Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Fantasy Commentary ...

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sly Leo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2000 9:08 pm
Post subject: Fantasy Commentary ...Reply with quote

When one and all used to go to school (I assume we all did, although I left to pursue a pool-career), did anybody ever perform the creative exercise of starting a story then passing it off to somebody else to continue and so on?

Anyway, I thought it would be a good idea for a Fantasy Match and let whoever wants to pick up the match.

So I'll start (if anybody's interested).

Bruce McAvaney: "Welcome to a new century and a new millennium! I'm sure we'll have an exciting century of AFL coming up - something very special. And what a way to start it off - Collingwood versus Essendon in the traditional ANZAC Day Clash at the MCG!"
Ian Robertson: "It certainly is a great way to kick off 1999, Bruce."
McAvaney: "That's 2000, Robbo."
Robertson (laughs inanely): "I'm sorry! I'd forget my head if it weren't screwed on!"
McAvaney: "Well I don't know about your head but you've certainly forgotten your hairpiece, Robbo."
McAvaney: "This ground is filled to capacity! We could have a lock-out here, Robbo, and when you think of that not only is it very speeecciaaaal but there's enough people here to lock-out two Colonial Stadiums and three Optus Ovals!"
Robertson: "Optus is a great ground, Bruce! Great tradition in suburbia. Great facilities."
McAvaney: "And if there were an iota of truth in that, Robbo, we'd still be playing games at Moorabbin. And now we have a very speeeeeeciaaaaaaaal surprise guest in Tony Shaw - and that is a surprise because he doesn't even have a job here."
Tony Shaw: "Gimme a job! I had a dip! I applied for all the jobs out there last year but nobody wants to give me one!"
McAvaney: "And that truly is a very speeeeeeeeeciaaaaaaaaaal plea from ex Magpie supremo Tony Shaw."
Robertson: "Get out of here, Tony, you loser."

[sound of a scuffle]

McAvaney: "And we have a scuffle here! A scuffle before the first siren and it's not even out on the ground. And here are security and they've taken the offender away. Goodbye, Robbo. Haven't they done a speeeciaaal job here tonight?"

(Sound of a siren).

McAvaney: "And there's the first bounce! Richardson against Alessio - Richardson takes an awkward bounce out of the ruck, blind-turns, takes a bounce ..."
Shaw: "Go Richo!"
McAvaney: "Richardson taking on Dean Wallis - two great centurians of the game - and he's sidestepped him! Richo taking another bounce, he takes another bounce, Richo's on fire! he is! he kicks ...!"

(And here's where somebody else can take over the fantasy!)

------------------
Sly LeKoupa.
The Last Remaining Bad Guy.
The Collingwood Rant.
The Unofficial AFL Ranting Board.
GeorgeQ 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2000 7:10 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

.... it's off the side of his boot and is gathered by Patterson

(Camera Man) "Can't kick, can't play, what a dud"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: