Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Cousins DRUG FREE In His First Drug Test

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:31 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Podpicken wrote:
imagine if we have simply put up a smokescreen.

Quote:
Sponsors have emerged as a key consideration for any club interested in Cousins. Sponsor concern was understood to have been a factor in Collingwood's decision to quit the race for the former Eagles skipper.
http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/saints-lions-will-consult-sponsors-if-cousins-cleared-to-play/2008/11/16/1226770258003.html

sponsor concern we needed to follow a youth policy?

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:50 pm

jmcp wrote:
Podpicken wrote:
imagine if we have simply put up a smokescreen.

Quote:
Sponsors have emerged as a key consideration for any club interested in Cousins. Sponsor concern was understood to have been a factor in Collingwood's decision to quit the race for the former Eagles skipper.
http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/saints-lions-will-consult-sponsors-if-cousins-cleared-to-play/2008/11/16/1226770258003.html

sponsor concern we needed to follow a youth policy?

Are we going to be sponsored by Huggies or Toy World in the near future then? Razz Twisted Evil Cool
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:03 pm

Lazza wrote:
skaman wrote:
I really hope this one dosnt come back to bite us on the arse. I for one want more info, and hope it solely (the decision to not draft him), wasnt solely based on his age or for any perceived loss of sponsors.

I want a winning football team with footballers doing their stuff, not footballers lives. I couldnt give a stuff if in their spare time they are dancing with the stars or Les Girls for that matter. Get whats right for the team. What we need at a specific time, a friggen gun midfielder. I reckon that time is now. Get back after him and lets get back to winning! Were big enough and strong enough to ride any bumps that may eventuate. Hell other teams seem to think they are in that category. Why arnt we. Time to harden the #*@k up and grab our chance!

Sorry bout the rant but Im frustrated. Love the way we are going about our youth policy and love all the Pie kids, but we need some maturity there and blokes like Cuz come around every ? ,how many years?. Ready made and would slot in brilliantly. Ive played out all the scenarios in my head, but unless I hear something new or different about the situation, I reckon we are CRAZY not to get him.

Have said this all along and got flamed for here it as well. FWIW, I couldn't agree with you more mate. But what can a mere loyal supporter do when the club brand is apparently and supposedly far more important than winning flags these days?...... Rolling Eyes Shocked Sad

And to rub salt into the wound,I saw the Saints and big whoosh Riewoldt on tele tonight,rubbing their hands with glee,at getting Cousins.They were happy as pigs in shit,very excited.We will rue the day we passed him up,I fear..SIGH Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Mad Embarassed

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
fence-banger Aries

Zito Kypro

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:26 pm

swooper wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
And to the anti cousins clique on here,tell me this please: How the hell are we going to look when the Saints kick our arse,and Benny boots five goals against us,in a dominant display??Yep,like the bunch of fools we(the Board)are,yet again,and a laughing stock of football.De Ja Vu tony lockett.

Arent you jumping the gun a bit here? Do you not have any faith in our current group of players to beat the Aints? Rolling Eyes

^ Well ..... not going by the last time we met Wink

Last edited by fence-banger on Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
fence-banger Aries

Zito Kypro

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:44 pm

Are we suggesting that Ben cheated, that it wasn't his specimen?

That the testing was flawed or fell short in some way?

That he'd be no value to us?

Worthy reasons ...... or just Desperate excuses Rolling Eyes

skaman Taurus

One step beyond.......

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:31 am

What would you rather see winning?

Our McDonalds and Lexus' out advertising (* insert St.Kildas sponsors & advertising??). Hell no, couldnt give a shit. Dont drive a Lexus, quaff the odd Mickey D burger occassionally ,sure.

Sponsors will and do come and go (as long a you have the right product, /vehicle to promote them. We do and will always be strong in that dept.

I want a player. Ready made in this case. Best available. Ready to bust his balls, given the opportunity. Silky disposal, lace out to our hungry forwards. Leadership / experience qualities for our up and comers. The guy has a good 3 years in him. Is highly proffesssional on the football field and will teach our next crop in that time till they are ready to take the next step. Not only this, he is on our doorstep ffs. Surely with all the different depts our football club has, we have the knowhow and measures to look after any off field indescesions (may they occur). If thats the case, see ya later. Have to have some balls in this one. I want Ed or one of heirarchy to come out and tell the football world and the Pie faithful that we are prepared to take the chance on a true champion of our game. Do Collingwood proud or perish. I cant see the latter happening, and thats what scares me. He'll end up at some other club and absolutely fire. I reckon he's about 95% sure to do this. His position and his skills are enough ,I reckon to take us up to the next required level, a REAL shake at the finals, such would be his influence. One only has to look at Judd and see the difference he has made to the Scum.

I dont want numerous text mesages from Perty for me to vote for Licca in dancing with the stars. Thats chunder material to me. Im sick to death of this and that off field ravings and who's rogering who , or who's had one too many. Sick to death of what pub we have purchased, or what business is doing well .I want to see black and white footballers, not getting chaffing from dancing cha-cha to the Spanish flea. I want the best FOOTBALLERS busting their guts on the paddock for the Collingwood Club and the faithful...us. Is that too much to ask, or am I mising something?

Its alright to discuss the pros and cons of maybe getting a Brown from the paupers, that is only ever going to be fair to middling, at best. Actually, its not. Well, it would be if nothing else is available! but heres one of the most talented / dominant players in the last decade, almost served to us on a platter , waiting for us to give us the ok. To be coached by someone he respects and a mentor, in MM.and we say NO????? due to age and sponsors?? I still cant fathom this , sorry, but thats not winning mentality. I would rather lose sponsors ( not that I think it would happen anyway), go belly up financially (hey the other clubs get AFL survival handouts, why not us for a change. Let some other team prop us up for once.!!!) and have a talented winning football team capable of bringing home the big one.

Im still not convinced Collingwood. Tell me some more information or reconsider...please!

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:21 am

skaman wrote:
What would you rather see winning?

Our McDonalds and Lexus' out advertising (* insert St.Kildas sponsors & advertising??). Hell no, couldnt give a shit. Dont drive a Lexus, quaff the odd Mickey D burger occassionally ,sure.

Sponsors will and do come and go (as long a you have the right product, /vehicle to promote them. We do and will always be strong in that dept.

I want a player. Ready made in this case. Best available. Ready to bust his balls, given the opportunity. Silky disposal, lace out to our hungry forwards. Leadership / experience qualities for our up and comers. The guy has a good 3 years in him. Is highly proffesssional on the football field and will teach our next crop in that time till they are ready to take the next step. Not only this, he is on our doorstep ffs. Surely with all the different depts our football club has, we have the knowhow and measures to look after any off field indescesions (may they occur). If thats the case, see ya later. Have to have some balls in this one. I want Ed or one of heirarchy to come out and tell the football world and the Pie faithful that we are prepared to take the chance on a true champion of our game. Do Collingwood proud or perish. I cant see the latter happening, and thats what scares me. He'll end up at some other club and absolutely fire. I reckon he's about 95% sure to do this. His position and his skills are enough ,I reckon to take us up to the next required level, a REAL shake at the finals, such would be his influence. One only has to look at Judd and see the difference he has made to the Scum.

I dont want numerous text mesages from Perty for me to vote for Licca in dancing with the stars. Thats chunder material to me. Im sick to death of this and that off field ravings and who's rogering who , or who's had one too many. Sick to death of what pub we have purchased, or what business is doing well .I want to see black and white footballers, not getting chaffing from dancing cha-cha to the Spanish flea. I want the best FOOTBALLERS busting their guts on the paddock for the Collingwood Club and the faithful...us. Is that too much to ask, or am I mising something?

Its alright to discuss the pros and cons of maybe getting a Brown from the paupers, that is only ever going to be fair to middling, at best. Actually, its not. Well, it would be if nothing else is available! but heres one of the most talented / dominant players in the last decade, almost served to us on a platter , waiting for us to give us the ok. To be coached by someone he respects and a mentor, in MM.and we say NO????? due to age and sponsors?? I still cant fathom this , sorry, but thats not winning mentality. I would rather lose sponsors ( not that I think it would happen anyway), go belly up financially (hey the other clubs get AFL survival handouts, why not us for a change. Let some other team prop us up for once.!!!) and have a talented winning football team capable of bringing home the big one.

Im still not convinced Collingwood. Tell me some more information or reconsider...please!

Spot on,could not have put it better meself.Best post i have seen on why we need,and must get,Cousins. Exclamation Exclamation Wink

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:05 am

Lions now say no and Saints are having second thoughts and may not pick up Cousins. Cousins will be approved to play AFL but we could have the situation where no club will take him. The negativity that sorrounds picking up Cousins with young teams is creating an issue with parents, spouses, & siblings of players and player managers. Now Sponsors are voicing their concern.
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:12 am

i'd rather not ever see us rely on handouts. those clubs are only one 'no' away from oblivion.
The Collingwood Turtle Libra

Side by Side, through good times & bad

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:17 am

Just watch the scum from VI$Y Price Fixer Park swoop and take Cuz.

They have 5 senior list spots available and can take Cuz with pick 6 in the PSD before the Saints & Lions.

What's the bet their A grade midfield tears us a new cakehole again in 2009 Crying or Very sad whilst MM's Lleyland Brothers game plan gets to a "credible " 6th spot once again.

Last edited by The Collingwood Turtle on Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:20 am

The Collingwood Turtle wrote:
Just watch the scum from VI$Y Price Fixer Park swoop and take Cuz.

They have 5 senior list spots available and can take Cuz will pick 6 in the PSD before the Saints & Lions.

What's the bet their A grade midfield tears us a new cakehole again in 2009 Crying or Very sad whilst MM's Lleyland Brothers game plan gets to a "credible " 6th spot once again.
Judd will say it's him or me you can't have both.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:32 am

Juda$ puts $$$'s and flags ahead of any morals.

He proved that by going to VI$Y Price Fixer Park ahead of his childhood club the Dees.

Carlton have always drafted for now to win flags and won't worry about "brand" damage.

Just look at the crooks they've had as Presidents !
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:43 am

All the clubs are back peddling now as we are starting to see excuses why clubs have said no, http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,24666523-5012432,00.html

This is just the start. Cousins still may have no home. Even the scum will say no. St Kilda may still as they love Losers down there. Gardner & Cousins back together at the Rebels HQ could be a news headline soon.
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:44 am

^ to be fair you wouldn't be saying that if judd was in black and white.

you can't blame judd for wanting to go to a club that has a greater probability of playing finals and obtaining a flag. isn't that what playing footy's about?

and as a sound business decision you'd need your head read to be joining melbourne.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:53 am

jmcp wrote:
^ to be fair you wouldn't be saying that if judd was in black and white.

you can't blame judd for wanting to go to a club that has a greater probability of playing finals and obtaining a flag. isn't that what playing footy's about?

and as a sound business decision you'd need your head read to be joining melbourne.

I hear what you're saying but there is a perception that Juda$ is some sort of great moralistic demi-god and is a perfect citizen.

His morals obviously stop when it come to taking money outside of the salary cap.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5   

Jump to: