Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

AFL disgraced in Essendon saga

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:40 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Breadcrawl wrote:
think positive wrote:
1061 wrote:
WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
I get the impression some would call for Dimi's head if he forgot to put sauce on his pie.

IMO there are few sports in the world as financially secure as the AFL - a domestic-only code in a country with a very small population that is played in one of the great stadiums of the world, that can command $1 billion in TV rights, where attendances at home-and-away games average over 50,000 and where elite players can set themselves up for life.

Credit where credit is due.

That's actually frightening to read on a Collingwood fan forum.

Yeah I agree

He has tried to make the sport Australian wide, it has not worked, he has rigged the competition so certain interstate teams have got a premiership (or three) at the expense of good honest competition. The rest doesn't matter when the integrity is gawn. If this keeps up, more mums will have their kids lining up for soccer.

Plus infinity. It's unbelievable that they get away with it before our eyes

Yeah but when even some posters on a Collingwood forum start defending and supporting the AFL on this issue you get the impression that Dimi has far more support than deserved. Obviously these are not just isolated opinions. Whether other hidden agendas are fuelling this surprising support is an unknown, however I think the integrity of the AFL HAS been compromised in this Essenscum affair but get the distinct impression that people far more influential or powerful than mere me are doing a fantastic job of sweeping these issues under the carpet. Nothing to see here, just move on you common folks………… Shocked

I for one will never use the term AFL and credibility/integrity in the one sentence ever again………….. Rolling Eyes
Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:57 am

Culprit wrote:
The AFL CEO in 2013 will not be the same one in 2014.

If this were to be the case, Dimi would have already gracefully retired by now. Fat pigs once at a swill are bloody hard to remove Culprit. I very much doubt that you will be proved right.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:02 am

Lazza wrote:
Culprit wrote:

If this were to be the case, Dimi would have already gracefully retired by now. Fat pigs once at a swill are bloody hard to remove Culprit. I very much doubt that you will be proved right.
The Pit Bull (Neil Mitchell) is after him now.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:05 am

Culprit wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Culprit wrote:

The Pit Bull (Neil Mitchell) is after him now.

Then I would be more inclined to think Neil and Andrew have sat down and worked out a strategy in order for Neil to look like the hard hitting journo while Andrew gets moved aside into a new job say as a Tennis Administrator.

Mitchell like to be seen as a good guy.
Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:43 pm

^ The ATP job has been filled. http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/tennis/25024059
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:34 pm

AFL AGAIN SHOWING IT RUN BY MORONS
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:46 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
AFL AGAIN SHOWING IT RUN BY MORONS

You know DTM means business when every letter is a capital.

gurugeoff 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:40 pm

couldn't care less about the whole saga. Move on.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:59 am

Essendon is leaking details to the Murdoch press. They want someone to pay and that person is Demetri. Every time he speaks a leak exposes his lies and the latest is the one where he has denied ever warning Essendon that they were under investigation. The phone call was made. The AFL CEO has the Murdoch Press after him and now Fairfax with Neil Mitchell after him. The last time they joined forces the Prime Minister lost their job.

Who will replace the Greek?
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:30 am

The games that rich people play is a sickening as the people involved, MEMO Hird and Demetriou and many others ' REALITY CHECK ' The game does not belong to you !!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:39 am

joffa corfe wrote:
The games that rich people play is a sickening as the people involved, MEMO Hird and Demetriou and many others ' REALITY CHECK ' The game does not belong to you !!

Doesn't it?

The size and scope of the game is because of them and the work they have done, even our own run our Club like it's his own play thing. How can we challenge that power I certainly don't have the old private school network of mates to call on do you?

We are mere p(r)awns in their power games.
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:41 am

Hird must be banned from the AFL ( lifetime ). Demetriou must stand down..If none of these happen..Our great game means nothing my friends..The game is slowly dying!!!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:53 am

joffa corfe wrote:
Hird must be banned from the AFL ( lifetime ). Demetriou must stand down..If none of these happen..Our great game means nothing my friends..The game is slowly dying!!!

Yep this is what I've been saying all along,

If bucks had done what Hird has done, ie bought his club to its knees, and worse, defiled it, I would want him banished forever. I don't get the bomber fans love for him still.

And Dimi's pure arrogance surely must come crashing down soon.

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:02 am

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
I get the impression some would call for Dimi's head if he forgot to put sauce on his pie.

IMO there are few sports in the world as financially secure as the AFL - a domestic-only code in a country with a very small population that is played in one of the great stadiums of the world, that can command $1 billion in TV rights, where attendances at home-and-away games average over 50,000 and where elite players can set themselves up for life.

Credit where credit is due.

Mugs like you and me Phil have made the game what it is today, Hard working people who have to scrimp and save to be a part of this bullshit. A rigged draw that gives lesser clubs a chance of making finals football which I must add is competed by half of the competition.

A club in the Western Subs of Sydney will not work will never work and is just a waste of millions of dollars when millions should of been spent in setting up a club in Tasmania.

Integrity is very important its what we teach our kids its a value we must hold onto dearly and forever. This is all about the rich who feel by wealth alone that they are above the law. The game is run by a dictatorship it has no transparency it can get away with whatever it likes. These very people preach to us they are where they are in life because of hard work and honesty and cop this 'integrity'.
Their are a lot of people making a lot of money from our game..They will when it comes to the crunch stick together like shit to a blanket.
It reflects who we are, It reflects society as it is today..Its all very sad so very very sad!!!!

PS The Billion Dollar TV rights has not enhanced our game it very much has ruined our game!!!!!

And yet they're all to happy to dish out a fine to Ahmed Saad for "innocently" taking a suspect sports drink but yet won't punish Watson who self admitted to taking it! I hate double standards

Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:21 am

Cam wrote:
Its all about the coming infractions boys and girls. This is essendon releasing crap like they did last year. My guess its the Hirds behind it trying to muddy the waters like they did with the phone call thing. Watch it get uglier and uglier.

Spot on Cam. Hird and his minders are now moving into phase 2 of their campaign and it appears to have taken the AFL by complete surprise. Demetriou goes on 3AW and says the AFL is not paying Hird and that Essendon is not and will be sanctioned if they are. Then the Hird camp admits he is being paid by Essendon. Why is Hird taking this course of action?

There's only one answer to that as far as I can see; they know they have Demetriou by the short and curlies and will now pursue him. They wanted their day in court and didn't get it and although they seemed to agree to a settlement, now seem to be having second thoughts.

David Evans holds the key. If Hird's camp can pressure him enough to come clean the whole show comes crashing down with Demetriou crashing with it. But will that happen? Evans coming clean would mean he and Demetriou had lied to ASADA and there must be big penalties for that.

It is amazing though that Hird is still taking the stand that he has been wronged and has not received justice. It really says so much about his ego. Essendon too seems hell bent on bringing down Demetriou and proving how big and powerful it is. Again, ego and staggering arrogance.

Still, I won't hold my breath that the truth will come out; the Melbourne and Adelaide scandals show just how the establishment looks after its own, but it does leave a very sour taste in the mouth.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 4 of 14   

Jump to: