Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

AFL disgraced in Essendon saga

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:46 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

This stinks to the high heaven. I just read the full report in The Australian and this is nothing short of an absolute disgrace! Evil or Very Mad

I mean James Hird given an all expenses paid holiday in Switzerland to do some trumped up expensive MBA. And on full pay!

No wonder people are leaving the footy in droves. I will not be going to any live matches while Dimmy remains in charge. How much is The Fuhrer getting paid again? Evil or Very Mad

WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:49 pm

I get the impression some would call for Dimi's head if he forgot to put sauce on his pie.

IMO there are few sports in the world as financially secure as the AFL - a domestic-only code in a country with a very small population that is played in one of the great stadiums of the world, that can command $1 billion in TV rights, where attendances at home-and-away games average over 50,000 and where elite players can set themselves up for life.

Credit where credit is due.
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:52 pm

collie dog wrote:
How much is The Fuhrer getting paid again?

Godwin's Law.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:56 pm

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
I get the impression some would call for Dimi's head if he forgot to put sauce on his pie.

IMO there are few sports in the world as financially secure as the AFL - a domestic-only code in a country with a very small population that is played in one of the great stadiums of the world, that can command $1 billion in TV rights, where attendances at home-and-away games average over 50,000 and where elite players can set themselves up for life.

Always happy to give credit where it is due as long as the opposite is also allowed. What you said is probably spot on about those particular issues; however his management of the Essenscum drug scandal has been deplorable in my opinion. Terrible decisions made, mostly behind the scenes. Needs to be heavily criticised or even justly vilified for that..... Evil or Very Mad Mad

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:07 pm

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:

That's actually frightening to read on a Collingwood fan forum.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:10 pm

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
We will have to agree to disagree - in my opinion, 'transparency' wont happen for exactly the same reasons.

And I'm not sure what 'transparency' means where individual's personal lives, reputations and livelihoods are at stake.

There's little-to-no transparency in plea bargaining or settlement negotiations in the criminal justice or commercial litigation arenas and those are far more important aspects of society than a domestic sporting competition.

The game is more important than protecting a few individuals personal lives, reputations, etc etc when they are the ones who did the wrong thing.

This is making a mockery of our great game.

For what it's worth I don't agree with plea bargains in rape and murder cases either,

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:13 pm

1061 wrote:
WhyPhilWhy? wrote:

Yeah I agree

He has tried to make the sport Australian wide, it has not worked, he has rigged the competition so certain interstate teams have got a premiership (or three) at the expense of good honest competition. The rest doesn't matter when the integrity is gawn. If this keeps up, more mums will have their kids lining up for soccer.

buzzlightyear 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:57 pm

So cutting through to 'the' issue this time, is that the AFL believe and have been assured by EFC, that Hird is not being paid by them.

Now the HS & The Australian are saying they know, but don't know how, Hird is being paid by EFC probably through a third party. They are big claims.

I trust they can back them up because if true, that is another turn in this clusterfck that is the Hird/Peptides affair.

And on a related matter, surely, ASADA have all their ducks in a row to speak to Dank now.

Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:03 pm

think positive wrote:
1061 wrote:
WhyPhilWhy? wrote:

Yeah I agree

He has tried to make the sport Australian wide, it has not worked, he has rigged the competition so certain interstate teams have got a premiership (or three) at the expense of good honest competition. The rest doesn't matter when the integrity is gawn. If this keeps up, more mums will have their kids lining up for soccer.

Plus infinity. It's unbelievable that they get away with it before our eyes

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:45 pm
Post subject: YesReply with quote

Lazza wrote:
WhyPhilWhy? wrote:

Always happy to give credit where it is due as long as the opposite is also allowed. What you said is probably spot on about those particular issues; however his management of the Essenscum drug scandal has been deplorable in my opinion. Terrible decisions made, mostly behind the scenes. Needs to be heavily criticised or even justly vilified for that..... Evil or Very Mad Mad

Absolutely spot on! +1

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:27 pm

London Dave wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
I didn't want to go off half cocked before I read everything I could about this saga before forming an opinion.
After reading articles in the sun and Australian the correct course of action is now very clear.
Dimi must resign immediately today
Fitzpatrick must resign immediately today
Hird must be punished correctly starting with a life time ban from being involved with AFL at any level in any way including media work. He also should have all his records, premiership involvements, brownlow and any honour (including hall of fame) giving to him removed. He can never be seen to be involved with the game in the past or future recognized. He knew completely what was going on and must be punished accordingly
All Essendon players must be sanctioned I'm not saying banned but hit with huge financial penalties equivalent of minimum 1yrs salary which should be donated to worthy charities
Paul Little must resign immediately today
All Essendon coaches and back room staff must be banned for periods of 2yrs to life for there involvement
Essendons fine should be reviewed and increased dramatically to $10 million and there draft privileges removed for 5yrs
All employees of the AFL who had any knowledge or involvement in this scandalous cover up must be terminated immediately
The AFL must call for a true independent enquiry headed by non AFL people to get to the real bottom of the Essendon doping regime (I believe we have heard only the tip of the iceberg here)

This is a total disgrace and all those involved must be booted from the code completely.
These penalties may seem harsh but consider the damage this has done to the codes image.
Nothing more than a complete removal of all parties involved and severe sanctions against the players must be enforced so other clubs don't go down this path again.

Agree, but none of the above will happen

I also agree but you're most likely right unfortunately. The way the AFL has handled this whole fiasco along with that corrupt football club in Essendon has been nothing short of disgraceful!!

I still hold out hope that ASADA will do this great game justice in the end after ASADA's final report is released. The punishments handed out to Hird and co in January were underwhelming to say the least.

CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:36 am

The elephant in the room here is the alleged Demetriou/Evans telephone conversation, and the story Mark Robinson broke.

It may explain why they have had to be in bed together to some degree ever since, and probably why Evans was under so much stress.

Too much ass to protect from serious criminal allegations.

It may also explain the amount of time ASADA/WADA are taking.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:58 am

The AFL CEO in 2013 will not be the same one in 2014.
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:28 am

Culprit wrote:
The AFL CEO in 2013 will not be the same one in 2014.

So he'll be preparing his parachute then? ... will take some gutsy press with rock solid evidence and/or a Snowden like leak to see him gone, though is his contract up for renewal? If so, he'll get a few directorships from the big end of town and ride off into the sunset.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:42 am

Its all about the coming infractions boys and girls. This is essendon releasing crap like they did last year. My guess its the Hirds behind it trying to muddy the waters like they did with the phone call thing. Watch it get uglier and uglier.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 3 of 14   

Jump to: