Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Travis Cloke

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

If that's all it'll take lets start a collection. $5 per collingwood supporter ought to cover it and then some
MJ23 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:17 pm

Eds right I think. Free agency makes it possible to avoid the draft. How many free agency players who missed their opportunity for a premiership in a club that does not have the resources the pies have.
It might not be freo - they look to have a good young list and are building however clubs like the dogs, bris, north, saints could be in trouble.
Clokes cash would free up the opportunity.

Nash Rising 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:17 pm

MJ23 wrote:
Eds right I think. Free agency makes it possible to avoid the draft. How many free agency players who missed their opportunity for a premiership in a club that does not have the resources the pies have.
It might not be freo - they look to have a good young list and are building however clubs like the dogs, bris, north, saints could be in trouble.

MJ you seem to be reasonably intelligent and I like your posts but c'mon you are smarter than that.

Cloke is not leaving.

Can you name one person who is close to this, including the media types, who have come out and said Cloke is gone?

Its not happening, therefore the cash is not free, therefore we can't go after a "name" player.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:45 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I reckon the Cloke saga is now the only thing that could derail our Premiership hopes this season. It needs to be resolved one way or the other within the next 4 weeks or it will become a massive distraction come finals time. When we go into battle in September we must know that it's one in all in. If Travis has decided to go after more dough elsewhere then he should not play in the finals. This might cost us a Premiership. If it does then the Cloke name will be dirt forever more. To be honest Cloke has already lost me, just as Malthouse lost me after his footy show performance last year. Both of them managed to create a gap between themselves and the club. Very disappointing.

BTW, I managed to score a seat at the Presidents lunch today, and Eddie let go with a massive go at Cloke's management. He reminded everyone that Ralph Carr comes from the music management business. "When was the last time an ageing drugged out muso got help from his old record company? Football is different altogether. At Collingwood we look after our own for all time. Side by side is what we're all about. If Cloke goes to Freo he may well disappear into the ether like Jack Anthony. But I'll tell you one thing, if Freo get hold of Cloke we'll be going through the Dockers' player list and picking out the best 23 yr old players, because we will have a massive war chest." He also made it clear to everyone that no player was irreplaceable. It was clear that Ed was pissed off by Cloke's comments on TFS.

Would have been good to be there for the lunch!

At least this years hubris is different to the calamity of last years hubris.

No self harm (yet).

BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:48 pm

Nick - Pie Man wrote:
If that's all it'll take lets start a collection. $5 per collingwood supporter ought to cover it and then some

Maybe 20 cents will do it again...

MJ23 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:00 pm

Nash Rising wrote:
MJ23 wrote:

MJ you seem to be reasonably intelligent and I like your posts but c'mon you are smarter than that.

Cloke is not leaving.

Can you name one person who is close to this, including the media types, who have come out and said Cloke is gone?

Its not happening, therefore the cash is not free, therefore we can't go after a "name" player.

sorry, dont get me wrong I dont think cloke is going anywhere. I was watching game day and that anderson flog was saying Eddies threats were empty because of the draft. No doubt we will be paying cloke a heap and if he was not there it would be a war chest available as eddie has said.
Agree with you though, I would be shocked if he did go.

Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:14 pm

Did anyone catch Swannies twitter today? "Well done to em all though. Great results. Maybe ed should pull strings & get trav on the show if he wants more cash..

He is a serious piss taker or pissed off?

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:39 pm

The club should now start reducing its offer by at least $25,000 each week until he signs. It has dragged on long enough and for the sake of certainty and team morale going into the finals it needs to be resolved.
Beast 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:44 pm

Pa Marmo wrote:
Did anyone catch Swannies twitter today? "Well done to em all though. Great results. Maybe ed should pull strings & get trav on the show if he wants more cash..

Yeah I saw it, sounded like a crack at Travis and I don't blame him.
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:51 pm

Beast wrote:

Makes you wonder if side by side means anything to Travis at all.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:55 pm

Pa Marmo wrote:
Beast wrote:

Makes you wonder if side by side means anything to Travis at all.

Alarm bells should have sounded when I discovered earlier in the year that his favourite hobby was collecting money! Confused
4everpies 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:42 pm

Pa Marmo wrote:

Not pissed off, it was also retweeted by Daisy. Both Swannie and Daisy got a lot of ribbing from Travis when their contracts were up for renewal, so they are taking every opportunity to get him back. It's been going on longer than just since TFS appearance.
1eyedpie Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:40 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
The club should now start reducing its offer by at least $25,000 each week until he signs. It has dragged on long enough and for the sake of certainty and team morale going into the finals it needs to be resolved.

The club should make their final offer and give him two weeks to make up his mind but let him know that if he declines our offer he can play out the rest of his contract in the VFL side as we need to groom a replacement player for life after Cloke.

I'm sure the thought of missing a chance at another premiership medallion would play heavily on his mind because the way it's panning out if we let him string it out until the end of the season he may still get his medal and the loot as well.

BARRACK HARD!
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:13 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

So they going to take the same approach with everyone out of contract atm? That will be great, we will have a couple of million in the cap but lose 4-5 premiership players. Even Melbourne is run better than that...
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:01 pm

Hey Eddie, do we get a discount for Saturdays performance?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 29 of 31   

Jump to: