Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Match Report Coll v Aints

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ed healey 

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2002 4:46 pm
Post subject: Match Report Coll v AintsReply with quote

I had to listen to the ABC call first as Channel nine make us wait 3 hrs to watch it and i just cant wait that long,but the good thing about that is that with drew morphett missing most of the play the video shows all the bits he leaves out.
And as i had to start early saturday i didnt watch the tape until this afternoon and all the adverts got the fast forward treatment.
I hope all nines advertisers read this.
It may make nine show friday night footy a bit sooner.
Now for the game.
St Kilda were still out warming up with only 10 minutes to start time,and in the back ground the large lady was also warming up her tonsils.
Bucks actually patted her on the head and told her its ok to sing all night tonight.No need to wait.
the saints have been whinging about their list being decimated,my fantasy comp has got 19 players this week out of the 35,so what are the aints worried about?
Bounce down and its a test of strength and the flood is set in,Hayes pushes steiner in the back and gets a goal.
The possesions are very easy to earn,numbers dont mean much tonight,we rack up about 50 possesions before Burns goals and we hit the front and stay there.
Then Milne bitch slaps Bucks and Bucks seems to order 2 beers.
we kick a couple of points that should have been goals ,then a great grab by Wakes and 6 backwards and sideways kicks sees Lockyer goal,Then McKee dishes one out to Lonie for his customary goal on the run.Rocca marks and goals a minute later and its game over,flood beaten and the Aints a rabble.
28-7 at qtr time.
2nd qtr sees both teams do a fair bit of mucking around,untilLeon clears a floodpath and bombs a long goal.
Bucks gets reported for striking,umpire informs struck player and he says bullshit,eddie mcguire rings up team of QCs from the nine box.
Then Didak kicks the impossible sausage,Nick davis kicks 3 more in a row and its 63-9 at half time.
This is the flood where the flooder gets wettest it seems.
3rd qtr starts with Bucks on bench and the aints put thru 2 goals.
I think MM must have had a nap as the game was so boring but he awoke and put Bucks back on,Freeza snaps a goal and there is no more Aints goals for the day.
there is some more mucking around until Rocca and Bucks goal at the end of the qtr 84-26
Rocca starts the last qtr with a helicopter goal that seemed to amuse him
Brodie chops off a saints pass and goals,saints go forward a bit but our tackling is fierce and they get nowhere.
Nick davis gets on the end of a chain of hanballs and goals.
Rocca snaps another and then its just a bit of stuffing around for the final 5 minutes. 111-28
we get 4 points and 17% gain.
not a pretty game to watch,even harder to listen to on ABC,
i hope we dont get too many more friday games as i can see all the others live on 10 or fox footy.
votes
Rocca 2
Cloke 2
Licuria 2
Buckley 1
Johnson 1
n davis 1
mcgough 1
not really a good form guide as aints are ugly.
but you cant do more than win.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: