Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pies vs Williamstown at Vic Park! Round One

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sportingtragic 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:00 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks to the updates from those in attendance.

in other vfl news, interesting to see Gold Coast go ok in first outing, losing to Port Melb 97-109 but mostly kids playing against men. ominous signs once they get 3-5 pre seasons into them, plus 7 of the top 15 in this years draft (oh, and ablett).
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:03 pm

^^Nathan Ablett's pretty ordinary Wink.

They do have some more experienced players. Stanley and Isles I know of, possibly others. Still, a good effort in their first game.

1eyedpie Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:11 pm

^^ He means Garry Ablett Jr

BARRACK HARD!
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:13 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Full Time:

Anthony: 3
Dawes: 2

Again did well to get back into it, cutting the margin to 2 points. Faded again late though, to lose by over 20.

Good last quarter from Dawes, played a bit deeper (as he should have all game, just looked lost up the ground), made some good contests and took a few marks (6 for the game, 2 contested), though probably should have held onto more of them. In the end, I'd say he was ahead of Jack for the day.

Best player, and most likely to be selected: Simon Buckley. He is our replacement for BJ or Shaw. His kicking is excellent, and at least when he's under pressure he can kick it long. We have too few players with good long kicks, for him to be playing in the reserves. Also has pace and provides some run. Plenty to like if he can get his game together.

Others who'll be a chance for next week: N.Brown, Reid, Dawes, Anthony (in that order).

Your kidding? I thought little Blair was easily our best. Under every pack all day. Oh & no way Nathan Brown deserves a senior spot on that performance. As usual he was easily beaten on the lead. I'm not sure who the opposition forward were but #6 & #24 killed us including against Brown.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:18 pm

Watching the two of them from behind the goals, Anthony did nothing to suggest he deserved a recall over Dawes. Dawes didn't dominate to any degree but looked like he could be a quite handy CHF. He's almost too team oriented. One should've been goal screwed up with a handpass, Blocking a couple of time on jacks opponent to ley Jack lead.

I like the boy. I don't think he's Jonathan Brown reincarnated and is never going to be, but i'd play him at CHF and Cloke at FF, and let them rotate every now and then.

woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:24 pm

Neither of them demanded a game in the 1's next week. In fact their forwards were far better than ours.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:31 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Watching the two of them from behind the goals, Anthony did nothing to suggest he deserved a recall over Dawes. Dawes didn't dominate to any degree but looked like he could be a quite handy CHF. He's almost too team oriented. One should've been goal screwed up with a handpass, Blocking a couple of time on jacks opponent to ley Jack lead.

I like the boy. I don't think he's Jonathan Brown reincarnated and is never going to be, but i'd play him at CHF and Cloke at FF, and let them rotate every now and then.

There's absolutely no way Dawes is a CHF. In today's game he was very poor when up the ground, only came into it in the last when he went deeper. Up the ground, he over-ran it, rarely got space on a lead, barely took a mark. Lacks mobility, straight line speed, and particularly agility. If Dawes plays, it will be as a FF.

Cloke has all the attributes for a CHF, and should definitely play there. Was good last night too.

True that their forwards were better: Little kicked 6.1, and Jarrad Grant was pretty good too - number 5 pick in 2007. Should be playing instead of Hall Very Happy.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:37 pm

Hence the Wink.
Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:47 pm

brown wont be back next week for seniors. he got reported. so could miss a few games.

dawes looked good today. anthony did ok could of done enough to earn a recall. he done a cloke and missed inside 30.

shae kicked a good goal, baulked a willi player and then kicked the goal
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:49 pm

So much for our vaunted depth.

Dawes must play now.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:55 pm

Fire Up wrote:
brown wont be back next week for seniors. he got reported. so could miss a few games.

dawes looked good today. anthony did ok could of done enough to earn a recall. he done a cloke and missed inside 30.

shae kicked a good goal, baulked a willi player and then kicked the goal

Don't think Brown will go for that. Not much in it.

Neither Dawes or Anthony teared it up. Certainly didn't demand a spot. One will only be brought in if we think either Fraser or L.Brown are omitted for their poor form.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:23 pm

I say Dawes looked better of the 2 and Should be in the AFL Side Tommorow
Stoutza Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:56 pm

not a great result for our boys first up
did rusling play back again? I don't understand if personally
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:57 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

There's absolutely no way Dawes is a CHF. In today's game he was very poor when up the ground, only came into it in the last when he went deeper. Up the ground, he over-ran it, rarely got space on a lead, barely took a mark. Lacks mobility, straight line speed, and particularly agility. If Dawes plays, it will be as a FF.

Cloke has all the attributes for a CHF, and should definitely play there. Was good last night too.

True that their forwards were better: Little kicked 6.1, and Jarrad Grant was pretty good too - number 5 pick in 2007. Should be playing instead of Hall Very Happy.

Were you at the game or watching the ABC?

I'm not pretending he played a great game, it was good. Serviceable, not brilliant, but I thought he did well as a CHF without running up to the wings.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:59 pm

Yeah played back. Got thrashed by his opponent - Little kicked 6.1. But did do some good things - a couple of nice marks and tackles, some good kicks, though some poor as well.

Don't know what the club's thinking is. Maybe they really believe he can make it as a back. Hopefully they're just letting him get match fitness before they move him back to the forward line, but he's been back for a while now.

On Dawes at CHF: Guess we'll have to agree to disagree then. Dawes took 2 marks and had about 5 disposals in 3 quarters at CHF. He looked slow and cumbersome and had little impact on the game. In the last he went deeper and looked much better. Yes I did watch it on TV.

Last edited by AN_Inkling on Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8   

Jump to: