Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Rnd 1. V Frankston

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:42 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Siren!

Final score:

Collingwood 18.14.122
Frankston 7.6.48

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:20 pm

Question to anyone who was there, are the VFL team playing the same style as the AFL team?
jonesy86 Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:30 pm

I listened to the radio commentary for most of the game and they said the VFL Pies were pressing up the ground just like the AFL Pies.
Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:32 pm

stui- JB said on the pies chat. that vfl are playing the same style as senior side
Big T 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:50 pm

Life is good people, life is good.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:36 pm

Fire Up wrote:
stui- JB said on the pies chat. that vfl are playing the same style as senior side

Cheers Mick.

I'd expect them to be, and after seeing 1st year draftees come in during the NAB cup and fit right in I assumed they were. Just good to get confirmation.

Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:49 pm

Quick player review from today's game

Fasalo - my bog. Used it very cleverly, strong at the contest, showed great leadership and direction. Loved his aggression and giving guys lip

Tom young - close to bog. Will play seniors this year. Plays a similar role as pendles. Also very lippy!!

Paul cribbin - very very surprised. Will be better than Marty Clarke. Very smart and didn't get lost in traffic or in one and ones

Jack perham, Declan reilly and Scott reed - all played key forward. Perham and Reilly took strong marks and kicked well. Reed was pretty quiet

Daniel farmer and Trent Stubbs - both played wing half back. Thought Stubbs was more consistent. Farmer has good size

Wood and McNamara - rotated ruck and forward. Wood was amazing. Dominated throwing his weight around and should have taken a few more contested marks but was bloody good. McNamara was handy. Dunno if he even knows if he's left or right footed.

Tom Gordon - key back. Not alot of possies but wasn't under alot of pressure. Plenty of guidance from pendlebury and goldsack

Keefe - close to being my favorite player. Strong excellent disposal and great leader!

Loved the look of Tom sundberg, jack bull and pat Liston. Sundberg reminds me of Andrew dimattina (physically) a real trenches player. Sewell like. Bull by name bull by nature- small guy kinda like ben mcglynn. Loved him. Pat Liston solid frame and can take a hit. Accumulated a fair bit of the footy

Davis was solid. Didn't show anything special. Goldsack was goldsack. Rounds found alot of it in space and kicked a few.

Hope it helps
Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:04 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Question to anyone who was there, are the VFL team playing the same style as the AFL team?

Kinda. I hate to say it because I've been a dolphins supporter just as long as I've been a pies supporter but they are a very bad side. It's pretty easy to pressure them into coughing it up. Lachie keefe barked orders from the backline getting the first year players into position
Jace Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:05 pm

Rick wrote:
Quick player review from today's game

Fasalo - my bog. Used it very cleverly, strong at the contest, showed great leadership and direction. Loved his aggression and giving guys lip

Tom young - close to bog. Will play seniors this year. Plays a similar role as pendles. Also very lippy!!

Paul cribbin - very very surprised. Will be better than Marty Clarke. Very smart and didn't get lost in traffic or in one and ones

Jack perham, Declan reilly and Scott reed - all played key forward. Perham and Reilly took strong marks and kicked well. Reed was pretty quiet

Daniel farmer and Trent Stubbs - both played wing half back. Thought Stubbs was more consistent. Farmer has good size

Wood and McNamara - rotated ruck and forward. Wood was amazing. Dominated throwing his weight around and should have taken a few more contested marks but was bloody good. McNamara was handy. Dunno if he even knows if he's left or right footed.

Tom Gordon - key back. Not alot of possies but wasn't under alot of pressure. Plenty of guidance from pendlebury and goldsack

Keefe - close to being my favorite player. Strong excellent disposal and great leader!

Loved the look of Tom sundberg, jack bull and pat Liston. Sundberg reminds me of Andrew dimattina (physically) a real trenches player. Sewell like. Bull by name bull by nature- small guy kinda like ben mcglynn. Loved him. Pat Liston solid frame and can take a hit. Accumulated a fair bit of the footy

Davis was solid. Didn't show anything special. Goldsack was goldsack. Rounds found alot of it in space and kicked a few.

Hope it helps

Thanks for the detailed wrap up always apperciated. Some great signs indeed, plenty of depth & each year more talent coming into the club keeping all on their toes.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:54 am

thanks for the summary folks!

www.facebook/the hybernators
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:03 pm

jonesy86 wrote:
I listened to the radio commentary for most of the game and they said the VFL Pies were pressing up the ground just like the AFL Pies.

Did you hear when the ball hit their commentry window? Laughing "someones almost been decapitated!"

ItwasoutHarmes 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:00 pm

Thanks for the write ups......Anyone know where the footage is? Cannot find anything on the website.....
Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:44 pm

ItwasoutHarmes wrote:
Thanks for the write ups......Anyone know where the footage is? Cannot find anything on the website.....

There were a few cameras around the place. I'm sure something will surface. Hopefully someone caught footage of shae macs solo effort on half forward. Had the ball kicked to him down around his ankles, chipped the ball up with his foot to himself, dodged a couple of tacklers then kicked a 20m torp to a teammate at chf. Impressive and funny at the same time
melliot 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:03 pm

Rick....

HS today was spruiking Davis was one of the BOGs. ???? I think Tarks had wrapped him up.

Were HS sensationalising his game or were you a bit harsh?
Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:42 pm

I went to check out the kids. I wasnt blown away by him dominating the match. Therefore I wouldn't have thought he was good enough to force his way into the seniors yet. He was targeted by the dolphin players and supporters and in hindsight he handled the attention really well, which allowed fasalo and young to shine in the midfield.

I wouldve thought Cameron wood was the most dominant player on the ground. He is a massive man and I would expect jolly might be rested at some stage.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6   

Jump to: