Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 8 Collingwood v Freo = D Day for Shawy

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 1999 7:06 am
Post subject: Round 8 Collingwood v Freo = D Day for ShawyReply with quote

It is looking highly unlikely that we will win a game until at least Round 8 when we play Freo. My guess is that if we were to lose that game, that would be the final straw and Shawy would be finished as coach. The Media pack are sinking the boots in more and more each day and it appears they are dtermined to bring the situation to a head. Of the unemployed or potential coaches group (I've heard all the names mentioned, Cloke, Balme, Alves, 'Daics' etc...) The only one who appeals is Dermie, however at the end of the day he has no experience, only a great reputation as a player, same as Shawy. Eddie, has constantly said that Shawy will be treated with the dignity that he deserves as a legend of the club, however, the way the media is feeding on us, it may be better to put him out of his misery, sooner rather than later. Maybe they'll put Balme in as caretaker until the end of the year when their might be a Malthouse or similar on the market (That appears unlikely at the moment though)

Damien.

PS: Daics was misquoted.
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 1999 10:23 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll put $50 on us winning one before round 8...
What is Balme's coaching experience apart from Melbourne?
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 1999 11:13 am

Bokka,
I hope you're right. I reckon if we are going to win one, Essendon's old Anzac Day hoodoo could be the omen. Sav might kick his usual six or eight against them...... I could be wrong but I think Balme might have got a flag or two in the SANFL, before coming to Melbourne. Don't get me wrong, I am not suggesting this is the course of action that should be taken, its just a theory.

------------------
Damien
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 1999 12:57 am

If that's true about Balme then that's encouraging. Which maybe suggests that melbourne just had a lousy list under him.
But then maybe that's true of Shaw also, so who knows? Although I've been to Collingwood games where I thought maybe *i* could of coached better, but then again that doens't nec mean much. Basically I'm going around in circles because I don't know what the answer is....

But anyway it sounded last week like we wre starting to develop some foot skills and Williams was getting back into it, and Burns is coming back - so I'd give us a good go against the dons.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: