Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

waving the towels,,,

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pie no sauce 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2000 1:59 pm
Post subject: waving the towels,,,Reply with quote

I've seen replays of some of HSV7's matches around the 60's, leftovers of when they used to show the last quarter live. Whenever collingwood were charging back at the opposition, one trainer would wave a towel at the members stand to trigger the pies fans vocal support.

Fantastic, hair tingling stuff.

The absolute thrashing we received from Carlton isn't any reason for throwing in the towel though I sense most of my fellow BB'ers are a bit shocked and disheartened.

As a result I reckon we should come up with a list of things which everyone can do. I alluded to this a few posts ago in "the hard road ahead" but if serious, it doesn't go much further usually as the BB is more for "chat" than action items.

It is always hard to start something so don't laugh at the simplicity, but I've drafted a few thoughts to kick it off. Please add more if you think of ANY idea and I'll keep the list updated if it goes anywhere.
((The rationale behind this is that a lot of people just do not know of some very easily accomplished actions, which when multiplied by 44,000 fans, could conceivably make quite a large difference - we're all shareholders of the mighty CFC)).

Pie no sauce 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2000 2:01 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

ooops, i forgot the list,,,

Immediate $ contributing actions

 Become a paying member
 purchase merchandise from CFC and not the AFL.
 don't miss any games but if you have to miss an away game.
 etc,, can anyone add any more

Club issues

 problems with the membership renewals are disgraceful, monitor progress
 web-site dysfunction is also disgraceful, monitor progress, $ being lost via e-commerce
 direct contact with the president via Nick and Hotrod – weekly wrap up of +ve progress
 etc,, can anyone add any more

Club Pride

 every player should be supported, even the ones who – you know who I mean.
 Turn up at training if you can ? contribute reports to Nick and Hotrod’s BB’s
 etc,,

Lozza 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2000 6:46 am

PNS,

Great idea. I like the part about multiplying by 44,000 fans. Sounds dangerous and exciting. I think if we all get together (passionate as we are) we can make some real noise. Keep it up!!!

P.S Refer to my post in "Great job unofficial Cheer Squad".

------------------
Long Live Collingwood!!!

NT - Pie 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2000 11:24 am

Great thoughts...I think a priority for the club is to fix its membership department, all I hear are bad stories. Other clubs seem to value their members more (Christmas&Birthday Cards etc....) I also have a suggestion about a membership drive before Chrissy each year, especially targeted at women to buy memberships at Chrissy pressies for hubby (please don't think I am sexist but majority of supporters are men). Maybe these could be advertised in womens magazines etc...The joining up process should be simpple, simple simple...like a magazine subscription...The whole retail sector advertises before Chrissy, why not the Pies...and more nationally. The Pies believe it or not have very large support in Darwin, including the aboriginal community.
Dazza G 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2000 2:58 am

I agree with your comments regarding membership, it's not so much the xmas/birthday cards, but as you said to value the members. I live 2 hours out of Adelaide and only get to go to a game on the odd occasion, i have noticed that most of the membership packages do not cater for interstate supporters. For example a friend of mine is a member of hawthorn and he is allowed to go to 5 home games a year. At the outside he might get to 1 game if any, now i know this seems like a little thing but when you have to save around $300-$500 to get to a game it's nice to think that you can get at least 1 ticket with your membership, also a lot of the other clubs make the club newsletter as a standard for interstate members, as in many cases this is the most you get to hear about the club for a long time, as most of the local media cater for Adelaide & Port Adelaide, it is not like Melbourne where you can at least read news stories about other teams, so what i am saying is that i'm not sure if enough research is done as to members needs/wants as well, there are a lot of "supporters" here who aren't members because there's nothing in it for them, it's lame i know but that's the way some people are

------------------

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: