Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

TARRANT WALKS OUT...

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
grrrrll 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2000 12:55 pm
Post subject: TARRANT WALKS OUT...Reply with quote

G'day ppls - Channel 10 news just announced that Chris Tarrant has kinda left, and intends to take a 12 mth - extended break for AFL footy. Wants to go surfing around Australia. Balmey just responded by saying they'd at least given him a week off training, and told him to go home to Mildura and sort out what he wants.

Wally 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2000 1:35 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

i feel sick...i'm going to wake up soon and it will be dec 29th

I@n S 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2000 7:04 pm

Yeah I've just seen the same report
There has always been a curse on Collingwood when you look at history you will see it. All the times we have been in Grand Finals and lost them when we should have won.
I realy liked Tarrant but now I feel diferently. This just shows how much he thinks of collingwood. He wants to go surfing arownd Australia. Then he should do it when ****ing summer starts. I'm sure there is plenty of time to surf before pre-season stars each year.
!!!!!GOD DAMN CURSE ON COLLINGWOOD!!!!!
grrrrll 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2000 7:05 pm

Tone - lets hope Channel 7 were right!!
The Channel ten newsreader did mention that the club is still trying to talk him round, but said something like "but Channel 10 staff are convinced his mind is made up already". So maybe the 10 sports team know something, that everyone else doesn't.. (???)

^*Cl|T*^ 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2000 8:37 pm

Hey all,
I was so disappointed when i heard the channel seven headlines at half five i think, when all it said was another rising pie flys the coup. I immediately thought of tarrant (Hadn't resigned yet). Went to afl news page where it had nothing on the matter then went to this site which understandably had nothing also. I turned the channel to 10 to catch the sport and my fears were confirmed.
Very disappointing, I would like to know his story. I actually went to school with him in Mildura before he left to play for the Pioneers in the under 18 competition, and have seen him strive to play AFL since juniors. Spoke to him at the Copeland and he assured me that although he hadnt resigned that he would definitely be around the joint next year.
The only explanation i can think of is that he doesn't like the way Mick Malthouse runs the place (Ironically, Insiders had told me, Mick and the weagles were the ones that showed the most interest in him prior to the 1997 national draft). Money; Hmm i don't think so, he was offered a hefty amount. If he wanted a new club wouldnt he have told Collingwood and entered himself in either draft.
If his story of 12 months on a surfing holiday is true i hope Collingwood are able to get a decent contract sorted out so he can play in following years. But then again does Collingwood need players who can't commit themselves (Kinnear)? Otherwise i guess he enters the draft next year. The way we played on new years eve and without his services we may be a chance (putting aside next years under 18 talent) of selecting him at No. 1.
Anyway hope all turns out well for us anyway.
michy 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2000 12:42 pm

Don't worry , i'm sure he will come to his senses he just needs time to figure out his life situation, you can't blame him I'm mean his young and who doesn't want to go around the world at his age.If the pies are confident that he'll be back so should we cause they know him better then us.But I do feel as though he's a bit of a wanker for just walking out like that.

CHRIS, please don't leave we so need u and ur looks you're one of our pin-up boys don't leave.

michy
GO RUPS
GO PIES
49 TILL I DIE
^*Cl|T*^ 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2000 7:08 pm

hmmm Tarrant was a Geelong supporter, the surf there is a lot better than down carringbush way. LOL. Then again its a lot better in Sydney, Perth, or Brisbane. If u would like to believe it or not the local Mildura paper (Sunraysia Daily) that looks a lot like a 3 page rag each day had a story on Tarrant and it said that a close family friend had informed them that the whole story was blown way outta proportion. So we can take hope from that even though its probably far from reliable
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: