Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Collingwood Vs Adelaide

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neil Appleby 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2000 11:42 am
Post subject: Collingwood Vs AdelaideReply with quote

Holidaying on the NSW coast - no tv coverage, no radio coverage
not even a radio station on-line.
Thank god I thought of you Nick; great stuff - i didn't know you used a direct Channel 7 commentary link.
I also tried to get into the chat room, but kept stuffing up.
I had nicknames of NO/Hi/Apples but couldn't work it.
Is it just me or so we need some instructions on this page?
Well, one observation on the game apart from from the second week in a row, seeing us lose but seeing plenty of young talent;
how often did we go into the forward line today only to have it rebound immediately?
Does anyone here still want to keep Sav?????????
I hope I hear a deafening silence.
Forget supporting him because of this and that.
The guy is a passenger and is being played only to fool some unsuspecting club in say, Tassie, to take him on.
I say offer a package of Sav, Willo, McKee and Wasley.
Sav must be in a package with Willo.....that way someone will take them.
We then go for a couple more young stars of the future.
I have every confidence in Malthouse and our recruiters to do some good deals this year.
Thanks again Nick for the great coverage!

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2000 12:26 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you there Neil (on Sav). I thought he was absolutely shithouse today. He hardly moves a muscle out there, can't bend down to pick up the ball and only marks it occasionally when it is kicked directly into his chest. The Rocca brothers make me furious week in week out especially when they miss goals at a crucial part in the game. I say trade the both of them! The only thing they have going for them is the Rocca name. I wouldn't trade Willo though.

I wanna know why Ben Kinnear was put in the side and what has happened to Tyson Lane and Craig Jacotine this year they played a heap of senior games last year. Also why was Bagga taken out of the side???

Now onto the positives i reckon Leon Davis did a great job same with little Shawry, Ben Johnson showed something and Nick Davis shocked me and actually played a pretty good one.

#8 RoCkS
Go RiCkY!

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2000 12:28 am

................................................................................................................................................ Hear that, Neil? That's my deafening silence.

Yeah, we need to get rid of the dead wood from this team. I've kept quiet about Sav lately because it doesn't seem to politically correct to attack him. For some reason he's become a kind of sacred cow. I can't for the life of me see why. Even when he was at his best he was inconsistent. Now he's just a waste of space.

(Just wait for all the hate mail on that little outburst)

Hell I'm sick of losing. And Sav belongs to the era when Collingwood were the easybeats of the AFL. And as long as we can find a place for Sav in our line-up we'll continue to be the easybeats of the AFL. His effort against Adelaide was tragic. He did a couple of good things, mind you, but he's not a key forward's bootlace. We'd be better of playing with 17 men on the field. At least we'd save on the salary cap.

His effort was almost as bad as his game against Frankston a few weeks ago. And what was his reward for making a buffoon of himself against Frankston? He got promoted back into the seniors. Work that one out, if you can.

Our forward set-up continues to be on the nose. Our star goal-kicker in the first quarter was Nick Davis, for God's sake!

All right. All right. I know I should try to be positive.

What would you like: Hep C positive, or HIV positive?

Maybe a good dose of Legionella is what this club needs to put it out of its misery.

------------------
**floreat pica**

ytry4 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2000 1:41 am

How about Leon 'Neon' Davis' performance on Sunday? He kicked a few good goals and definitely has silky skills, contrary to Alf's thoughts about him.

------------------
Ask not what your club can do for you. Ask what you can do for your club.

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2000 4:02 am

Leon Davis has played really well the last two matches. And his disposal skills have shown a sudden dramatic improvement.

But my comments about him after the St.Kilda match were spot on AT THE TIME. At that stage he was getting a lot of the ball and then turning it over.

I'm not sure what's brought about this sudden dramatic improvement. I'd like to think he read my comments and deliberately set out to prove me wrong. But that's probably getting a bit carried away.

He continues to improve with every game, which seems to answer a question I posed earlier as to whether a player's disposal skills improved with AFL experience or whether a player should already have those skills by the time he becomes an AFL player. I simply posed that question after the St.Kilda match. It was a question ... not a statement of fact.

------------------
**floreat pica**

Broadie 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2000 5:15 am

I'm beginning to wonder if certain players are reading this BB...

Neon gets a bagging from Alf...turns on 2 very good games

Nicky is traded by a few others on the BB...plays just about his best game for the club

Now for the problem with the theory: Sav. Maybe he can't read. He certainly couldn't lead or bend yesterday. Has he had a solid rod inserted in his spine without our knowledge? I have defended him many times, but yesterday his leads were so early that he could have tackled the player kicking to him.

At least we didn't completely disappear after half-time like we have so many times in the past 6-7 weeks (we already disappeared in the 2nd quarter).

To top it all off, this morning's AGE has an article saying that GEHRIG will be a direct swap with BELL: http://www.theage.com.au/sport/20000703/A47735-2000Jul2.html

Why would ANY club want Sav at the moment?
Mr_Plow 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2000 7:23 am

should any club want Gehrig???????

i dont know how bad Sav went this week but i can assure you, Gehrig WAS worse!!!!

NICK THE PIE MAN 

Nick's BB veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2000 12:04 pm

Hey! i'll take Gehrig!
he didn't have a good week this week, but this year he is in the top 5 goal kickers. bloody sav is giving me the shits, she need a change
*miss_magpie* Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2000 4:27 pm

couldn't hurt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: