Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pies vs Sandrigham Saturday @ Vic Park

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:23 pm
Post subject: Pies vs Sandrigham Saturday @ Vic ParkReply with quote

We have a Massive Side Selected

http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?client=1-118-0-102874-0&sID=60264&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=12284730&sectionID=60264

nulla 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:15 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

This will be interesting Saturday for sure.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:19 pm

You going Dave? If so, I'll see you there. I'm not going to a frigging sunday 4pm game so the VFL will be my live fix for the week.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:25 pm

stui magpie wrote:
You going Dave? If so, I'll see you there. I'm not going to a frigging sunday 4pm game so the VFL will be my live fix for the week.

Yeah I am Going and I do hope to see you too there mate

nulla 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:29 pm

I think there is a reserves game on as a curtain raiser too..
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:21 pm

the team...

Collingwood

B Francis N. Brown Goldsack
HB Buckley Keeffe Cook
C Lockyer Barham Dick
HF Sidebottom L. Brown Rounds
F Anthony Fraser Dawes
R Wood Wellingham Blair

Int
Sinclair K. Pendlebury McNamara
Liston J. Thomas Carter
Young Reed Millard*
Sundberg Hunter Hayes
Blight

Obviously includes the senior interchange & emergencies (red). Good to see Francis, Buckley & McNamara back. No O'Bree so must be injured or just getting a bit of a rest.
Sultan of spin Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:59 pm

Just getting ready to head to the game, just hoping the weather holds out. Really looking forward to seeing this team play as we have selected such a strong side due to the lack of injuries at senior level. Looking for a big game from Jack and glad to see Buckley back in the team.

The odds say we should win with centrebet having Collingwood 1.17 vs Sandi 5.00, hopefully it turns out this way and we can have another big win
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:07 pm

VFL FINAL SCORES:
COLLINGWOOD: 8.22 (70)
SANDRINGHAM: 6.9 (45)

Best Collingwood: Brown Cook Buckley Keeffe Lockyer Barham

GOAL SCORERS - COLLINGWOOD: Young 2, J.Thomas, Barham, Sinclair, Dick, Hunter, Rounds.

Disposals: Cook 30, N.Brown 26, Buckley 25, O'Bree 24

Tackles: Blair 10, Hunter 8, O'Bree 8, J.Thomas 6, Barham 5, Lockyer 5, Reed 5

Marks: Pendlebury 8, Cook 8, N.Brown 8, Blight 7, Buckley 7

mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:32 pm

8.22? Shocked
#SIDEBYSIDE
jonesy86 Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:01 pm

Very wet cold and windy.

Anthony and Wood were shocking but conditions didn't help and they didn't throw in the towell.

O'Bree was ok, kicked about 3 or 4 behinds.

Dick is improving, IMO only 3 weeks at most away from AFL level.

Got a man crush on Tom Young. The little red head is going to be an excellent player, can't believe he's only 17-18.

Nathan Brown was BOG by a mile. Never got beat in a contest and marked the wet ball well. His opponent Nick Saunter (VFL legend), I swear he kept him stat-less until the 20 min mark of the last qtr where he had a grubber kick on the wing that went out of play, that was his only disposal.

Lachie Keefe had kick-in duties today and did a very good job, he looked a natural playing CHB and has excellent speed for a 200cm+ player. I don't think he will be a ruckman but a very good key position player.

mattys123 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:02 pm

Just got back from Vic Park, and to those who were there also, I SALUTE YOU.

Terrible conditions, as bad as I have seen at a footy game in years.

Player review by number;

6. Goldsack; One of the best, a real 4 quarter effort all around, played well down back, and attacked with his usual run. Goldy's back.

9. Anthony; Let's just pretend he didn't play, got ironical cheers when he took a mark in the last, that's how bad he was.

16. Brown; BEST ON GROUND. That's the Nathan Brown we all want to see, didn't get beat one on one all day by Sautner, and had a heap of the ball himself. Should be rewarded with a game next week.

19. Wood; Didn't have much of the ball, but dominated in the ruck, which was good to see. Had a period in the second quarter where he took 3 marks in the backline, which was good to see.

24. Lockyer; Typical game from Lockyer, worked hard all day, and created plenty of chances for his team mates. One of our best.

27. Blight; Had patches of brilliance like the 3rd quarter where he dominated down back, and moments of madness when he turned the ball over. Tried hard all day, has a nice kick on him, and is progressing well.

28. Sinclair; Didn't do a heap, but showed his pace a couple of times, burning players off on the wing.

29. Cook; One of the best, got plenty of the ball, but his ball use is still a worry. Good effort.

33. Dick; Started slowly, but was great in the second half, and created a few scoring chances. His 3rd quarter was the old Brad Dick, although he was playing up the ground. He is back, a chance to play against Sydney after 2 more VFL games.

37; Rounds; Kicked a vital goal in the second quarter, and took some very nice marks. Looks like a very possible replacement for Medhurst long term.

40. Josh Thomas; I'm still this kids' no.1 fan, I love everything about him. To sum up how good he looked today, he looked like a quicker, more skillful version of Blair, was outstanding at times, and has a huge future.

41. Buckley; Controlled the back half with Goldsack and Brown, and his use of the ball in terrible conditions was great. One of our best, and will be a chance to play senior football later in the year.

43. Barham; Had a quieter day then what he has been having, and turned the ball over a few times, but still got plenty of it, and was very good in patches.

Rookies;

38. Scott Reed; Made a contest all day at half forward, but didn't really have many opportunities to score.

44. Keefe; Once again I like the look of the big fella, played well down back, and took some great marks. Moves very well for a 200cm + kid, and has a huge future.

45. Tom Hunter; Tried hard all day, is a tough kid, who gets into the contest, but may have to improve his skills a little bit.

46. Tristan Francis; Was very good at times, but faded late. Judges the ball in flight very well, is fast and skillful, hope he stays fit.

47; Blair; Typical Blair, plenty of stats, tried hard all day, and had an impact on the match.

49. Tom Young; This kid is a gun. Apart from getting caught twice holding the ball, he was brilliant. Kicked the 2 goals that opened up the match, and was great all day. His evasiveness in packs is oustanding for an 18 year old.

50. Shae McNamara; His ruckwork continues to impress, and his game is progressing slowly. Contested well on a day not made for big fellas.

Great win, had fun in the wet, and it looked like we got through the game with no significant injuries.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:26 pm

No real argument from me about any of that.

The advantage of sitting near DTM is he knows every player and their bio, he's a 2 legged encyclopaedia.

The disadvantage of sitting in front of him is my right ear is still ringing from the frequent cries of 'BALL" Wink

Interesting that Dawes didn't play, the other emergencies all did.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:02 pm

^Thanks for the reports!
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:53 pm

stui magpie wrote:
No real argument from me about any of that.

The advantage of sitting near DTM is he knows every player and their bio, he's a 2 legged encyclopaedia.

The disadvantage of sitting in front of him is my right ear is still ringing from the frequent cries of 'BALL" Wink

Interesting that Dawes didn't play, the other emergencies all did.

Well You have make sure the Umps Hear You Very Happy Wink

Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:21 pm

Did Irving play for Sandy? How'd he go?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: