Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Collingwood Vs Carlton

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neil Appleby 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2000 3:48 pm
Post subject: Collingwood Vs CarltonReply with quote

I nearly didn't go today!
Thought it would be a good day in the garden but at about 12 I got twitchy and thought the boys could do with my support...I expected a thrashing..I just got it the wrong way around.
Couldn't find the family so spent the first quarter under the GSStand in standing-room.
Could only see half the ground....but i was the only magpie making any noise...a Carlton rough suggested I shut up about the umpiring so I left in search of a better perch.
Ended up on level 2A and with a couple of beers to help me went into a state of delirium as we just made them look geriatric in the second quarter. Carlton were under so much pressure that they continually coughed it up to the likes of O'Bree and Bucks both of whom were everywhere.
I agree Damien, I can't remember thrashing Carlton so convincingly and I don't think I've ever seen us apply such sustained, controlled agression at the ball.
One of Rowdy's tackles sent shock waves through the 'G.
After half time i located my family and immediately embarrassed them, as I settled back to aim verbals at the by now very quiet
crowd.Boy did I have a great time...and when we harassed Carlton to cough it up on our fifty allowing Bucks to swoop and kick another I went on to another cloud!
I'll sleep well.
The only black spot of the day?????Well guess who forgot to change the time on the video recorder with Daylight Saving finishing.....Did I roar when I got home and realised that i stuffed that up.
Think I'll buy that tape anyway.
Collingwood fans around the globe smile today...they were magnificent.
All the experts bar none selected the Blues...they all said we'd beaten no-one and that Carlton would show us just where we stand!
Well, top of the ladder looks pretty good to me...now if only Freeo can stick it up Essendon tonight.
FLOREAT PICA!

Pie no sauce 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2000 6:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

goodonya Neill, wish I coulda seen it but I enjoyed the buzz with Nick and the boys.

I@n S 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2000 6:45 pm

Damn, Damn, Damn, Why didn't I go to the game. I was thinking we could win but not give them a thrashing. I was soupiest to play myself but I could not be bothered because it was only a pracky match. And it was against my old team that I hate. Hate going to the football by myself but I should have made an exception for this one.
I hate Channel 7 for not showing the whole game, mostly because there was over 80,000.

But its time to get to the best part for the day. The win Smile Listening to it on the radio I was thrilled. (I feel sorry for all the Carlton supporters in my street) NOT lol
Recorded the high lights on channel REX, and noticed that we look to have the best defence in the League. I know it’s only round 3 but I'm excited.

Bring on Essendon and North.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!GO THE PIES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Broadie 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2000 7:58 am

I seem to have fallen asleep upon arriving at the MCG yesterday.

My dream involved our reserves winning by 2 points after a Carlton kick-for-goal AFTER the siren went OUT OF BOUNDS on the full.

To top it off I dreamt a fast-running, hard tackling, goal-kicking machine that obliterated a tired, slow, old Carlton.

Someone had better wak me soon, as I have to be at work by 8am Monday.
Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2000 9:25 am

Broadie,

You also forgot to mention the Pies winning in both the Little League and the Pies vs Carlscum Grand Tourismo II competition.

Go Pies !

------------------
Tony_Clemente@hotmail.com
www.netspace.net.au/~clemo
2 PIES IN CAIRNS Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2000 12:14 pm

Neil, If you don't get any offers from anyone closer, I can send you the tape of the Carlton caning . Shame 7 went to their news instead of seeing the boys in the rooms singing the song. Never mind, The final score is worth staring at for quite some time. You can email me your address at pds@primus.com.au and I'll be happy to send the tape to you (after we watch it another 5 or 6 times)

GO PIES
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2000 12:44 pm

I'll buy it off you!!! If its the full thing!
Neil Appleby 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2000 4:08 pm

Hey Magpie Greg, you read my mind. As I drove to work today (not even the usual traffic jam on The Eastern could dampen my spirits) I day dreamed back to the best times I'd ever had at the footy.
Here they are:
1969 Collingwood thrashes Carlton at Princes Park. My brother and I sit in the Carlton stand and really get up their noses as we belt the crap out of them ....literally!
I think there were 7 reports in that game...including a great pole-axing of Big Nick.
1975?? Collingwood vs StKilda at Moorabin.
Phil Carman plays the best game of footy I've ever seen.
1990 Collingwood vs Essendon 2nd Semi
Collingwood belts the Bombers and sends shock waves through the AFL.
That was the last time I remember cutting loose at the footy until yesterday.On that day I wasn't asked to leave the members as I was yesterday but almost caused my brother in law to lose his teeth as two enormous bomber fans, beligerent and drunk (is there any other kind) wanted to belt my face in because I wouldn't shut up when kickett stuffed up allowing Scotty russell to boot the goal that opened the flood gates.
Yesterday felt just as good because of who we beat.
PS Good Old Collingwood Forever belted out across the Eastern Suburbs at 9 this morning!!
I substituted the classical tape which usually plays as our school bell.
The Carlton kids(very cocky on Friday) were very quiet.
Just In: Mike Sheehan devotes whole article to praise Collingwood....I think I'm dreaming too Broadie.
Ps Nick; I think it's about time to re-invent our club's latin motto....I've been thinking this for a while...it only appears now on the Club doors and on Doug's(?) posts.
May The Magpies Prosper.....let's get it up on yopur home page under the magpie....and you too Doug ....let's see it on your page too....and on the Magpie Rant...and what about on the front page of Hot Pies.
Now before I finish......butt out Joel!
Thanks "Two Pies in Cairns I'll certainly be in touch.....hope you can make copies....may be a profit in it for ya!!!

PieGirl39 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2000 7:58 am

You wouldn't believe it... virtually the moment I walked into the 'G (about 11am) for the Carlton match, I came down with some kind of 24-hour virus... I ended up lying on the grass between Swan St and the bus park / footbridge for well over an hour... maybe you saw me!! (I was that one who looked like a druggo or alco or homeless person). And when I couldn't even walk... well I had to go home... and miss the most fantastic victories by Collingwood for ages!!!! It sucked, I can tell you ... someone up there was conspiring against me on sunday...
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2000 12:53 pm

Hey Neil! I'm sure their will be nough for everybody. And if you get too man orders, I repeat, I will buy it!
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2000 5:37 pm

BRING ON SYD-ENY!!!! I think we can take it upto Sydney, lets hope for a repeat performance!
Neil Appleby 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2000 7:12 pm

Doug, that's what I meant!
Collingwood's official latin motto has always been 'Floreat Pica' and translated means...May the Magpies Prosper.
I just think young supporters should know some of our history and it would be a shame for it to die out.
A little trivia question.
There is a pub in Melbourne still open for business that housed the first ever meeting of the future Collingwood Football Club.
What is the pub and where is it?

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2000 6:35 am

Grace Darling Hotel, Smith Street.

Next question?

------------------
**floreat pica**

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2000 7:02 pm

My first thought about the pub was that it was the Grace Darling (is it Gowings restaurant now?), and that Alf Andrews would be the first to post a reply. Your next question Alf is, Who else was at the meeting besdies you?
Neil Appleby 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2000 6:14 am

The Gowings family sold out some years back and the pub has lost its position as a terrific restaurant and wine bar.
Nice place for a drink though in front of the open fire after work, but gets busy on Fridays.
OK now back to you Mr Andrews.....and you're not allowed to drive down to ask them....i'm testing your collingwood historical knowledge here.
What evidence remains in The Grace Darling Hotel of Collingwood's history?
(Nice reply on the Sydney topic too Alf.)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: