Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

membership

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NT - Pie 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2000 5:37 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again a fine example of Collingwoods membership department. Eddie may have the corporate touch but maybe the club is losing touch with its people. First step should be to sack the idiot who is running(ruining) our memberships or revamp the section. What about Leon KIng though what an exciting find!!!
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2000 8:53 am

Don't worry, Greg. I'm sure the raffle tickets are coming !
As for the Ansett Cup ... Well, I only attended one of the Cup games, that debacle on New Years' Eve. At that stage I didn't have my badge or season ticket (and I paid in November, too). And to be fair to the Club (I know its hard sometimes) they were accepting last year's Season Ticket for discount. I don't know if that applied at the other games. The membership department certainly stuffed up big time this year but I'm pleased to say I got my ticket in time for the real season. And I was delighted with the seats they gave me. N11 for home games at the MCG !!! And seats on the wing at Colonoscopy. All for the amazingly low price of $495. I better be careful some chardonnay-sipping corporate doesn't spill wine all over my duffle coat.
Actually I've been visiting the site of Liverpool FC and I was appalled at the prices they slug their fans. A season ticket in the Kop stand (i.e. the "cheap" seats) costs 320 pounds. That's actually close to a grand in our money. No doubt Manchester United would be a similar price. So all that talk about making Collingwood the Manchester United of the AFL simply means that they're going to charge more for tickets. Great. I love it. Exploit me. Exploit me. I like it.

Excuse me, I've gotta go and lie down on my bed of nails for a while.

------------------
**floreat pica**

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2000 2:29 pm

well i got my memberships on time but i wonder about those free hats we are supposed to be getting. No big loss but it would be nice to wear em during the season not after it.

#8 RoCkS
Go RiCky!

Magpie Gal 19 Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2000 4:25 pm

Well I paid for my membership On Sunday at the family Day and got it right than on the spot.!

Nicks Davis kicks ASS!!!!
NT - Pie 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2000 7:25 am

I can't believe people are accepting and even defending the club! Unfortunately comparing aussie rules to soccer is impossible as one is played all over the world and makes huge money on media rights the other is our little national game that may be better and is the one we love. But the membership drive is a fiasco, if i personally know 3 or 4 people that dont't want to join cause of all the crap they hear about the memberships what does that make in total?? Come on people open your other eye..
Spook 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2000 9:58 am

No point in bagging the club over the ticket debarcle, the problems came from Ticketech and the new barcode system they are using. All clubs suffered as a result, bar Carlscum who used Ticketmaster.

If you were a plain wrap social club member (like me!) you should have gotten your badge and ticket months ago (like I did!!)
Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2000 3:21 pm

B4 people start bagging the Pies - it is important to get your facts right. A simple phone call to the Pies on 9419 9222 would of told you that they had Barcode problems for the season tickets and also due to the late changes to the draw thanks to Carlscum's Optus Oval (thank goodness we don not play any HOME games there) and the AFL caused the delays.

It ain't the Pies fault - this time !

------------------
Tony_Clemente@hotmail.com
www.netspace.net.au/~clemo
Neil Appleby 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2000 4:07 pm

I'm not going to make excuses for the club on the membership issue but.....The Age reported this week that several clubs were having big trouble with their mail outs and reserved seating etc.
Apparently the changed fixture and Colonial seating and the new bar codes that had to be added plus the shortened deadline due to the early season start caused the delays.
We WEREN'T mentioned as one of the clubs having trouble.....so heaven help the supporters at North, Essendon, StKilda and Footscray!!!
Hmmmmmm, now is there a pattern there do you think?????
Serves them right for going there I say!
Glad we are at the HOME of footy.
Also in reply to Alf, I think there are allocated 'walk up' seats to Colonial.
So I don't think reserving is absolute.
The Age mentioned this today(Thurs) and spoke of thousands of tickets not being sold
for next weeks opener at Colonial.
These go back into the public "pool" next Tuesday if they haven't been bought by Essendon fans.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: