Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

We will probably keep on losing for a while.....

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

View previous topic :: View next topic  
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2000 12:01 pm
Post subject: We will probably keep on losing for a while.....Reply with quote

I just got back from Oz, and saw the Port Adelaide game, my first live one for 2 years or so. Haven't read others' comments but two things stood out for me.

1. Our disposal is absolutley pitiful across the team as a whole. I lost count of the number of times our guys hit the Port players on the chest, lace up, when heading forward under no pressure (or very little). PA the nraced forward on the rebound. We never looked like winning against what to me seemed like a very average side in PA. Whoever our No:18 is should have got 3 votes in the PA Best and Fairest!
2. A lot of our blokes looked very light and were easily brushed out of contests. They need to develop a bit more, which is something I recall MM doing with the Weagles between seasons 90 and 91. (Remember the steroid claims etc). I noticed a few of our blokes being a little timid in their approach to the ball on occasions. Contrast this to Gavin Brown!

On the plus side, a few of the young blokes looked like they could play, but I'd say on the evidence before me, we need to find another half a side of real goers.

One other point I'd like to make. When are the AFL cretins going to put two goal umpires at each end, and have them work like the blokes at a rugby league/union match. The cockups at the PA game were pretty obvious. Before you call the 'tradition' line, the AFL have not given two poos about tradition before. Continuing with the present system will cost someone a flag one day!

Just heard the Melbourne score. No joy there. I'm off for a game of cricket, and can hopefully knock a few poms on the head with a 5.5 ounce missile.

Have a good one!
ELVIS 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2000 12:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by London Dave:
I just got back from Oz, and saw the Port Adelaide game, my first live one for 2 years or so. Haven't read others' comments but two things stood out for me.

1. Our disposal is absolutley pitiful across the team as a whole. I lost count of the number of times our guys hit the Port players on the chest, lace up, when heading forward under no pressure (or very little). PA the nraced forward on the rebound. We never looked like winning against what to me seemed like a very average side in PA. Whoever our No:18 is should have got 3 votes in the PA Best and Fairest!
2. A lot of our blokes looked very light and were easily brushed out of contests. They need to develop a bit more, which is something I recall MM doing with the Weagles between seasons 90 and 91. (Remember the steroid claims etc). I noticed a few of our blokes being a little timid in their approach to the ball on occasions. Contrast this to Gavin Brown!

On the plus side, a few of the young blokes looked like they could play, but I'd say on the evidence before me, we need to find another half a side of real goers.

One other point I'd like to make. When are the AFL cretins going to put two goal umpires at each end, and have them work like the blokes at a rugby league/union match. The cockups at the PA game were pretty obvious. Before you call the 'tradition' line, the AFL have not given two poos about tradition before. Continuing with the present system will cost someone a flag one day!

Just heard the Melbourne score. No joy there. I'm off for a game of cricket, and can hopefully knock a few poms on the head with a 5.5 ounce missile.

Have a good one!

Your right about the young blokes weight it can be seen in the ruck we are really failing there plus we don't have a full forward . Don't get me wrong Tarrant is going great but we need a bigger man in that spot, with Tarrant in the pocket. I think Sav. should be playing regardless of form for his height and the opposition would never know whether he would fire or not thus taking out there backman(men)I will be watching the 2's tommorrow and hopefully have a win. I have arranged to meet the players after the match and may get a bit of insight. so don't be cruel and go pies!!

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2000 9:01 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Elvis,
I agree with your call about Tarrant. He looks a real goer and has a bit of mongrel about him. Why Sav gets dropped is beyond me? It's obvious from my distant vantage point he is the best option at FF. I was just commenting on the crap disposal by a lot of our guys, with 18 being consistently crap.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: