Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Collingwood '00 & Geelong '99

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ytry4 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2000 11:13 am
Post subject: Collingwood '00 & Geelong '99Reply with quote

Has anyone been able to see the parallels between last years Geelong team and this years Collingwood team?

Last year Geelong won their first 5 games, just like us, and then lost their next 9, same as Collingwood. In Geelong's game after the 9 losses they met us, a struggling club, and then they got back on the winners list. Now, St Kilda is the struggling club and we play them after our 9 losses in a row. I should point out that I do not believe in superstitions, but it may give some of you fellow supporters some relief. We should win anyway, even if there weren't parallels between the two teams!

[This message has been edited by ytry4 (edited 14 June 2000).]

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2000 7:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Such optimism.

Nah, we'll leave Geelong for dead. 17-in-a-row. No risk. St.Kilda is due for another win.

Sorry to be such a misery guts, but you know how the old saying goes, "nine times bitten, ten times shy", or something like that.

Someone please drop the bomb and end this horrible, horrible season.

------------------
**floreat pica**

Neil Appleby 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2000 11:29 am

Gee, I'm as sick of watching us lose as everyone else,but I'm not about to join the whingers and whiners who want to sack the coach for god's sake.
We quickly forget the optimism of 3 months ago don't we?
Those of us the G after the Carlton game couldn't contain our joy....the whole place erupted.
If my 76 year old mum can still turn up and hope (and not bag the players or the coach)
then so can we.
The players, the young ones especially must be demoralised at present; they don't need
people complaining ad nauseum.
We will turn the corner soon;next year's not
that far off and things don't change overnight.
This time last year we were hopeful we'd see some improvement this year. We have...1 game so far. The seeds have been sown on and off the field.Next year and beyond is the realistic ask.
Alf.....you need a holiday; it sounds like it's getting too much for you.
Floreat Pica!
Having said all that,if we lose tonight I'm going to demand my money back!

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2000 8:50 pm

Neil, I'm counting down the weeks. Only 7 more games to go and season 2000 is over.

You bloody beauty!!!

Then I'll have that holiday. A nice long football-free summer. No more pampered prima-donnas. No more media overkill. No more F-ing football.

Yesssssssssss!

------------------
**floreat pica**

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2000 12:46 pm

Its something like 7 months without footy, I can't handle that! I will have to buy some more footy tapes and watch the old ones about 50 times.

Noooooooooooo!

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2000 3:23 pm

oh my god Alf how can u say that! The off- season is absolute torture we may as well die till footy comes back. The only cool thing about the summer break is hearing all the goss from the end of season trips and going to pre-season training while we count down the days till footy comes back!

#8 RoCkS
Go RiCkY!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: