Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The 2012 NFL thread

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:14 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep - I saw it but I didn't believe it. Where's Montana - is he still out?
blackmissionary Cancer

Lurker King

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:44 pm

Redskins beat Giants. Throws NFC East wide open, as well as the NFC wildcard/seed race.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:56 pm

So were Sav's 3 punts the difference between the two teams? I haven't watched this game yet.

As for throwing things open, it would have altered the whole complexion of the NFC if the ridiculous "Fail Mary" call hadn't given the Seahawks the points against Green Bay during the officials lock-out - the Pack would be clear of the Giants (and the Bears) in second place, looking at a divisional playoff at Lambeau after a week's rest.

Not that I'm bitter.... Wink
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:25 pm

Peyton's Broncos are whipping the Raiders. 13:0 with about 10 minutes to go in the second quarter. And 15 first downs to 1; and 227 yards to 68 yards (Oakland haven't rushed for a single yard, yet). Etc etc.

Whoa!. Hold the 'phones! Peyton's just thrown an interception.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:37 pm

And the Raiders strike back with a good drive for a TD. Now 13:6 (before the extra point kick).
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:41 pm

Oakland looked to be making a bit of a game of this until they started a third quarter drive at their own 8-yard line, carried it back to the 7-yard line in 2 downs and then Palmer was sacked and fumbled, with the consequence that the Broncos only needed to go 2 yards for a TD - as a mark of courtesy (I assume), they took 2 downs to do it. Broncos lead 23:7 with 2 m, 7 seconds left in the 3rd.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:34 pm

So, the Broncos won 26:13. It wasn't really even that close because Peyton got to the Raiders' 9 yard line with a minute or so to go and just knelt 3 times to run out the remaining time.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:52 am

Fantastic comeback win by the Redskins this morning against the Ravens. Trailing 28:20 with about 4 minutes to go, RGIII tried to lead a game-tieing drive but got injured in the process. Replacement rookie QB Kirk Cousins got the job done with a pressure throw for a first down and another for a TD and then he ran in the 2-point conversion himself with about 25 seconds to go. The Ravens played out time and had the first over-time possession but went 3 and out. Richard Crawford returned the punt 64 yards and from there Cousins only had to hold onto the ball and set up the kick from the preferred side for Forbath. Forbath did the job and the 'Skins won 31:28.

Sav punted brilliantly to lead the 'Skins to victory, of course.
blackmissionary Cancer

Lurker King

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:55 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
Sav punted brilliantly to lead the 'Skins to victory, of course.

Saw his last punt, great 51 yard effort, no return yardage on the play.
punkologist Aries

Barwick goals, the pies are home!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:37 pm

Time for the Raiders to "tank" and start Prior.
Yarra Falls End 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:49 pm

What a week coming up with a least 5 games potential play off rehearsals.

NYG @ Atlanta
GB @ Chicago
Denver @ Baltimore
Colts @ Houston
SF @ NE

Whilst Atlanta and Houston are in the box seat to claim the number 1 seed in their respective conferences, all the analysts have basically agreed neither of them can win the SB.

Packers can claim NFC North with a win over the Bears.Jermichael Finley not helping the pack by saying the Bears are better off without Uhrelacher.You gotta love Uhrelacher's reply though that the Packers are obviously better off without Finley because they won the SB without him. 1-0 nil to Urelacher.If Falcons lose to NYG and then away to the Lions and SF losing to either NE or Seattle,Packers may still claim no 1 seed though I don't know who would have the tiebreaker between GB and the Falcons.

Even though 49ers much better than Seattle, not impossible that Seattle may claim NFC West.A Bears loss opens the door for Vikings,redskins and cowboys for the wild card spot.

Finally, I found myself watching some you tube footage of Sterling Sharpe during the week and it got me thinking that No 4 truly could have been the greatest if Sharpe never sustained that career ending neck injury.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:40 am

Green Bay leads Chicago 21:13 with about 7m 4s to go.

How much longer can the Pack afford to allow Mason Crosby to kick for the field goals? He's been horrible again today. He's missed two eminently kickable opportunities, as a consequence of which the Bears are still (just) in the game. All it needs is another Keystone Cops fumble performance on the next kick return or punt return and the Bears could just steal this.

Meanwhile, Atlanta are about to complete a shut-out of the Giants (presently 34:0), the Vikes are hanging on by 11 points despite yet another last quarter fade out (AP has another 160 yards rushing), the Redskins are up by 10, despite RGIII being unable to play with injury (Cousins has continued his game-winning efforts from last week), Brees has thrown 4 TDs in what looks like a shut-out of Tampa Bay (presently 34:0), the Broncos lead the Ravens by 17, despite two last quarter TDs by the Ravens, the Texans lead the Colts by 9 and the Dolphins are playing the Jaguars (for what that may be worth).

I am pleased that I haven't been able to watch any of these games on FTA and that, instead, I will shortly be able to sit back and watch Arizona and Detroit play a critical game for mid-ranking draft picks.
blackmissionary Cancer

Lurker King

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:20 pm

OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:49 pm

Is one of those two a Cyclops?
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:22 pm

OEP wrote:
Is one of those two a Cyclops?

Probably - perhaps a wide receiver with no depth perception. Because Sanchez needs another one of those to throw to (well, near).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 9 of 13   

Jump to: