Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Latest UFO video. Convinced? What is going on?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How do you account for UFO reports?
Extraterrestrial phenomena
57%
 57%  [ 4 ]
Cooked up by governments for dark national security purposes
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Heavenly signs and wonders referred to in the Bible
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Products of fertile SciFi imaginations
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Other (please tell us)
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:03 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

JacJacJacqui wrote:
Don't you think it's pretty naive to think that we are the only planet in the entire universe that harbours life? Not the solar system, the UNIVERSE. We don't even know how far the universe stretches because we are not technologically advanced enough to know. What are the chances that somewhere out there, there is a planet of similar substance to ours, approximately the same distance from a large star much like the sun, has a moon or two or four, that harbours water and life (whether a single-cellular organism, a human-like organism, a dinasaur-like organism, a fish, a tree...)? Pretty good I reckon. It's just a matter of whether they are advanced enough to have reached us yet. They could be wondering just like we are. Just a thought..

Oh, I don't disagree with that at all.

My criticism is that a) people seem to assume that if aliens exist they must be not only as developed as us, but super-advanced b) that aliens always seem to look really humanoid (you know, two legs, two arms etc), and c) that if such a developed species really did exist, that they'd somehow make it all the way over here to float around and then zoom off again every few years.

The guy says that it's not computer graphics... well, sorry, but in this day and age, anything is able to be created on video. Even if the video isn't faked, it could possibly be, as Omar points out, some kind of weapons test or something.

I also think the source of this story is worth noting - The Sun newspaper, aka the biggest tabloid in the known universe. What's the odds they just made this up?

I don't deny that the possibility is there, but I choose to remain highly skeptical.

jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:47 am

magpie greg wrote:
Does anyone remember the Westall High School UFO sighting in 1966 in Clayton that was hushed up?

Lots of students saw a UFO land on a paddock behind the school.

No Greg, tell us more. Shocked
optimax 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:02 am

JacJacJacqui wrote:
I would have liked to have answered a and b because I think it some sightings are legitimate whilst some are government cover-ups of new top secret warcraft testing..

I believe because I've seen something wierd and I have no other explanation. And, as you might know, I'm usually pretty cynical and a bit sceptical of a lot of things so it's unlike me to believe easily..

alot of the "Area 51" sightings are just man made craft being tested by skunk works (lockheed martins top secret development unit), alot of the crazy triangle shape crafts flying with a tale were just the B2, F-117, and SR-71 being tested.

I do think most sighting are of real craft not some crazy lying, but im not convinced Aliens have visted us that doesnt make any sense to me come millions of Kms to leave when we see them?

I do think its impossible we are the only intelligent life in the universe though

JacJacJacqui Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:07 pm

optimax wrote:
doesnt make any sense to me come millions of Kms to leave when we see them?

Humans have been trying to get to other planets to look for life for ages. When we find it, are the astronauts going to get out of their spaceship and say "Hey how's it goin? We're from a little planet called 'Earth' about 150,000 light years away, I guess that makes us neighbours, neighbour!!". I doubt it, you don't know how these beings are going to react, whether they will take your friendly advance as a threat. Same thing. Maybe they see us and go back to their planet to report that they have indeed found life and this is what we look like and so on, so that they can work out the best way of communicating with us without us retaliating to a suspected attack. Or perhaps they take back information to figure out the best way to attack, if that is what they planned to do. Who knows, there are so many 'what ifs'..

Pirate skulls and bones
Sticks and stones and weed and bombs
Running when we hit 'em
Lethal poison through their system
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:33 pm

jack_spain wrote:
magpie greg wrote:
Does anyone remember the Westall High School UFO sighting in 1966 in Clayton that was hushed up?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westall_High_School_UFO
http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2005/10/01/1127804696941.html
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,18735844-1243,00.html
http://www.ufoevidence.org/Cases/CaseSubarticle.asp?ID=895
JacJacJacqui Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:01 pm

Thanks, should make for an interesting read..

Pirate skulls and bones
Running when we hit 'em
JacJacJacqui Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:08 pm

"Australian Skeptics described the object as potentially having been an experimental military aircraft."

Over Westall? As if..

Pirate skulls and bones
Running when we hit 'em
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:25 pm

Joel wrote:
jack_spain wrote:
magpie greg wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westall_High_School_UFO
http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2005/10/01/1127804696941.html
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,18735844-1243,00.html
http://www.ufoevidence.org/Cases/CaseSubarticle.asp?ID=895

Thanks Joel. As I said I've really got no idea what's going on. I am naturally skeptical, but there seems to be too much contradictory evidence to suggest either a conspiracy or purely human involvement. One of the more remarkable interpretations I heard was years ago at uni. It was a talk at a Christian Union meeting by a bible scholar who said he thought these phenomena were indeed real and extraterrestrial, but that they were spiritual entities. Intriguing, and if you accept his interpretation of the bible (which I don't), then it is an answer no less plausible than most of the others. We have to be open minded whilst not being stupid. Confused
Kingsofclutch 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:14 pm

Western occultists call them elemental beings and liken them to Nature's automatons, they believe all religions ultimately stem from interactions with these beings who are indigenous (not extraterrestrial) to Earth but vibrate at a different frequency to physical matter, ie: it's an interdimensional phenomena which actually explains quite a bit if true.

They are not more advanced than us but their consciousness is so exotic they may as well be, having no physical form per se they tend to take their appearance from our collective subconscious, hence they were seen as Elves Fairy's Sprites etc back in the days when the forest was the great unknown but more likely to be seen as aliens now that interstellar space is the vast void, but someone especially spiritual is just as likely to see a religious icon they identify with. Many UFO hotspots tend to be along or near fault lines where electromagnetic forces are stronger and perhaps those conditions offer a point of entry for their craft. Many ancient religious sites also fit this profile.

Their crafts appear to phase through our matter, for instance in the famous USS Nimitz Tic Tac incident the craft in the video they released is clocked at 500 MPH underwater, our fastest submarine does 50 MPH because long before you get to 500 MPH the water would be a brick wall no craft could navigate or survive, and I can't stress that enough, what is on that video is completely impossible given our physics, it can't possibly be interacting with our physical matter. This phasing explains the exotic flight characteristics (ie: not impeded by air or water molecules) but also explains why the phenomena is so elusive, coming from another dimension it's like trying to catch gossamer, it's not 'real' in the way we understand real. After 70 years of reverse engineering they have got nowhere with the tech either, the metal the crafts are made from is so pure it doesn't register on our periodic table of elements and must be indigenous to their dimension.

Sharing Earth albeit in a different dimension they appear to be intimately interested in anything that affects the environment (especially nukes) so I can only assume we are torching their environment as much as our own. When eye witnesses who have made contact come forward it's almost always to say they bring a message of warning in regards to the environment. We should probably heed that warning but we're dumb as dog shit on the subject. Be hilarious if we were the ones attacking aliens all this time without knowing it. Laughing

Footnote: A common argument levelled against ufologists and the stories of recovered crafts has been how to explain vastly advanced extraterrestrials that seemingly traverse millions of light years with ease only to crash into a mountain on Earth like a teenager stealing Dad's car. But an unfamiliar difficult environment like another dimension would be akin to us exploring space or the deepest part of the ocean, accidents happen in extreme environments no matter your level of tech.

Last edited by Kingsofclutch on Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:47 am; edited 6 times in total
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:07 pm

Well that's a different take on things. Shocked
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:16 pm

Houston, I think we've found extraterrestrial life Wink
Kingsofclutch 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:30 pm

David wrote:
Houston, I think we've found interdimensional life Wink

Fixed that for ya. Laughing

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:27 am

Wow that’s a bump and a half!

Anyone who thinks we are the only living beings in The universe is mad, this couldn’t not have all been created, invented, bigbanged just for us surely. There has to be a smarter bunch of creatures somewhere!

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2023 12:44 pm

David wrote:
Houston, I think we've found extraterrestrial life Wink

Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: