Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Collingwood V Hawthorn

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2001 11:54 am
Post subject: Collingwood V HawthornReply with quote

What is everybodies thoughts on the game today?

Thought we did well. Unforntuntely I was unable to go because of school work, but listened on the radio. The Hawks are considered top 4 material...it didn't show today.

However, there were too many goals missed and we would have won if we had not missed so many. Some good signs, the pressure applied against the Hawks brings to the fore an achillies heel in their side.

Rawlings massacred Anthony...hmmmm, not sure what to think of Anthony, he is playing soooo bad. Kicked a goal but he was lucky to kick it.

Mollloy did us proud, Buckley went missing for a quarter but was good for the rest of the game. Fraser and co. all played well and it was a good first up game from Rintoul.

I could go on but I gotta go.

ytry4 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2001 3:10 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Think about this... if only we had one of those many behinds we kicked, as a goal, we would have won, and deservedly so...

The umpiring was just difficult to follow. They made TOO MANY decisions on little stuff, but ignored some obvious stuff. They are just umpring teams out of games at times. Although this time both teams suffered from bad umpiring, it still should not happen, particularly when the AFL have just increased umpire wages. I mean, what was that N Holland decision for? but luckily he missed... what a loser! lol

Anyway, I believe we are better than most people are giving us credit for, like Hermit Brereton.

Go PIES 2001

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2001 3:33 pm

I, too, found the umpiring bewildering. But I wouldn't like to blame them, as such, for our loss.

I just think all those annoying turnovers, that are STILL a huge part of our game, have cost us dearly.
And players getting run down and caught holding-the-ball when they've had a bloody fortnight to do something constructive with the damn thing. Was it my imagination or did Shaw get caught twice within a couple of minutes?

Molloy was fantastic. Courageous. Constructive. Opportunistic. Where has this guy been all our lives?

I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY liked the effort of Lonie in defence.

Buckley looked injured to me. And his kicking was terrible.

Anyway ... I'm missing The Bill.

See y'all

**floreat pica**

foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2001 4:09 pm

i won't talk about the game, primarily because i'm still a bit pissed off with the fact that we should've won by at least 3 goals. instead, i thought i'd talk about the cheer squad's efforts. i was sitting right beside the cheer squad guys & gals, and thought the rest of the collingwood members in the 2nd tier took a while to get used to all the singing and shouting...but midway through the 3rd quarter, when we were firing, i reckon the supporter intensity really climaxed. it was also great having another mini cheer-squad on the bottom level; there was some great interraction between the two going on. i reckon the cheer squad should persist with the singing - it'll sound great once you get HEAPS of people singing.

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2001 8:01 pm

Good call, Foxy, about the Cheer Squad.

I actually thought we were very quiet in the first half, but improved noticably thereafter. But, unfortunately, the Cheer Squad still has a few members who think it's OK to be in the Cheer Squad without actually CHEERING.

Why do you think it's called a CHEER Squad?

I was a bit worried that "You'll Never Walk Alone" seemed to go down like the proverbial turd in the punch when we first attempted it, early in the game. By the end, however, there were a few more joining in ... so, hopefully, the momentum will build as the season goes on. Likewise for "Que Sera Sera".
We've just gotta keep at it. Rome wasn't built in a day ... and the Ponsford will not become the Kop in a day either.

"Everywhere we go" seems to be catching on well within the Cheer Squad itself. What we need now is for it to spread to the crowd behind us and either side of us.

softlee softlee catchee monkee

A couple of those "Collingwood (clap clap clap)" chants were bloody awesome today. And "Let's Go, Magpies, Let's Go" is generally working well.

But overall, it was a disappointing effort from the Collingwood faithful. And who knows. With the result so close, maybe it was our lack of voice that cost Collingwood the match.

THINK ABOUT IT!!!!

Hang in there, Cheer Squad ... we're gunna be the best ... one day.

And Foxy ... I hope you were joining in!!!!

**floreat pica**

[This message has been edited by AlfAndrews (edited 01 April 2001).]

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2001 8:10 pm

OUTER CHEERSQUAD WHIPPED YA ARSES hehehehehheehhehehhehee

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2001 8:42 pm

In your dreams, Spidey ... In your dreams ...

**floreat pica**

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2001 2:42 am

Foxy, haven't heard from you for ages.

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2001 3:08 am

Hey Alf
I read your post with interest i'd like to know how many members the cheer sqaud has i mean officially the numbers seem to be most dissapointing and i wonder just maybe there still waiting for there cheer squad membership before actually sitting with us as my self and emma still havn't recieved anything as yet.

If anyone happens to read this if you have joined and are waiting for your membership by all means please come and sit with us we've got to get this thing running as qickly as possible.

I thought with the small number of people we had yesterday it went ok when you take into account the stinken heat.
And spidez i had a good long talk with cameron yesterday and it was decided that the days of bagging one another are long behind us and it would be better if we all put our efforts behind the collingwood footy club,cameron did make it clear he would not be joining us but gave me his word he will not disrupt or start petty bitch fights and the same applies to my self.

Im confident Alf the singing will catch on it's just a matter of time
like you said late into the game 'you'll never walk alone' came across ok,But once the squad is confirmed so to speak and the others who like to sit in the vicinity see what we are on about i think it will work very well.It wont be through lack of trying i can promise you and thanks for your help Alf it is a godsend.
GO THOSE MIGHTY MAGPIES!!!

There is nothing in life greater, than to be a supporter of our beloved collingwood football club,we must remain united,we must stand tall,we must be prepared to fight for our glorious black and white for we are the ENVY OF ALL NATIONS.'YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE'
http://www.mp3.com/joffa

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2001 2:38 pm

ha! no alf u weren't dreaming shaw did get caught twice, my dad was telling me about it when i got home.
around the grounds showed the end of the game, farkin wakelin farked up but i think that was just a bit of bad luck. oh well we've lost now.
collingwood want to move our game from colonihole to the G, AS IF its gonna get full. it will probably be that empty (no freo!)we will be allowed in the ground level seats.

Broadie 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2001 3:55 am

I can't believe how positive and cheerful everyone is. This makes me ill.

WE LOST.

I, for one, am sick of losing, particularly a game we had many chances to win.

Yes, there were positive signs in Molloy, Fraser, Lonie, Burns, Tarrant, Rintoul and Richo.

BUT we still gave the game away with a ludicrous amount of turnovers - especially when we were not under heavy pressure - and a forward line severely lacking in movement (did we ditch the wrong Rocca?). At least we can look forward to the davis brothers helping to fix this.

We controlled (or should I say possessed) too much of the ball to bring this tye of result. I almost cried several times in the final quarter when we had clear possession on the wing, but had to hold up play because there was either no movement or too many Hawk jumpers there already.

YES, there were positive signs, but our skills our still far too low. We should never have lost this game.

I'm pissed off about losing...you should be too.

Broadie
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2001 4:39 am

well i wasnt there but if i had have been then i probably would be really pissed off, just by the scores whats this 15 points bullshit? (or whatever it was when it finished)

magpie24 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2001 4:56 am

Totally agree Broadie.This depressed feeling every Monday is starting to shit me.

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2001 6:43 am

well BroAdie the thing is it was a beautiful sunny day with a nice Saturday game with the Pies at the G plus the real footys finally back and we were reunited with our Magpie family yet again thats why its hard to be that negative because apart from losing it was a great day. On the actual game but YES IT WAS FU@KING SHITHOUSE AND PIES SHOULD HAVE WON! ACCEPTING A LOSS IS BULLSH!T i agree but i will tell u now them umpires r ***t in the head i went to 2 other games after Pies this weekend and farking hell the umps r spoiling our game it will B interesting to see wot they say about the umpiring standards on Talking Footy this week! Obviously unpiring is no excuse but when it comes down to just four points u have to be upset.

[This message has been edited by Spidergirl (edited 02 April 2001).]

Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2001 4:07 pm

Sorry,

I'm having trouble taking that loss. Collingwood did not lose to Hawthorn - they lost to Collingwood....they were their own worst enemy (well close to it - if you did not take the white maagots in to account). I'm afraid we just found more ways to lose a game. Some of our disposals were abysmal, especially our kicking at times left alot to be desired, not to mention some of our handballs. Many of our turnovers resulted in goals. Too many times they took the wrong option. But, I hope they will learn from it and rebound against Freo.

Foxy - good ta c ya back.

Collingwood Forever !
Tony_Clemente@hotmail.com
www.netspace.net.au/~clemo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: