Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Frankston vs. Collingwood (ABC TV) Sides

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 12:41 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

twaters wrote:
Thought the AFL-listed Pies were grand - Brown, Fraser, Locks, Presti (who thankfully was rested second half in case needed vs Geelong). Dick clearly needs a few more match fitness games.

Barham, despite flying to West and back for 8+ hours just before the game, was super possie gatherer. Obviously is close to a senior gig.

Carter was surprisingly good (given that some SA folk on their boards were unflattering about our rookie choice here), and imagine actually learning your craft right next to AA-nominated last year and AFL 200-gamer Presti.

Hunter needs to be promoted. Don't know his stats, but he is one angry ombre. Beautiful kicks and physical presence.

Thomas did lots of good and bad, so it might be early days there. Only really noticed Sinclair second half (perhaps as Locks backed off to bench?). Back from injury, so not a lot from him, but this entree was grand.

Pendles, Sundles, Young and Hayes all showed something as to why they should be on our rookie list next year.

Best till last: Keeffe. What a tall CHB he makes, with occasional fray into to ruck. Surprising deftness of disposal and hardness at the contest. The rest of the year may illuminate if he is a taller Jakovich or a taller bust. But great game.

Pretty much what I was thinking.

Thought Brown, Fraser, Young, Reed, Keefe, Carter & Hunter were the pick of the AFL senior and rookie listed players. Lockyer, Barham and Presti were steady without being startling, particularly in light of the opposition.

Thomas & Sinclair were interesting, thought Thomas was the better of the 2, his in close work is special at times. Sinclair at times seems to be just running around in circles, a bit like Barham when he first started. Needs to work a bit harder and a bit smarter.

Dickie will be better for the run.

Of the others Cookie was servicable, Blight was pretty quiet, McNamara continued the learning curve.
die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 1:40 am

Incredible first half of football.

Rowdy swung plenty of changes in the second half and ran some drills through the players and tried different roles and still managed to outscore the happless Dolphins.

BrodieisTops 

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:12 am

I htink Jaryd Blair is injured thought only VFL listed players in State Team Sunderland in one I heard them say on ABC.
Where is Anthony Corrie?????
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 1:11 pm

Watch the Replay Here:

http://www.abc.net.au/iview/#/sport

Rizzo32 

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 9:59 pm

Saw the best and goal kickers listed so just had to watch to see Presti kick a couple!! Donuts!! Didn't have my beer goggles on like the bloke who mistook Dick for Presti!! Didn't see Lorraine play or kick a goal either anyone got the actual goalkickers I coudn't be stuffed watching the whole thing again it wasn't that interesting.
Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 11:33 pm

i thought i was going crazy when i saw presti kick 2 goals in the paper. even though i watched the game
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: