Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Anzac Day

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neil Appleby 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2002 1:26 am
Post subject: Anzac DayReply with quote

Thanks Nick and Mike,
You score board is worth it's weight in gold more than ever.
Living in Kuwait now and thanks to the greed of the AFL there is no way to hear an on line broadcast of the match unless a family member doesn't attend the game and can place a microphone next to the radio!!
I would be lost without your scoreboard guys so thanks again!!
By the way, my Collingwood Emirates 2001 member's cap is a prized item here; have had many offers for it.
A little aside: My Kuwaiti students have been striving for 10 months to receive the highest possible mark for their project work...that is A+. This highest possible honour is nick named The Nathan Buckley Award. My students don't know much about Aussie rules but they know Nathan is a super star and the award was finally given on the 24th to a delighted and very proud student....nice timing eh?? A little piece of nonsense but it just goes to prove that half a world away in as foreign a landscape as one could imagine, The Mighty Magpies are still doing it for me!
Cheers guys and keep up the hard work
Neil

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2002 3:34 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Neil!!!

That name hasn't been seen around here for a while.

It's good to see you (at least see your name) on the Bulletin Board again. Other than Clemo, we no longer see any of the originals any more and I often wonder what's happened to you all.

So it's great to hear that you're still actively guiding rooms full of youngsters in the right direction, even if you have moved your base 15,000 kms or so. You'll have to put some of them on the Bulletin Board and we'll polish up your training with a bit of Magpie passion.

SIB4897 Pisces

Moe HS & Karingal HS (Frankston) Old Boy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 3:34 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Neil, I hope you've now got the 2002 members cap. Think what that'll be worth when the Pies reach the Granny this year! My office in Manchester Town Hall has a large Collingwood poster proudly on display. A visitor walked past it recently and shouted Geelong were better, the cheek of it. It's up to us Magpies supporters to spread the word, we'll possibly be more famous than Man U one day...

Stephen Ives, Ashton-under-Lyne, near Manchester, England
(ex Frankston & Moe, Vic.)
Pie 'til I die
2002 Magpies Nest Member
Collingwood Football Club
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: