Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Essendon have all the luck...........=[

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

View previous topic :: View next topic  
I@n S 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2001 12:46 pm
Post subject: Essendon have all the luck...........=[Reply with quote

Essendon are so lucky to win that game. They had blind kicks and they went to staight to their players. Talk about having all the luck. Even my Dad who doesn't follow football was saying " How lucky are they?!!" Anyway it was a great game and we played very well. Should have won though. We started droping that ball when it counted like we did all game agaist Richmond. Even Kevin said we are under rated.

Great effort Pies

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2001 4:15 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Never saw the game (for obvious reasons) but an old cricket coach of mine used to say the more you practice, the luckier you get!

Keep in mind we are still a young team, and in patches (heard the first half with Nicks and ABC) we were awesome. Lonies goal must have raised the bloody roof!!! Can't wait to see it. Good wine takes time!

MagpieMark 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2001 5:16 pm

I agree with you guys, and have to get this post down before I explode with passion, dissappointment but pride.

They did have some luck but we did OK. I saw the game and tried to give commentary on the chat channel for our faithful and was getting a bit too overboard at some stages. That was becasue of the brilliance our players showed in patches, eg Lonie's goal..Anybody else think that he klooks like one of those 1920's style players with his hair and shorts ?

Essendon got at least 6 of thier goals through our mistakes, which means we lost that game rather than them winning it.

For me its heartbreaking but light at the end of the tunnel. Am I overreacting ?

BUt I wish I was at the MCG so i could scream my lungs out and cheer on our guys and tell James Tird what I think of him.

GO the Pies

MagpieMark

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2001 5:27 pm

We're actually getting there. After all the seasons of disappointment, I can actually say and believe that all we need do now is polish and hone what we have. And we do have something worth polishing at last.

Look at the average age of these guys and figure out just how long we can build around this team. If Essendon were the team of all time last season, they're not going to be for very long.

Every game that Collingwood has played this year has contained moments when it looked as though we going to break and run away with it. It's only actually happened once so far, but that threat is going to become more and more a reality with every game these guys get under their belts.

The future is looking good - and I can actually say that without crossing my fingers.

Mark, your commentary was great. Don't worry about being over excited, it happens to the best.

I@n S 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2001 8:53 pm

Yeah good points. 6 of them where from our mistakes but I still say they had a lot of luck. EG not knowing where they are kicking the ball and still getting it to a forward.
But you know what they say. 'In football you make your own luck'
Magpie Mark your not overreacting. London Dave you'll have to see the game mate WE WHERE AMAZING EVEN THOUGH WE LOST
At my Cricket presentation night, even a Carl scum fan said, " I wish Collingwood won" The word Wish. Bloody hell!!!
Lonie's goals from all the matches he’s played in are 1st class.
And the one against Essendon, Man what a run from the back line.
Looking forward to trashing the Carl Scum on Sunday

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: