Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Where was the Official Cheersquad last night huh?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2000 9:46 am
Post subject: Where was the Official Cheersquad last night huh?Reply with quote

even worse though where was our banner???

answers please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Magpie mick 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2000 2:42 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Even worse spidergirl, the imposters behind one end of the goals were yelling obsene jestures,which will achieve nothing but give us all a bad name.

[This message has been edited by Magpie mick (edited 13 February 2000).]

Rowdy 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2000 6:30 am

As a member of "Offical" Cheersquad for the past 10 years, I feel that I need to clarify out situation with regards to Saturday Night.

Late in 1999 the club decided that they would take over the running of the Cheersquad.

Now with only 4 weeks to go to the commencement of the season we have, NO COMMITTEE, NO MEMBERSHIP TICKETS and most importantly NO SEAT TICKETS.

Hence the reason we did not have a banner on Saturday night.

Mich@el Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2000 9:29 pm

Seat Tickets, for Waverley? But you don't need them!
There is no excuse for no banner, even if it is only the Ansett Cup!
Rowdy 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2000 2:33 am

Micha@l,

I do agree that we don't need seat tickets for waverley, but with regards to the banner, it's hard to make a banner with no committee to do it.
If you don't have a committee in charge there would be total mayhem.
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2000 12:39 pm

Well Magpie Mick and Magpie Greg yelling out obsene gestures or swearing ya head off or whatever at the footy is normal and has been a tradition for many years especially at Collingwood. Now c'mon the real embarrassment is not having a banner, not doing something that is pefetly normal at a footy game!

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2000 12:40 pm

Well Magpie Mick and Magpie Greg yelling out obsene gestures or swearing ya head off or whatever at the footy is normal and has been a tradition for many years especially at Collingwood. Now c'mon the real embarrassment is not having a banner and not having an official cheersquad turn up, not doing something that is perfectly normal at a footy game!

#8 RoCkS
Go RiCkY!

Magpie Gal 19 Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2000 3:05 pm

To Magpie Greg and Mick get off your high horse, stop complaining and Cheer, because you are complaining about the only Cheer Squad that bothered turning up. Yes we might have a laugh but the players love it and we were the only ones chanting on saturday night so piss off back to the Dolly Greys and say hello to Wayne Jackson for me, because if the Unofficial Cheer Squad wasnt there on saturday night, who would of cheered? "christian from berwick" 15.2.00
Pete the Pieman 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2000 10:34 am

I met Magpie Gal 19 and Spidergirl last sat nite.

Perfectly nice, normal Collingwood supporters I thought.

Pete the Pieman 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2000 11:36 am

You may well be right Greg, but then you are a Beatles fan and "Love is (NOT) all you need", sometimes.

I, on the other hand am a Rage Against The Machine fan and I'd have ta say that when you're indulging in your favourite passion, there ain't "No Shelter" here.

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2000 1:29 pm

thanks Pete the Pieman glad to see someone who has actually met us judging us and someone who can actually get names right. Well it was cool to put a face to the name anyway!

As for the comments made above about a bad year for Collingwood supporters well i'm proud to say we were all there watching em lose game by game and going to training and club functions, supporting ALL the players not just the big names. We stuck by em and always will win or lose.

Now in regards to this whole (now boring argument) the bottom line is THE UNOFFICIAL CHEERSQUAD TURNED UP NO QUESTION ABOUT IT along with many other supporters THE OFFICIAL CHEERSQUAD DID NOT TURN UP and WE DID NOT HAVE A BANNER!!! that is the bottom line!!!

#8 RoCkS
Go RiCkY!

Magpie Gal 19 Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2000 1:54 pm

Hey Pete the pieman thanks, I thought you are a really nice and friendly guy.

Spidergal, kept the good work up!!!!!

And to Magpie Greg. May I ask you who the hell is Craig from Berwick?

Those comments under my name was not me but a good friend, so pleaswe do not knock him. If it is me that is doing a comment I always end it with saying something about Nick Davis.

Nick Davis Rocks this entire world

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2000 10:59 am

Jesus Christ!
Now half of youz are trying to change this whole issue into swearing at the footy. Noone said our cheersquad only go to swear it's just part of the whole footy atmosphere, god, get that in your heads.
The actual fact that the Official Cheersquad was not there nor was a banner has been manipulated into an argument about swearing at the footy.

Oh yeah Magpiegal of course ya gonna end yer posts with Nick Davis rocks this world or whatever coz i end it with #8 RoCkS hehe catch ya mate!

Magpie mick 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2000 5:35 pm

Spidergirl, are you a complete dill? Having people yell out'" Freo takes it up the A-- do dah or calling someone a "[snip]" by the unofficial cheer squad, particularly when childeren are sitting close by, is not what being a Collingwood supporter is about.There is nothing wrong with cheering or calling another player a "dud" or "looser" provided its not offensive to anyone. If you have not realized, the media already brand us(Collingwood supporters) as racists.
Do you remember that goose running around stabbing people with needles, he also told the world he was a Collingwood supporter and the media had a field day with it.
Also Collingwood is not just for the "working class" it's for everyone from - young, old, rich, poor, female, male and most importantly black and white.
If people want to act like "pig heads " fine, just don't do it in our jumper or better still, don't support our team because the Collingwood Football Club does not want you.

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2000 3:46 am

Nice to see we are winning a few games, even though it counts for no points.
Just a quick point on the 'language' debate, if that's what it is. I attended an England soccer match at Wembley a few months back. I admit I have been known to possess a crude tongue at times, but the language being chanted by the vast majority of fans was unbelievable. A woman I went with had her hands over her sons (12yo) ears for the entire match ,as it never let up. The point in going seemed to be to hurl racist sexist abuse, not watch a game. At the end of the evening, the PA announcer thanked everyone for attending another great 'family' event at Wembley. If this happened in an Aussie Rules match, the cops would hopefully have hauled the offenders out (bit hard when it is 70,000 of em).

point I'm making is being away from home makes one appreciate it a little more. If AFL games ever turned into these type of events, the game would be finished. By all means use whatever language you want at home, but have a little class in public. I come home for 1 or 2 games every two years, costing me Ł2-3000. If anyone had a reason to go off at a game it would be me, cos I havent seen a win since 1994, and the last few games I've seen I couldnt believe how crap we were.

If you need to use the choice language, I can solve your problem by shoving a dictionary down your throat to improve your vocabulary.(or shut you up)

Anyway, enough of the moan, looks like we might have a decent side in 2-3 years, so hopefully we will still be able to get a bit of value out of Bucks then. He deserves it for sticking with us!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: