Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Big Team effort - No passengers

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2000 3:13 pm
Post subject: Big Team effort - No passengersReply with quote

Awesome boys!!!......I've had few chances to post here this year but I had to make the effort and get on tonight to register my sheer delight after such a magnificent win.

13 goalkickers says it all. The Pies ran rampant and now all those doubters who thought they had underestimated Carlton are now thinking they were right all along. They looked old and tired and the relentless tackling, chasing and pressure
(the 1 percenters) where the best I've seen from a Collingwood side for an awful long time.

All of a sudden our forward line looks potent with Michael, Tarrant, Brown and the Roccas firing and our backline looks rock solid. Presti' was tight as a fishes arse, Tarks' was courage personified, Ben Kinnear continues to improve rapidly and Burnsy and Rupe clean up everything that hits the deck.

Browny set the ball rolling with a big first quarter and the Pies goaled early in every quarter to snuff out any spark the Blues may have got.

Top of the ladder, Carlton humiliated.......aint life sweet. Sydney in Sydney next week will be a 'real' test. Can't wait - bring 'em on.

Damien.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2000 3:52 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!!!! That game was unbelievable! Aint it the best feeling beating those losers. Great games by all. I'm too, I dunno happy to actually know what I'm talking about at the moment so I won't say anything to tomorrow or something. OFF FIELD- Man I reckon Carlton tried to perform better off field than on, there were a few fights (and almost fights) in the Great Southern Stand behind the goals. I'm sure Collingwood won those fights aswell. Anyway, very very very sweet victory. Here comes the bandwagoners!
I@n S 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2000 6:51 pm

yeah go pies. I'm so excited about this year. Bring on Norh and Essendon
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2000 8:58 pm

So many highlights in an unforgettable display. That is the best performance I have EVER seen from a Collingwood team.

What about Tarrant? That tackle on Sexton that led to Kinnear's goal (1st Qtr, 5 mins) His shepherd for Sav, who passed to Rowdy for a goal at 14 minute mark. His clever 1-2 with Pebbles that set up another Rowdy goal at the 30 minutes. Then, 12 minutes into the 3rd quarter, that sensational mark in the pocket and the pass to Sav.

What's going on this year? These guys are playing with vision. Everyone's contributing. Adkins, Betheras. Young guys playing like veterans. What about O'Bree's second quarter!!!

Speaking of veterans, what about Rowdy's first quarter. Then the bloody injury!

The Mal Michael injury looked bad. It was a brilliant mark that caused it. Almost as brilliant as the one he took 18 minutes into the 2nd quarter for Collingwood's 11th goal.

And mustn't forget the two Rocca boys. I've knocked these guys in the past (especially Sav)and they've made a right twit out of me lately.

Even the much maligned Richo returned to the big time in triumph. His defensive work with Kinnear late in the second quarter was magnificent to watch.

Did anyone notice the clearing kick by Buckley 16 minutes into the 2nd quarter that led to a goal from Orchard. I reckon it travelled 90 metres but if anyone reckons it went further I won't argue.

Let's spare a thought for the losers. What about the one-hit wonder, Fevola. What a dud.
And let's not forget they were without the infamous Jawbreaker Murphy who is still sidelined with that well-deserved knee injury and the Full Back Of Last Century who was taking a much-needed kerosene bath. What about the brilliant last quarter effort of Lance "Who Ate All The Donuts" Whitnall who almost singlehandedly turned the game in that spirited Blues fightback ... NOT.

And where were all those strutting arrogant Blue fans at the end of the game who were so fond of giving us crap in those dim dark olden days (last century, last millenium). Don't tell me they were the ones streaming out of the ground long before the match was over! They reckon there was 82,000 at the match, but there was only 60,000 at the end. All Collingwood supporters. I've never seen such a glorious sight as all those delirious Magpie fans walking out of the McG on March 26, 2000.

------------------
**floreat pica**

Bill Banks 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2000 9:06 pm

Fantastic effort, by the sounds of it. I am wearing my official Collingwood shirt in Tiberias (Israel) tonight.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: