Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Another season, another scarf.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2000 4:44 am
Post subject: Another season, another scarf.Reply with quote

This scarf made it all the way from round four until round 22. Oh well, I have kept my scarf average then, one season, one scarf. Being going on for four years now. Two scarves have been sacrificed to Carlton games (one glorious win, one miserable loss) and another to the first ever Port Adeliade game (geez what a day that was).

Unfortunately this scarf never made it to the MCG on Saturday (well not with me anyway) it was left in the beer garden of the Cricketers Arms, about 1:30. I was out there with Joffa, JLC, Emma and a few more of the faithful. The boss of the pub, in his infinite wisdom, decided that we were too loud to be in the bar and were banished to the beer garden early. Actually we were also too loud for him out in the beer garden. In fact, we almost all got thrown out of the pub, before the game! All we were doing was getting the most out of our last game of the season! Everyone was in reasonable fine spirits (well most of us were drinking beer, but you know what I mean).

In retaliation to the threat to toss us out, we greeted every Essendon supporter who ventured into the beer garden with glares and songs. Only one bothered to brave the beer garden (besides one of Joffa's or Tim's mates, who got thrown out for baiting RUGBY supporters [rememeber the Wannabies were playing the All Blacks on the Tele just before Saturday's game]) and that was to sit with his Collingwood mates who were already sitting down.

Some guy ventured into sight with a Newcastle strip and was greeted with a NEWCASTLE NEWCASTLE chant (Joffa, did a solo of SHEARER SHEARER too).

Around one, you could have blown me over when Jeremy Sharpen strolled into the beer garden and straight up to us (well Joffa actually but I was standing with him at the time. Nice bloke, had a few beers with us and a long chat and he headed off to the game with Joffa when it was time to go. Now wonder Joffa was always saying he was a legend. Good luck in the future Jezza!

Well it soon came time for us to meet up with Bendigo people who had our Pavillion passes. I was very exuberant and full of well being by the time I got to Gate 2. It had been a great warm up, surely I was impervious to what I thought I was about to witness.

Got our seats in time, second row from the fence, in the shade, cool.

Everyone knows about the game so no need to go into too much. Needless to say, I was not reserved and gratious while we were leading in the first half. The Essendon MCC members around me got a bit of a dose. I tried to join in the chants emanating from the Ponsford stand but it was hard, as I was doing it solo. So I had to centent myself with audible beauties, like ruminating aloud about Hird's penis related buttock injury and the like.

I took the third quarter in a bar. Those three goals in four minutes were the difference. Else I was real prooud of the lads. And cheered them on, back in my seat, for the fourth quarter.

Got as close as I could to the race, as the Gav's got chaired off. Strolled across the ground, thinking what could have been.

Met up with Joffa (and Tim) sitting glumly outside the ground. Tim had been tossed out in the 3rd, Joffa in the 4th. Bad luck guys, see ya next year.

CARN THE PIES!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: