credibility; not to mention us older more cynical members.
I think we've got to just forget the disappointment of last week and be a bit realistic from now on...look for steady improvement....that's not asking for too much is it?????

Sly Leo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2000 7:42 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Neil, if you semi-enjoyed my "Twin Peaks" spur-of-the-moment saga/posting, then I hope you're reading my "Star Wars" Trilogy Parody at: The Collingwood Rant under "Rants" under my section.

Usually, I'd rant about the Team ... but considering this is the off-season, I decided to go with a Star Wars parody. Part One will be going off to the Archives Wednesday night (the 5th) ... making way for Part Two.

So I hope you enjoy that and find it neither sad or drug-induced!

:-)

------------------
Sly LeKoupa.
The Last Remaining Bad Guy.
The Collingwood Rant.

The Unofficial AFL Ranting Board.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: