Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Bye bye Hird?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:27 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Clearly gone. The only thing to save Hird is if Little goes and Hird appoints himself as President, CEO, Lord, Master, Commander in Chief
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:31 pm

Stupied wrote:
As Stui has already said, if being a scapegoat and hung out to dry means getting a million bucks and 12 months holidays, sign me up.

The Hirds should stfu and just be thankful that his career wasn't miraculously ruined by his irresponsibility.

Don't forget the 2 year contract extension.

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:32 pm

matrix10 wrote:
I can't really blame Tania for sticking up for her husband- I'd want my wife to do the same.

The fact is Hird is a scapgoat- although far from a completely blameless one.

Despite his faults- the rotund Cypriot did the only thing he could given the situation- hang Hird out to dry for the sake of the greater good- the AFL.

The AFL does not want a full scale investigation into the 'supplements' programs at clubs, because if this were the case it is likely all clubs would be in breach of ASADA/WADA codes.

Let's not fool ourselves that Essendope was the only club experimenting.

They were warned not to employ Dank, they ignored the advice- here lies the arrogance of Hird- he basically thumbed his nose at the powers that be and sailed too close to the wind. Shit was about to hit the fan and Dimi had to do something.

Choice 1- full scale investigation into all 18 clubs sports science departments- resulting in competition folding

Choice 2- Throw an AFL goldan child to the wolves and let everything continue as normal.

Hird and his wife's biggest mistake is to think that the general public actually care more about him than the AFL competition.

Added to the Carlolton dodgy salary cap ine=vestments with a fromer board member and the haircuts- and it almost makes last weeks loss seem a distant memory.
Go Pies!

Scapegoat my arse!

And as much as his wife is standing up for him. She's actually making it worse.

I'm no Dimitriou fan but as he has stated several times: he didn't inject anyone.

Dank thinks he's helping Hird too...but he ain't. He said today that Hird had full knowledge of what he was doing.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:37 pm

How much is that?
Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:37 pm

hird is getting 1 mill for this year and if the bombers cut his contract he gets another 2 mill or there abouts.

all he has to do is come out and say yes i did .............................. and then this matter would be dead by now. if tanya took notes while james was on phone seeing as she always takes notes Rolling Eyes show us the public. also as if ur partner sits next to you while your on phone taking notes
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:57 pm

matrix10 wrote:
The fact is Hird is a scapgoat- although far from a completely blameless one.

Rubbish.

A "scapegoat" is "A person who is blamed for the wrongdoings, mistakes, or faults of others, especially for reasons of expediency". (Oxford Dictionary.)

Hird has been punished for his own wrongdoing, if you can call being given a 12 month holiday on full pay "punishment".

It wasn't Ross Lyon or Nathan Buckley who pumped his players full of illegal drugs; it wasn't Alastair Clarkson or Guy McKenna who tried to cheat their way to victory, it wasn't John Longmire or Mick Malthouse who brought the entire competition into contempt and disrepute by injecting drugs into the young men they were coaching, it was James Allan Hird. None other.

Guilty as sin. No excuses. He should be treated exactly the same way we treat all other drug cheats: banned for life.

As for the incredible hubris and stupidity of complaining in public about his ridiculously lenient sentence on the very eve of his club's first important match of the season, there is no excuse for that incredible selfishness either. No true Essendon supporter could want him ever having anything to do with the club ever again.

matrix10 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:05 pm

Keep burying your head in the sand.

Hird is a scapegoat.

I hate Hird as much as the next man- yet he has been hung out to dry for the sake of the competition.

Tannin- your thoroughly googled, I mean researched definition of scapegoat actually supports my theory.

I am not saying Hird di nothing wrong. On the contrary- I am saying he did a hell of a lot wrong.

What i am saying is that Essendon and Jimmy boy were surely not the only clubs involved in dodgy supplements programs- perhaps not to the systemeatic level of the dopers.

Can you honestly tell me that the Cats, SUns and Demons- all of whom employed Dank and/or Robinson at some point were not involved in dodginess??
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:06 pm

I want Hird to come back so that we can get Thompson as coach.
matrix10 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:08 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
I want Hird to come back so that we can get Thompson as coach.

lols
The biggest question I have in this whole saga is:
How the hell does the guy who has had long term professional relationships with all key players manage to some out of this smelling like roses and head coach of the club he brought the dodgy scientists to??
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:39 pm
Post subject: YesReply with quote

The press should be asking her why she puts up with a man that has hair like Hird? lol It is the same as Bertha's hair.
Big T 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:47 pm

David wrote:
Have I missed something here? Isn't his wife an adult human being who is entitled to report the facts as she recalls them? She was the one being interviewed, not him. I don't get how this interview makes Hird's position less tenable—if anything, it's Demetriou who should be sweating.

Wake up Australia. It's organisational politics. He is gonesky. Little has the amo he needs now to get rid of Hird without pissing off members, which is what they are aiming at. It's not a matter of whether hird goes, it's what excuse the bummers can come up with to get rid of him without losing members.

Politics.

Big T 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:48 pm

Lazza wrote:
Need to hear from David Evans as to what exactly happened.

He won't say a word. No need.

sixpoints 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:19 pm

Yeah it's the AFL's fault that dim witted club admin staff who thought they were beyond ASADA rules were running football clubs.
The poorly run clubs make the mistakes. The poorly run clubs get caught. Essendon were shockingly inept in governance.
What's their defense?
It's the governance bodies fault.
What rubbish.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:20 pm

They are lighting a fire for a reason, so the smoke will hide something else.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:56 pm

David wrote:
Have I missed something here? Isn't his wife an adult human being who is entitled to report the facts as she recalls them? She was the one being interviewed, not him. I don't get how this interview makes Hird's position less tenable—if anything, it's Demetriou who should be sweating.

Hearing a "swoosh" sound?

yep, you've totally missed the point.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6   

Jump to: