Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Collingwood........SAD!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 1999 12:21 pm
Post subject: Collingwood........SAD!!Reply with quote

I can't believe this, I've (every collingwood supporter) has put up with this CRAP from Collingwood long enough and personally I am VERY sick of it. We have the most pathetic excuse for a football team that I have ever seen(with an exception for a few players). Something has to be done, I doubt that Collingwood will break any club membership records next year. I think its time for some real changes at the club not just the cosmetic changes they have done for years. Wake Up Collinwood, stop saying that we will get better as each year goes on because we WON'T.
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 1999 2:11 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I think maybe we have to face the fact taht tony Shaw is not a senior coach. I thoght he would be a great choice at the time, and he has brought some good things to footy (which have probly benefittted other teams at least as much) - eg basketball-type stratregies, and set plays.
But it looks like we're paying for taking on an untrialed coach - eg look at Mark Williams, he has proved himself at a lower level of coaching.
Looking at some of our rejects succeeding at other clubs - eg Francis - is more evidence that we're not bringing out the best in our players.
ANy suggestions for replacements? I heard Brereton and DAicos mentioned, also BT and mick Mcguane. But again, none of these have had (as far as I know) coaching experience, so they're unknown quantities. Dont want to make that mistake again - although it's always a bit of a punt anyway. personally I think Daicos sounds good, and also his values etc are important to me - eg his bitter lamentation of Fitzroy's demise. Also his tremendous passion for the woods, but obvioulsy also he has a brilliant footy brain. Collingwood shouldn't be just about winning, but should stand for something as well!
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 1999 4:57 pm

Daicos for a coach? You must be joking mate. Legend footballer, but I don't think he'd make it as a coach. Still, he might be good for a couple of goals a game at age 40 odd.

Let's face reality here folks. We will be fortunate to win more than a game or two this year. We have nowhere near enough quality in quantity. Hopefully he young blokes we have picked up will produce in the next few years, and we don't waste the no1 draft pick we will get at the end of the year.

Sometimes it helps being on the other side of the world. The view from here is we are going to be ordinary for a few years yet. I was back in Oz for 3 weeks last August. Saw the Ess, Rich and Carl games, and maybe I've been away for a while (6 years) but I think they were the worst pies games I've seen. We have obviously not got much better in the meantime.

Shaw has had his chance, and if it weren't for the fact that the club doesn't have a brass razoo to pay him off, he should've gone last year.

They must go and pay big bucks for a top coach and his team. We can't afford to punt on a the chance of a coach turning out to be a non-winner.

ps McGuane is supposed to be pretty sharp, but is he on or off the wagon?

bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 1999 12:24 am

:::ps McGuane is supposed to be pretty sharp, :::but is he on or off the wagon?

The odd drop of brew might add a bit of fire to the speeches....

Why do you say DAicos wouldn't be a good coach? Too easy-going or something?
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 1999 3:23 am

I thnk I should add, I'm not "baying for blood". No point in brash sackings, better to carefully choose a successor first.
Also I might be wrong about Shaw, maybe (as many suggest) it's due to a poor playing list. In any case if he wants to continue a coaching career, he probably has to do time at a lower level to prove himself - eg SA/Tas/WA leagues.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: