Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Great job unoffical cheer squad

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
michy 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2000 12:42 pm
Post subject: Great job unoffical cheer squadReply with quote

Just like to congradulate the unoffical Collingwood cheer squad for a great job on fridays match.A most entertaining scene but yet full of passion.When the game got boring all u had to do was watch them sing Nth Melb. club song and take the crap out of the carlton cheer squad.Also much better then the offical collingwood cheer squad.Well done on a great job.

I also agree that we will lose some young supporters if we play like this but don't worry I won't ever ditch u guys or Rups.

49 till I die
Go Rups
Go Pies
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2000 6:28 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, they were ok. but there was nowhere near enough collingwood people behind the goals. usually we fill up that entire section, or aisle or bay or whatever you call it. i was sitting about 10 rows behind the cheer squad with the big no.16 on my back of course.
Pie no sauce 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2000 8:54 am

Good on you as well Michy, this is exactly the sort of support and encouragement we need on the long hard road ahead.

Magpie Gal 19 Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2000 8:13 am

The Millenium game was very disapointing but looking at the unofficial cheer squad, they really didn't care. Well done its about time we had some old fashioned supporters who after abusing the opposition players for half the game' turn on the Carlton cheer squad, well done to Christian, Joffa, Phil, Dazza and the boys. Keep on abusing in 2000
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2000 6:29 am

To the official cheersquad (no offence juniour Beazley) but when are youz gonna just give up or start taking some tips from us. It is quite clear to the football public that we kick your arses every week, in fact it has been quite obvious for a while! Which cheersquad did Tony Shaw bring the team down to at the Pies/Saints win at Waverley? Which cheersquads members featured on Live and Kicking several times?
And generally, who is featured on TV, in newspapers, turns up at trainng more and are more well known by all down at Magpieland???
Let me help you official guys out a little bit perhaps - offer free beers to anyone stupid enough to sign up with the official
- get rid of the blasted floggers coz they really do make it look like you're flogging
- actually hold opposition bagging and swearing competitions instead of trying to ban it

see youz at the next game and remember "we can't hear the cheersquad sing ohohohohoh"

Lozza 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2000 6:38 am

I agree with you Magpie Gal 19. It's good to see that there are still some Black 'n' White hooligans out there. Maybe they should go on a recruiting spree and become real notorious. That would be great to see and at the same time stick it up everbody's arse.

I think you guys might be on to something here (whoever you are). Maybe if you are a little bit more diligent in your recruiting process and actually establish a criteria eg: ex-cons, metal heads, thugs, EXTREMELY ONE-EYED Collingwood supporters, tattoo of a Magpie on the heart, satanic tendencies, shaved heads etc etc then you could be known as the Infamous Collingwood Supporters Cult (ICSC) and even start producing T-shirts and other merchandise. I think the name `Unofficial Collingwood Cheer Squad' needs to go because it just sounds a little bit too poofy for me and lacks any real toughness.

I know there are quite a few Collingwood supporters out there who fit some of the criteria above so it would be great to get together on match day and really get this thing happening.

Ok, maybe I was a little bit extreme on the criteria and we don't have to use the world 'cult' in the title but I'm sure you get the idea.

Anyway this is just a thought that I had and if anyone would like to take this further let me know. I have a bit of a knack for selling and marketing and together we could make this the most NOTORIOUS and INFAMOUS supporters group of any kind in Australia.

------------------
Long Live Collingwood!!!

Neil Appleby 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2000 7:02 am

Sorry Lozza,
Your head's still there but it sounds like your brain has taken a holiday.
"Unofficial Cheer Squad" sounds too poofy??
What do you mean?
It was known as the Outer Cheer Squad when I sat with them 35 years ago, but yeah a new name wouldn't hurt.
As for having a group of thugs bringing us BAD publicity and generally being dickheads I think we've already got more than our share of them.
English soccer is only just recovering from the years of bad publicity and hoony violence associated with morons calling themselves fans.
Actually I think joining The Moonies would be an excellent career move!(Just kidding Lozza)

the pie that shagged me 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2000 9:21 am

Hey, I easily agree with Neil, Lozza, what the hell are you doing? I know there are tinges of sarcasm there and it's easy to laugh...but Christ, one minute I'm reading about how our marketing strategy needs an overhaul, including the securing of women into our membership, the next i'm reading that we need Hitler in as Publicity chief.

Now I can testify to some of the girlies I see at the footy in B and W to be hardly feminine,(I'd still try my luck though as they're still pie supporters...), but starting the direct problem as to why we have not had the greatest success recently is to no more than the fact that we have not evolutionised in the past 10 years to half the extent that most of the other clubs have.

Not that this would stop my justification for smashing one of my mates' head in if he even started to heckle my Pies,

But Lozza, I love ya anyway because the goal is common, but champion, let's not reinforce out current misery by alienating the very people who have the means to which we can conquer this mountain for the 15th time and stay there.

Lozza 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2000 4:27 pm

Take it easy lads, I was just kidding!

The tattoo can be on any part of the body!!!

------------------
Long Live Collingwood!!!

Magpie Gal 19 Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2000 6:04 pm

Hey Neil. I was just wondering if u sit with the unoffical cheer squd now?

Sorry everyone that other message under my name in this topic was just a friend of mine. But this is the real Magpie Gal 19.

Nick Davis kicks ass!!!!!!!!!!!

ney spidergal. I know we kick ass well kick the offical's ass in. Can't wait till season 2000 offical starts!!!!!!!!!
Pie no sauce 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2000 7:35 am

Pardon my ignorance but why are there 2 cheer squads
- "official cheer squad" and,
- "unofficial cheer squad".

From the spidergirl comment it sounds as though there is competition verging on animosity between the two groups, which is the last thing we would want. What's the real deal here ?

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2000 6:06 pm

there are two cheersquads coz basically the official one has rules and our unofficial one doesn't plus the official one compared with the unofficial hardly do any cheering etc etc.
Yeah we are mates with some of the official but we also are like their enemies so there is quite a bit of competition going on off the field as well.

Neil Appleby 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2000 5:54 am

PNS, There have always been 2 cheer squads an Official Cheer Squad and The Outer Cheer Squad.
The outer has no rules etc and is not answerable to anyone.
Richard Stremsky may know more about this and could help out here.
Probably the unofficial was an offshoot in the early days.
Actually Rana McGoldrick would know all about this; she's the only person who I still see at the footy from those dim dark days of the 60s.
Anyway the official must behave, make the run through and are the public face and voice preferred by Collingwood.
The unofficial has always been more 'blue collar' and more fun.
Dare I suggest that Foxy would definitely not sit with them!

Magpie Gal 19 Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2000 10:32 am

Hi my name is Christian Creedy, you all might remember me from live and kicking, and Iam also Co leader of the Unoffical cheer squad. I thought i would use my girlfiends computer to get a couple of things straight. 1. To Neil Appleby the the outer cheer squad is a totally different cheer squad than us, they sit in the ponsford stand while we sit in the Southern Stand, we took the name UNOFFICAL 3 years ago because they were'nt using it, even though they were'nt happy about it we are now well known around the whole Country as the Unoffical.2. Lozza I firmly beleive that you have problem, The Unoffical Cheer Squad is a non profit cheer squad and we are there to have fun. I do sell some T-shirts and caps to members only.3. It costs nothing to become a member, but you must use your voice, if you would like to be a member ring me on 0411703948 or write to-
Christian Creedy
12 Nestle Retreat
Brewick 3806
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2000 11:30 am

neil? why wouldn't i sit with the unofficial cheer squad? ahhhh!!! i sit right behind them all the time!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: