Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Carlscum website

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lozza 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2000 4:39 pm
Post subject: Carlscum websiteReply with quote

If you want to have a bit of a laugh, go to the Carlton website and read the match report from Garrie Hutchinson (26/3/2000).

It just makes it all the more sweeter!!!!!!!!

I don't think I have ever sung the theme song so many times as I did after the game yesterday. Playing the anthem full blast driving down Punt Rd was a beautiful thing. I can't believe how good it feels to not only beat those bastards from Princes Park, but to give them an absolute shallacking!!!!

I know that climaxing during a root is a great feeling, but gee yesterday.......well let me just say that is was just MAG****INIFICENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
Long Live Collingwood!!!

Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2000 5:08 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Lozza,

I could never bring myself to visit any Carlscum web page !
Hey, do us a favor - could ya copy and paste it to this post. I still would not mind a bit of a laugh at Carlscum's expense

------------------
Tony_Clemente@hotmail.com
www.netspace.net.au/~clemo
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2000 1:29 pm

Can I just say, isn't it great to laugh in the faces of Carlton supporters, and listen say how good they think Collingwood is!!!!

------------------
CARN THE PIES!!!!!
Collingwood is all about togetherness. "We live or die as a side," Buckley said. "Everything we do now is as a team."
Lozza 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2000 9:57 am

Clemo,

Here you go...

Carlton v Collingwood
Match Report from Garrie Hutchinson

There’s a famous quotation to the effect that those who don’t understand history are condemned to repeat it; obviously this scribe failed to understand that football history is quite a different kettle of fish.

Statistical history said we couldn’t lose to Collingwood, and recent history said that we kicked 22 goals every time we went out onto the park. What I for one failed to understand was that those historical facts have nothing at all to do with what happens the minute the team crosses the white boundary line.

I reckon the history I failed to understand was from last season where both terrific (and dismal) performances were often followed by the opposite, that is what was consistent was our inconsistency.

Against Collingwood in front of a vast crowd of 82,000 the team appeared to be flat rather than pumped up. Perhaps in keeping a lid on it we had gone off the boil. It was hot and humid watching, perhaps that factor has finally caught up with the players.

Three goals behind after less than five minutes’ play was not in the script, especially while we had magnificent seats on the wing in the Great Southern Stand we were surrounded by Collingwood children, waving flags in our faces, and screaming in a mind-piercing manner, and commenting in a worldly-wise fashion about great sporting events.

This passage before the bounce:

‘D’ja come to the cricket?’

‘Yeah.’

‘D’ja see India?’

‘Yeah,’

‘D’ja see the Pakis?’

‘Yeah.’

‘That was the time they chucked all that stuff on the ground.’

‘Yeah.’

‘I said keep doin’ that and you’ll go home in a divvy van.’

‘Yeah’

‘Didn’t see much of the cricket that day.’

‘Nahh.’

These kids were about ten. But their mother was reading a cipy of Shares magazine instead of the Record - that’s what the footy hjads come to, at least for some new Magpie supprters.

As you can tell I’m avoiding writing about the game. It was pretty woeful, really, and there was not a single player who won his spot all day, and only one, Lance Whitnall that was still going at the end.

A few had moments - Lappin had a good five minutes towards the end of the first quarter, which might have turned Carlton’s feelings around, if not our eventual fortune if he had have kicked straight.

Andrew McKay motored around efficiently, but was for the first time ever, caught with the ball. Aaron Hamill looked good in the first quarter and a bit, but seemed to cop a knock, and later to find himself in the ruck Craig Bradley ran far and wide and deep getting kicks, but he, along with everyone else seemed to be under pressure..

We won the hit outs, and according to the scoreboard broken pretty even on centre clearances, though that is not how it looked to me. I felt we were being murdered in the middle, and that our on-ballers, Camporeale, Ratten, Brown were a long way down on possession this week - though I write this in the deep blues after the game without benefit of official stats.

If the runners and half backs don’t get clean possession and have the time and poise to deliver to Whitnall and Hamill, with Lappin and Hulme at their feet, and occasionally kicking goals themselves, we’re doomed to kick less than the optimum 18 or 19 goals.

Camporeale was the only non-forward/crumber to kick a goal. Admittedly there were 32 scoring shots but it was scoring under pressure,.

The backline let in 40 scoring shots, and were unable toi cope with the ball coming in so quickly to the Collingwood forward line.

One telling statistic which appeared on the MCG scoreboard at three quarter time, was ‘hard ball gets’ which Collingwood won 49 to 15. That is awful.

In the basketball like way that hot weather football seems to be played - where one team gets possession, and runs the ball to the other end, and scores, it is essential that you don’t turn the ball over without scoring. Unfortunately that is just what Carlton did, time after time. Skill errors, judgement errors, just plain old stuff-ups, that was the real story of the day.

Let’s just put this one down to experience, as a wake up call that the season is now fair dinkum. Maybe David Parkin’s words - about A and B grade sides from last years Collingwood game still hold true.

-------------------------------------------

Pretty good stuff eh?

------------------
Long Live Collingwood!!!

Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2000 3:23 pm

Lozza,

That guy who wrote that crap is an out and out Tosser !

------------------
Tony_Clemente@hotmail.com
www.netspace.net.au/~clemo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: